Mama back on track challenge,any takers?

Options

Replies

• missbeccaanne
    Options
    Hi All,

I am 28 and a stay at home mom of one incredibly energized 3 year old boy. I was doing mfp and lost almost 20 lbs and then just got lazy and stopped for the summer and have gained most of it back. So I am back to logging and trying to make better food decisions.
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    Good morning ladies,I love seeing all the new faces!! How's everyone doing today? Any problems you are having that you want to share,are welcomed here!! I'm doing great so far,since starting this challenge I have lost 3 lbs,I'm sure most of it was water weight,bit ill take it,lol..So I've been thinking of adding some mini challenges starting next week,now that weve gotten our bodies warmed up,maybe adding crunches,or squats daily for a week,something to challenge us weekly for the next few weeks,what yall think? I'll be more then happy to take suggestions..well I hope yall have a wonderful weekend,and don't forget to weigh in Monday for total weighloss of that week:)

I noticed I used the word "week" a lot.lol
  • destinee1103
    destinee1103 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

I did really good t his week in really nervous about the weekend normally over the weekend I gain what i lost the whole week so
    my goal is to stay focused and eat healthy or limit myself on what i eat I have birthday parties so I hope to stay on track.
    everyone have a safe and healthy weekend. :flowerforyou:
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a good day yesterday! (I haven't read through the posts yet, but I'll get there...)

Yesterday was a wonderful but exhausting day for me. I managed to break 1,000 calories of burn and stay under all my goals (even sodium, which gets hard with extra calories to eat). By the time the kids went to bed I was struggling to stay awake myself! LOL

I did decide to up my workout sooner than planned, though. My body seems to think that because I'm working out a couple of days a week I need to eat a consistent number of calories even on my off days, so I need to reduce my off days so I don't have as many days that I feel like I'm starving... and this can only mean good things for my fitness level!

Hope everyone has a brilliant, wonderful and motivated day!
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    HELP! Ladies I need so much encourgement right now. I feel like I am giving up. I have not been eating the way I should and I have not given my all when I do exercise which has also slowed down and become spuratic (?spelling). Although it has just started this week really I feel like this could so easily become a pattern and I could quickly ballon back up to over 250 again. I feel fat all the time, so then I don't eat and then i am starved so I eat bad food. I think it may be b/c i am dealing with a lot at work, and at home and dont know how to really handle it. if you all could offer any words of encourgement it would greatly be appreciated right now.
    thanks ladies
  • Foie_gras
    Foie_gras Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. We all have those days. Don't beat yourself up over it. If you slip or even fall, pick yourself up and carry on. You are doing SO MUCH BETTER now than you were before, even if it doesn't feel that way. Be proud of yourself! Just doing something is better than nothing. I know that can be hard when you look in the mirror or the pants feel tight or whatever, but remember, you are making a difference for you and all those who love you. The littlest steps are still steps!

Woulda, coulda, shoulda... ppffft! You should be proud of yourself for making the decision to start a program. We all know that the journey won't always be easy, but we're all in this together. We're all pulling for you, as we know you are for us. I always feel better when I shift the focus ("woe is me!") away from myself and onto others. Cheering someone else can also cheer you up too.

But remember, you are not alone. Hang in there!
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    How's everyone doing this Saturday?
  • linzisparkles
    linzisparkles Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    SW:180
    Personal Goal: to lose 4 pounds over the next 30 days and to limit my alcohol intake to 5 drinks per week!
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    Tomorrow is weigh in day everyone,let's make today count!!! Also a new start to the week,so if you didn't do good this week,start fresh,see what you can change about what you have done bad! Yall have a great Sunday,and I will check ok yall tomorrow!!
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    Good morning ladies,today is weigh in day,let's see how everyone did.
    SW:190
    CW:186
    Total loss for week:4 lbs
  • destinee1103
    destinee1103 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I actually stayed the same I stayed with in my calorie count but it was not to healthy, starting fresh today put some greens in my meals and lets see what happens next Monday.

