exercising in makeup?

Options

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Take a few seconds and wash your face people!! coming from work is not an excuse, you can bring wipes, or use the gyms bathroom, soap and water. I can just picture the nasty sweaty foundation just caking and clogging pores. Eww.

Seriously? I don't wear that much makeup. I wear a very light powder foundation that I put on at the beginning of the day and don't remove until my post-workout shower. Even if I sweat, there's no caking involved. Maybe you should invest in better foundation.

If I noticed breakouts, I would probably put more effort into removing my makeup before working out. But I don't have that problem, so I don't waste my time/money.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make up unless it's a special occasion. However, I keep face cleansing towlettes in my car for after my runs. I was starting to break out from all the sweat and now I just clean up afterwards with the cloths and all is good. They function as make up removers too, so you could just use one before your workout.
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup during workouts. I don't really see the point. I've done it a few times but then I thought "this is not a fashion show, I'm here to sweat and get a good workout in..." Plus, I kind of feel its a waste if its just going to look all gross during a workout, haha.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    No. On the days I wear makeup, I never worry about removing the makeup first. I usually only wear eye makeup, though... I never wear foundation.

ETA: Of course... I only workout in the afternoons, after work. I have no night life, so there's no point in worrying about the makeup to keep it looking good.
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i normally like most people, go to the gym directly from work...i dont wear THAT much make up to begin with but i dont take it off to work out... it is annoying to wipe ur face and it all comes off but lol the gym is not a fashion show sooo it is what it is :)
  • shapeup6
    shapeup6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I never wear makeup to exercise. I wash it all off completely before heading to the gym or working out at home. I sweat a lot at the gym and I'm constantly wiping my face with my gym towel. For me, makeup plus sweat is not a good combination.
  • KerrieJane86
    KerrieJane86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup... ever (well maybe like 6 times a year... but I am thinking about taking makeup wearing)
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Do you remove your makeup before you work out?
    I usually don't then when I wipe my face, I end up with foundation all over my towel, LoL.

If I was wearing any, absolutely! I'm worried about the effect it would have on the health of my skin in terms of causing blemishes or acne. Those facial cleansing cloths that lather when you add water to them are wonderful to keep in your gym bag just for this purpose. I happen to like Olay, but there are others.

*I don't like the ones that are already wet--they don't work anywhere near as well and also overdry your skin*
  • mmrp79
    mmrp79 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My usual time for working out is during lunch break or right after work so I am full make-up, but by the time I am done its half gone!!
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you like mascara runing down your cheacks exercise in makeup, if you like foundation on yopur towel exercise in makeup, if you like acne exercise in makeup ... your dermathologist will love you!

i wear both mascara and eyeliner to the gym. i work my butt off and i sweat A LOT and i have NEVER experienced my make up running. all you need is a good eyeliner and mascara. ive never had acne and i dont tend to break out in spots either...maybe im one of the lucky ones i dont know...it all gets washed off after my workout when i shower so why would i bother washing it off before hand lol
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Nope....but all I wear is eyeliner and a little bit of blush (if I need it).

By the time I workout, it's already worn off for the day and I won't put more on. Just rather be natural.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    mascara and eye liner don't typically run and since I'm coming straight from work, I leave it on. I don't wear foundation and barely have any blush on.. so yeah I work out in my makeup. I wear long last lipstick, and why not have nice red lips when bench pressing :).
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    mascara and eye liner don't typically run and since I'm coming straight from work, I leave it on. I don't wear foundation and barely have any blush on.. so yeah I work out in my makeup. I wear long last lipstick, and why not have nice red lips when bench pressing :).

right on!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I workout right after work so what ever's on my face stays on my face...
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    When I workout right after work I leave whatever make up on that day on. I don't wear foundation just a bit of blush and I do up my eyes. So if it gets a bit messy who cares I'm there to workout not be pretty.
  • bluedevil005
    bluedevil005 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Its a gym not a beauty pageant

...says the guy with a profile pic of himself, shirtless and flexing.

I go from work straight to the gym, which so I have a full face of makeup on (foundation, concealer, blush, brow powder, eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, and lipgloss). Wearing makeup at the gym doesn't break me out. I sweat a LOT (as in, soaked shirts and salt crusted face), but I have good quality makeup that withstands my workouts, and it doesn't irritate my skin.

And ya know what, sometimes on the weekend I put on foundation and mascara before I go anywhere, including the gym. I'm not doing it because I'm going to be cute and pretty at the gym, I just don't want to look at my own blotchy skin. Everyone has their own reason for wearing makeup (or not wearing makeup), but as long as they're at the gym to get in a good workout (not just look cute on an elliptical, barely moving), who cares? (It's annoying when people are taking up machines at the gym for non-fitness stuff).

Besides, me and my pretty little made-up face are probably on the treadmill next to you, or lifting weights, kicking your *kitten*.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I've never felt the need to exercise in make up :laugh:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I used to not bother on the days I worked out in the evening cuz I figured Im just gonna shower after my workout anyway but I noticed in increase in acne so I started taking it off before I workout.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    no, but I usually end up with eye liner and mascara running down my face and into my eyes and ending up with black stuff down my cheeks . . . sexercise.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Take a few seconds and wash your face people!! coming from work is not an excuse, you can bring wipes, or use the gyms bathroom, soap and water. I can just picture the nasty sweaty foundation just caking and clogging pores. Eww.

Not everyone wears foundation. Typically I have blush, mascara and a little bit of eye liner. When you're exercising during a lunch break at your work and every second counts -- including the time that it takes you to actually walk your *kitten* down to the gym -- towards the time you're away from the desk stopping to wash your face ain't going to happen. I never had any acne issues when I didn't wash my face pre-workout.