Anyone from Oklahoma or close by?

Options
Coweta, Oklahoma here. Worst place ever.

Replies

• kevokie
    kevokie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bristow here...I work in Muskogee. I totally know what ya mean about Coweta...I purposefully stay away from there! HA!
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Claremore here....
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My husbands stationed at ft sill, so for the time being I live in Oklahoma.... I agree, no offense but Oklahoma sucks.
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My husbands stationed at ft sill, so for the time being I live in Oklahoma.... I agree, no offense but Oklahoma sucks.

Please tell your husband Thank you for his service..and you as the wife who also serves...Thank you!!!
  • KFilthy
    KFilthy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bristow here...I work in Muskogee. I totally know what ya mean about Coweta...I purposefully stay away from there! HA!

Muskogee is cool. I was there last weekend for the Haunted Castle! But yes, avoid this place at all costs!
  • KFilthy
    Options
    Claremore here....

Ooh I lived in Claremore for 4 years! My family still lives there. I graduated from the Alternative School! awesome :)
  • KFilthy
    Options

No offense taken, lady. I was lucky enough to live in California for a few months, then came back here.. Worst realization ever seeing how litte there is to do!
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I live in Missouri now. I used to live in Wagoner though, we played Coweta in sports. I moved to Tulsa at the beginning of high school though and wound up graduating from Owasso. Okie here, born and raised.
  • aleciaj7
    Options
    Oklahoma City here ;)
  • MommaShorty
    MommaShorty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I lived in Tulsa for 10 months while my husband had a job at spirit now we live in Wichita Ks again. Oklahoma felt very different from Ks even though they are right by each other.
  • Hmwarren84
    Hmwarren84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Currently I am in North Carolina and move a lot, but I spent many years in Oklahoma. Norman,Cache, Lawton,OKC....Still have a bunch of family out there.
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    OKC here. BTW Lawton is not a good representation of the state - I refer to it as the armpit.
  • ksimmn
    ksimmn Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Choctaw OK here
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    OKC here. BTW Lawton is not a good representation of the state - I refer to it as the armpit.

As someone who was stationed at Fort Sill, I agree. :P

I grew up in Oklahoma, mostly OKC & Moore, though I have not been back in several years.
  • MrObundles
    MrObundles Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma and I love it!
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Coweta, Oklahoma here. Worst place ever.

I guess you've never been to Ada. That's where I am.
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My son is stationed at Altus, or as we refer to it, nowhere Oklahoma, I miss him, his wife and my grandbabies and really wish the Air Force would send him back to the east coast. He has been there for 3 years already!
  • katienaas
    katienaas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im from Oklahoma but live in Ohio at the moment. Ive lived in Stillwater, Tulsa, Owasso and Bixby.
  • NaEl1
    NaEl1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm from the City....
  • Casshileman
    Options
    My son is stationed at Altus, or as we refer to it, nowhere Oklahoma, I miss him, his wife and my grandbabies and really wish the Air Force would send him back to the east coast. He has been there for 3 years already!

We're from Oklahoma, but currently stationed in Virginia. We've been her almost a year now.

I'm originally from Bridge Creek, lol. It's a big'n. Bought a house in Moore though. Definetly miss the people from OK and the food. lol.
    I don't know that I would have the will power to lose weight if I still lived there though. The food back home is soooo much better. I miss some freaking Braums!!! Definately better on my diet though being in VA. lol