I need all of the help I can get!

Options
I was a member of MFP about a year ago and I seen results. I am an emotional eater, therefore I let the stress of things going on in my life slow down my goal of losing. I woke up this morning and realized I really really need to stop feeling sorry for myself because my body is going to change unless I make a change. Sooo I am back and Hopefully I make new friends that can help motivate me and I can help motivate as well!

Are there any other emotional eaters out there that have overcome this problem?

Replies

• Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I, too am an emotional eater. I eat when things aren't going well, when they are, when I'm happy, sad, angry, etc.... I've turned down social requests in order to hide/eat. I've accepted social requests that are food friendly. I go through spells when I am ok and then suddenly I'm not. No I haven't overcome it. I just try to take one day at a time, like the addict I am. Good luck.
  • worshiptheking148
    Options
    yeah i used to be an emotional eater , when i was 13 and my parents split up ....i was devasted , so i ate and ate and ate .....the scale reached at 260 at 13 years old. but thank God he came into my life and He completely changed me , I will never forget what God did for me. since then i've lost bout 70lbs. and still losing , and life is full of happiness because of God .
  • Only1mee33
    Options
    yeah i used to be an emotional eater , when i was 13 and my parents split up ....i was devasted , so i ate and ate and ate .....the scale reached at 260 at 13 years old. but thank God he came into my life and He completely changed me , I will never forget what God did for me. since then i've lost bout 70lbs. and still losing , and life is full of happiness because of God .

wow that is awesome! Congrats! I do believe that anything is possible through God. I just have to keep having faith.
  • Only1mee33
    Options
    I, too am an emotional eater. I eat when things aren't going well, when they are, when I'm happy, sad, angry, etc.... I've turned down social requests in order to hide/eat. I've accepted social requests that are food friendly. I go through spells when I am ok and then suddenly I'm not. No I haven't overcome it. I just try to take one day at a time, like the addict I am. Good luck.

Im an addict also :smile: One day at a time is a good way to look at it! Deal with everyday as it comes! Good luck to you too.
  • AshS1050
    AshS1050 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i am soooo an emotional eater. i get it into my head that if i had a hard day (or even a good one) "i deserve" to indulge in all forms of salty cheesy fried goodness. but then i feel miserable afterwards. i also enjoy a good adult beverage which lowers inhibitions and leads to more lax eating. I spent a year on a deployment w/o tastey fast food, or alcohol. once i got back i tried to 'catch up' on all i missed b/c i thought "i deserved" it.

BUT we 'deserve' to be healthy. so i'm trying to get a lock down by regimenting what i eat and allowing myself a cheat day every once in awhile.

add me if you'd like. we can keep eachother accountable :-)
  • worshiptheking148
    Options

Im an addict also :smile: One day at a time is a good way to look at it! Deal with everyday as it comes! Good luck to you too.
    I tell you with certainty if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed can say to this mountain move! , and it WILL move. Nothing will be impossible for you"-matthew 17:20
  • Only1mee33
    Options
    i am soooo an emotional eater. i get it into my head that if i had a hard day (or even a good one) "i deserve" to indulge in all forms of salty cheesy fried goodness. but then i feel miserable afterwards. i also enjoy a good adult beverage which lowers inhibitions and leads to more lax eating. I spent a year on a deployment w/o tastey fast food, or alcohol. once i got back i tried to 'catch up' on all i missed b/c i thought "i deserved" it.

BUT we 'deserve' to be healthy. so i'm trying to get a lock down by regimenting what i eat and allowing myself a cheat day every once in awhile.

add me if you'd like. we can keep eachother accountable :-)

You just made me want to go eat some mac & cheese and an adult beverage with it :sad: (just teasing) I've found that when I do eat healthy I feel so much better. Its just so hard to resist the smell of good food. I guess its all about eating in moderation, nothing wrong with having a cheat day as long as its not everyday. Good luck to you and me!
  • AshS1050
    AshS1050 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You just made me want to go eat some mac & cheese and an adult beverage with it :sad: (just teasing)

omg, M&C is my kryptonite! my new habit is restricting those things from my shopping list so that when the urge hits, i don't have it on hand in my apt. if i have to drive to the grocery store to get it, i get an extra 15min to think "do i REALLY need this?"

yes, good luck! :-)