Does a banana a day keep weight loss away?

Options

Replies

• Dawnymaries
    Options
    If all of the ingredients in your smoothie are higher than your oats and milk, that may be the problem.

I have a banana nearly every day, when we have them anyway.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I work all night on a drink of rum day light come an me want to go home. Come mr bananaman tally me bananas
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    B A N A N A This Thread is Bananas
    diva-model-princess-vintage-Favim.com-367057_thumb.gif
  • sammyjo0402
    sammyjo0402 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bananas have good carbs and contains sugar... there is a chance from you eliminating the carbs the bananas contain that you were losing weight... but something else in your diet, exercising or sleeping seems more likely to be the cause. Less sodium, less or better carbs, less sugar, more water, different or more exercise, better sleep... it could be a number of things. If you're about to workout or just finished working out and it was or will be, say... fairly vigorous.. than I would keep them! Bananas are yummy.. my favorite fruit... but if you feel that was honestly what made the difference for you and you are ok with keeping them out then go for it.. Less calories. Hah.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty vigilant about avoiding excess sugar, but I love me the occasional banana. I think the high fruit sugar content is more than balanced out by the level of snacky yummy satisfaction I get from eating one. :)

Natural Fructose in fruit is not bad for you. Health issues and weight gain arise in over consumption of simple refined sugars (like soda and HFC). I eat 1-2 bananas every day along with strawberries, blueberries and apples. Their sugars fall within my macro numbers and and the other phytonutrients that fruit contains make them an integral part of good health. Lost 40 pounds and have gained a ton of muscle so fruits will be a fixture in my daily regimen... my 2 cents
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    B A N A N A This Thread is Bananas
    diva-model-princess-vintage-Favim.com-367057_thumb.gif

always monkeying around
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    If all of the ingredients in your smoothie are higher than your oats and milk, that may be the problem.

I have a banana nearly every day, when we have them anyway.

So how would you fix this? Tell the oats and milk to smoke more weed or tell the other ingredients to smoke less?
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This is not related to health stuff.. But Bananas make you smell amazing to Mosquitos!
    My mother told me this, and I tried cutting them out in the Spring to test it out... and watched everyone else get bit.
    They ignored me because I don't smell as sweet!

Thought if you don't have pesky mosquitos then ignore this. :)
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    This is not related to health stuff.. But Bananas make you smell amazing to Mosquitos!
    My mother told me this, and I tried cutting them out in the Spring to test it out... and watched everyone else get bit.

momma say alligators are onrey because they have all dem teef and no toof brush.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    So many dirty jokes in this thread...must...resist
  • jdennisj
    Options
    I know bananas are high in sugar though I only eat barely ripe ones which I thought were lower in sugar, ie doesn't sugar content increase the riper they get?

I wondered that question as well. Do bananas contain the same amount of sugar regardless of how ripe they are? Does a chemical reaction occur in bananas as they ripen that would create increased amounts of sugar? I basically gave up eating bananas due to the sugar content.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I eat at least one a day... sometimes two. I've still been loosing weight.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    . Do you think a banana a day would make such a difference?

No.
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    Seriously? You are asking is a fruit, power food is making you gain weight?
    Chips, sodas, beers, don't get you fat if you eat nothing else.

It's all in the math and good eating+great exercise!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    this is just bananas.

beat me to it:angry:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana just about every day. But that's because I like them. They aren't magic.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    No.

Next question.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I eat a TON of bananas and have lost 100 pounds since March. I do not understand why bananas get blamed for failure to lose weight!
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Mosquitoes are attracted to carbon dioxide and nonanal produced by the body, not bananas sorry...
    http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/skeeters.asp
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    81366568.gif