Over halfway there w/ PICS

Options

Replies

• LFlower1981
    LFlower1981 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job. Please share your secrets!
  • fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    you look FANTASTIC! Keep up the GREAT work!!! :D:drinker: (<-- theres water in that cup i swear)
  • babsie11
    babsie11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is amazing.. you are doing it! Congrats
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    Options
    Wow...that is a HUGE and truely remarkable accomplishment (and in such a short period of time). CONGRATULATIONS. You look great (and I ♥ your dress).
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    u loook GREAT!!! good job!! ur almost there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bedot
    bedot Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You look great an about 10 years younger!
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    100 Pounds is a huge accomplishment! You must be so very proud of yourself. You look GREAT!
  • owski17
    owski17 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    way to goo keep it up!!! you look great
  • kizzaii
    kizzaii Posts: 52
    Options
    Omg you look like a different person! So amazing, well done x
  • bima80
    bima80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Way to Go... Great job .. u look great..:smile:
  • suznjane
    suznjane Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You were afraid that there was not really that much difference?????? You look fantastic, and better than anything, happy and so healthy! Good for you.

^exactly my thoughts! you've done great!!

I just began and need to lose at least 100 lbs, I am just wondering how is your skin? I have been losing kind of fast, which feels great, but I'm also worried about it, you lost pretty fast too, although I think it starts that way when you start off as heavy as I am. I just always think what will my skin look like. although I guess I'd rather have droopy skin than fat filled skin....

So far, my skin is not too bad. There is a little looseness, but its not horrible. I have noticed since I started eating a plant based diet in March, my skin is a lot better in general, so I don't know if that has helped or not. My skin is a lot less dry than it used to be, and clearer, so I am hoping that maybe the fact that it is hydrated and happy will help a little. I think that the next part of the loss is going to be where the loose skin really starts to show up though, so we shall see.

I did it by switching to a plant based diet (vegan basically). I developed acid reflux, and went to the doctor because I was having chest pains. He talked to me about causes, and that I could make some dietary changes to eliminate it, or that I could take Nexium. He gave me two weeks worth of nexium samples, and I took those to get it under control But I could not wrap my head around having to take medicine to allow myself to keep being able to eat junk. So I decided to make changes. For the first couple of weeks, I just quit drinking soda, eating fried stuff, and generally started to eat better. But around that time, I saw a couple of food documetaries, including Forks Over Knives that promoted a plant based diet. I had been vegetarian years ago, and did welll, so this seemed doable to me. I love my food, I eat a ton, and I have a TON of energy. I know it is not for everyone, but it is working for me. I no longer have cravings for the bad stuff. In fact, if I decide to take a bite of junk that someone else has, it never tastes good anymore.

My acid reflux is gone, the IBD that I struggled with forever is gone, I don't snore anymore, and my lab work looks great!

Thanks for answering! I was afraid I was being too crude in your moment of celebration! not snoring! wow, my husband will look forward to that if I get there!! :) I too was having very bad acid reflux, and I find when I am conscious of my food choices I don't get it anymore. For me that was eliminating d.pepsi, coffee, fast food. chocolate used to trigger me too, and I can't eliminate that totally, but I have really cut down. I can't wait to get to where you are! thanks for posting!
  • starcurl
    Options
    You look gorgeous! What an amazing accomplishment- you should be so proud of yourself! By the way, I love your hair!!
  • cbejm
    cbejm Posts: 1
    Options
    How wonderful for you. You look fabulous and should be so proud of yourself.:smile:
  • ariesmom07
    ariesmom07 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look amazing your pics are very inspiring I have over 100 lbs to lose right now so I have to keep looking at all the success stories to keep motivated! Good job and congrats on your weight loss!
  • brendajester03
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • catielynchapp
    catielynchapp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WOW...you look amazing.
  • 1mscl
    1mscl Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • karebear32505
    karebear32505 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    WOW YOU LOOK AWESOME! KEEP IT UP!
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    Very inspiring! Congratulations! :flowerforyou: I started my weight loss journey at a similiar weight, 320 lbs, on July 29 - and have lost 52 lbs so far. This time something just clicked for me, too. I guess it finally sunk in that it really has to be a complete lifestyle change...no diet is going to get me there. I am less than 3 months into my journey, but with the changes I have made it has been alot easier than any previous attempts, and I really believe that I am going to succeed this time, too! Congratulations again on your success!! :drinker:
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    you should be very proud of how far you've come!! and that's a CRAZY amount of weight to lose in only 7 months- wow!!! you are simply beaming...Bravo :drinker: PS LOVE your dress...where's it from?

I got it from a place in our VERY small mall called Factory Connection. My daughter decided to get married, and gave us exaclty three weeks notice. So I got incredibly busy trying to plan a very small but nice wedding, and realized at the last minute that I had nothing to wear. Her colors were black and white, and so this is what we picked. It was nice to go into the store and be able to have choices. When I wore the largest size in the stores, my choices were very limited!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!