can i have mcdonalds on my cheat day

Options
12346»

Replies

• Bubble65
    Options
    I am feeding and fasting so could eat anything on my feed days but I am still trying to stay within a calorie goal. Tbh I have found that because I know I can eat anything I want every other day, then I don't crave anything. I think once you start telling yourself "no" then the reaction is usually to want it even more.
  • sandra152
    Options
    whats a cheat day I don't have them I am a goody goody and stick to my calorie intake and exercise every day I don't want to undo the good work and effort I have put in or its a waste of time
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have McDonalds on a regular day it is just a Sandwich. Apple Pie is just a small Cake, Fries are potatoes. Big Servings and Coke and Milkshakes is something else tho!
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I know sometimes I go over my calorie limit but I dont do cheat days. That said if I want a snack (snickers bar is my favorite) I just have one and include it in my calorie count.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your macros you can have one whenever you want.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I did today! I had a small fries! I was craving junk today so I ate it. Mainly I was craving salt and potatoes. Right after my run too. I couldn't care less. I have had McDonalds twice in the two montgs I have been here. Each time just a small fries. I would rather give into it than binge eat trying to avoid it.
  • jwilson3787
    Options
    Why would you waste a cheat day on McDonalds????
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you wish to eat. Personally, I cannot stand the burgers from there. I go for the grilled chicken snack wrap. It's less calories and I find it more appealing. That, and I like the McFlurrys or the sundaes, even though their ice cream tastes more like marshmallowy goop......
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't eat McDonald's EVER ;) not only is it horribly unhealthy (fat, sodium, etc) ...the food quality is bad as well.

You're body is a temple... don't put that S*it in it! lol. If you really want a cheeseburger...make an amazing cheeseburger at home! They are so much tastier and then you can control what you put in it.

But in seriousness, if you want to have a cheat day. Eat a McDonalds cheeseburger... it is not going to derail much.. but I would consider going through drivethru and leaving. THEN if you do realize it tastes amazing...you can't have another.

Also, expect to have stomach knots and possibly be sitting on the toilet if you have not had McDonald's or greasy food in awhile. Take it from me...I made a similar mistake once. ;-)
    According to your food diary, you enjoy McDonalds crispy chicken sandwiches. Those are loaded with sodium as well as your macaroni and cheese from noodles and co.

To the original poster, if you want one get it. Just make sure it stays in your daily calorie goal. For example, plan to have one tomorrow but eat very well all day long. I also suggest buying a side salad with it as well because stop that craving, I can almost guarantee you'll still be hungry. I don't eat very well but I try and I work out 5x a week,. If you feel guilty or cruddy after eating that burger, work out. Remember this is forever. Do what you think you can handle forever. I used to get large meals with Coke from Mcdonalds. Now I usually get a sandwich, side salad and bottled water. If some people can eat healthy ALL of the time and never have cravings or can resist them, good for them.

ahahaha! ^^love this! how does that saying go...the pot calling the kettle black??!! and this malarkey about "your body is a temple"?? oh please. we are only human. get over yourself. speaking from my own experience, the more i deprived myself of something, the more i was likely to binge on it. just order one dang cheeseburger, small fries a coke and call it a day. why you making things so complicated? one cheat meal/day/whatever is not going to undo everything. own up to it and i'm sure you can get back on the wagon the next day.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't eat McDonald's EVER ;) not only is it horribly unhealthy (fat, sodium, etc) ...the food quality is bad as well.

You're body is a temple... don't put that S*it in it! lol. If you really want a cheeseburger...make an amazing cheeseburger at home! They are so much tastier and then you can control what you put in it.

But in seriousness, if you want to have a cheat day. Eat a McDonalds cheeseburger... it is not going to derail much.. but I would consider going through drivethru and leaving. THEN if you do realize it tastes amazing...you can't have another.

Also, expect to have stomach knots and possibly be sitting on the toilet if you have not had McDonald's or greasy food in awhile. Take it from me...I made a similar mistake once. ;-)
    According to your food diary, you enjoy McDonalds crispy chicken sandwiches. Those are loaded with sodium as well as your macaroni and cheese from noodles and co.