SW 217.5
    CW 217

Good luck this week to everyone we got this :)
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Monday 10/22/12 1st weigh in post:

Starting weight 192.6

Today's weight 190.0

Loss of : 2.6 lbs

weekly goal: more intense exercise (stairs at work, stair climber at the gym, and only dessert two times this week) pray for me on the dessert thing!!!
    Going to start cutting back on meats so today is my first official Meat less Monday. i hope to do this every Monday and then eventually incorporate an additional day. so two days of the week will be without meat.

Good job everybody even if you didnt lose and good luck keeping focused this week going forward!
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    Good morning, I actually stayed the same I stayed with in my calorie count but it was not to healthy, starting fresh today put some greens in my meals and lets see what happens next Monday.

SW 217.5
    CW 217

Good luck this week to everyone we got this :)
    Great job on maintaining your weight!!
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    Monday 10/22/12 1st weigh in post:

Starting weight 192.6

Today's weight 190.0

Loss of : 2.6 lbs

weekly goal: more intense exercise (stairs at work, stair climber at the gym, and only dessert two times this week) pray for me on the dessert thing!!!
    Going to start cutting back on meats so today is my first official Meat less Monday. i hope to do this every Monday and then eventually incorporate an additional day. so two days of the week will be without meat.

Good job everybody even if you didnt lose and good luck keeping focused this week going forward!
    Great work!! I know what you mean with the whole eating sweets,I have a bad sweet tooth,so it's hard for me to say no,but I've done well,I try not to eat so heavy at night,so I'll be watching out for that this week..overall you are doing a fantastic job,keep it up!!
  • BrandiRaeBrown
    BrandiRaeBrown Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    SW: 214
    CW: 213

Does being really sore effect your weight? I heard it makes you retain some water to help restore the muscle.
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    SW: 214
    CW: 213

Does being really sore effect your weight? I heard it makes you retain some water to help restore the muscle.
    Good job on the weighloss,I have to heard that you gain weight when you're sore,but not too positive,give it a few days and hop on the scale again to see the change!!
  • allnaday
    allnaday Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wish i had good news to report.................
    weight on 10-15 was 181.3
    weight today is 181.6 :noway:
    i had hit my lowest during the week last week at 180 but the weekend got me.....

back on track today........to lose that 1.5 AGAIN. i'm wasting alot of time losing the same weight over and over again.
  • abeach1
    abeach1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    New to the group but happy to be here. I lost about 33 pounds before I found MFP but I have a LONG way to go. I am almost 2 years post divorce, relocated to TX in February, new job, and time for my new life.

SW: 232.5 (pre MFP...does that count?)
    CW: 198.6 (first weigh-in for this group)

Good luck everyone!
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    Wish i had good news to report.................
    weight on 10-15 was 181.3
    weight today is 181.6 :noway:
    i had hit my lowest during the week last week at 180 but the weekend got me.....

back on track today........to lose that 1.5 AGAIN. i'm wasting alot of time losing the same weight over and over again.
    Don't get down about,just learn from those mistakes and move forward,I know it can be frustrating,but don't look back,just see it as a new beginning and keep going!!!
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    SW 236.2
    CW 231.8

Wow! 4.4 lbs? I had to weigh myself three times before I believed it... I know the next 100 lbs isn't going to fall off like this, but what a motivating start!

That was my warmup week... this week I start going to the gym 5 days a week and incorporate some circuit training. (Honestly I'm a little nervous about the circuit training class, but I'm going for it anyway...)

I'm going to keep trying out the yummy recipes I've gotten off the forums here, try to incorporate more veggies and limit myself to one drink every night this coming week... hopefully that will help keep the lbs coming off!

Everyone looks like they're doing great, whether y'all lost a chunk or not you're sticking with it. Keep up the awesome work! =D