To the original poster, if you want one get it. Just make sure it stays in your daily calorie goal. For example, plan to have one tomorrow but eat very well all day long. I also suggest buying a side salad with it as well because stop that craving, I can almost guarantee you'll still be hungry. I don't eat very well but I try and I work out 5x a week,. If you feel guilty or cruddy after eating that burger, work out. Remember this is forever. Do what you think you can handle forever. I used to get large meals with Coke from Mcdonalds. Now I usually get a sandwich, side salad and bottled water. If some people can eat healthy ALL of the time and never have cravings or can resist them, good for them.

ahahaha! ^^love this! how does that saying go...the pot calling the kettle black??!! and this malarkey about "your body is a temple"?? oh please. we are only human. get over yourself. speaking from my own experience, the more i deprived myself of something, the more i was likely to binge on it. just order one dang cheeseburger, small fries a coke and call it a day. why you making things so complicated? one cheat meal/day/whatever is not going to undo everything. own up to it and i'm sure you can get back on the wagon the next day.
    I love your reply ^^^
    To be honest I should have read their profile before I even commented. I probably wouldn't have at all.
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Just a little inside info on Mickey D's (yes I worked there for like 2 weeks) they take 1 lb of burger and get 10 yes I said 10 burgers out of it yep I did not last long at that part time job-too structured for me among other things:noway:
  • mdonovan
    Options
    Christ, if you want to eat McD's on your cheat day, then eat McD's on your cheat day. If you don't allow yourself small indulgences on occasion, you'll eventually break and binge. I would, anyway. Yes, we all know it's horrible for you, it's not really food, it's a concotion of salt and fat that resembles food, blah blah blah, but what's the point of living a healthy lifestyle? To have a long and healthy life. I have no interest in eating chicken and vegetables and yogurt every day until my long healthy life ends, that's no way to live. Think about how often you used to eat that stuff before you changed your lifestyle, do you think one will totally disrupt your progress? So yes, eat the McDonald's, log it if you want to see if it was worth it, or don't log it, whatever, it's one cheeseburger :)
  • burtnyks
    burtnyks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think if you can handle it and go back to healthy eating the next day its fine. I will admit that when I have a cheat day I have a CHEAT day! I end up eating everything that I had been craving during the week. But I don't cheat at all the other 6 days and just get right back on track. I find it helps keep me sane and gives me something to look forward to each week.
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Just Goggle McDonalds + nutritional values and you can figure out at home what you plan to eat. Or now McDs posts the calorie count of all items, but it doesn't help if you go through the drive thru. Be sure to plan for it.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    ONLY IF YOU WANT TO RETAIN YOU FAT !cDonalds =FAT , no Mcdonalds = lose fat !!! Your choice

So by saying this I can eat whatever as long as I avoid the Mickey D's? He I was thinking it was my huge servings of pasta and lunches from cafes... lol.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    what's the point of living a healthy lifestyle? To have a long and healthy life. I have no interest in eating chicken and vegetables and yogurt every day until my long healthy life ends, that's no way to live.

YES YOU ACTUALLY JUST TYPED THIS ON A HEALTH FORUM
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I eat McDonald's on occasion. I still am at a healthy weight, all my vital signs and labs are normal, I take no medications, and I have enough energy and stamina to last through a four-hour martial arts instructors' clinic every other month. Apparently, an occasional McDonald's meal will not end my world.
    I would not do it every day, though.
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I hate McDonalds and the only time I eat anything from there is if I want their oatmeal or a soft-serve cone, lol. If I want a cheeseburger, I'd rather go somewhere that uses quality meat and fresh ingredients... to me, than it'd be worth it!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I had McDonald's bacon/egg/cheese biscuit and hash browns this morning for breakfast and it was delicious. I'm not sick, and I won't be hungry at noon.

I have to run tech for our Board of Trustees meeting today and tomorrow and get into work by 7am (usually it's 8:30) so a McDonald's breakfast is my treat for these 2 days. Once or twice is not going to totally derail you. Go for it, and enjoy it!