Replies

• _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Don't wear any so, no.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    no, but I usually end up with eye liner and mascara running down my face and into my eyes and ending up with black stuff down my cheeks . . . sexercise.

what are you doning saturday night
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I exercise whenever I can fit it into my day. So some days, this means that I'm not wearing a spot of makeup because it's o'dark-thirty and I just rolled out of bed. Some days, I'm wearing warpaint because I just got to it after an 8-5 day. (If I work out at the end of the day at school, I head to the bathroom and at least use a wet cloth to wipe off my concealer.) If I work out at the end of the day using the gym at my apartment complex, I will take an extra five minutes to wash my face (and wash off my makeup).

However, I've never put on makeup for the specific purpose of going the gym. It seems counter-intuitive...
  • blasian603
    blasian603 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I typically workout after work so I have a little bit of eye makeup on (no foundation). I may go to the gym looking cute, but I am DEFINITELY not coming outta there looking cute!! I usually have sweated and wiped off all of my makeup!! My towel doesn't have foundation on it but it doesn have eye shadow and eye liner on it!

When I workout in the morning, I don't put makeup on. Just because, like I said, I sweat and wipe it all off by the time I'm done working out! :)
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Take a few seconds and wash your face people!! coming from work is not an excuse, you can bring wipes, or use the gyms bathroom, soap and water. I can just picture the nasty sweaty foundation just caking and clogging pores. Eww.

Seriously? I don't wear that much makeup. I wear a very light powder foundation that I put on at the beginning of the day and don't remove until my post-workout shower. Even if I sweat, there's no caking involved. Maybe you should invest in better foundation.

If I noticed breakouts, I would probably put more effort into removing my makeup before working out. But I don't have that problem, so I don't waste my time/money.

Well then do tell, where do you get this magical non-pore clogging unicorn fart make up. Because it's is IMPOSSIBLE to wear something on your skin and it not go into your pores while exercising and sweating. it takes no effort to wash your face, that's pure laziness, seriously takes less than a minute.
  • aubreydarko
    Options
    No, honestly I feel its gross! the thought of foundation and mascara slipping and sliding all over your face due to you sweating your *kitten* off on the treadmill or elliptical isn't appeasing to me ah ha ha
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Take a few seconds and wash your face people!! coming from work is not an excuse, you can bring wipes, or use the gyms bathroom, soap and water. I can just picture the nasty sweaty foundation just caking and clogging pores. Eww.

Seriously? I don't wear that much makeup. I wear a very light powder foundation that I put on at the beginning of the day and don't remove until my post-workout shower. Even if I sweat, there's no caking involved. Maybe you should invest in better foundation.

If I noticed breakouts, I would probably put more effort into removing my makeup before working out. But I don't have that problem, so I don't waste my time/money.

Well then do tell, where do you get this magical non-pore clogging unicorn fart make up. Because it's is IMPOSSIBLE to wear something on your skin and it not go into your pores while exercising and sweating. it takes no effort to wash your face, that's pure laziness, seriously takes less than a minute.
    Why do you care? It's her skin.You want to wash your face go for it.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i workout first thing in the morning, so no make up for this girl at the gym. the odd time when i go in the evening and already have my war paint on for the day, i HATE the feel of it. i can just feel my sweating open pores soaking up all that gunk. not good. lol
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I never work out in make up
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I usually don't but did by accident today.... Oops!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    It just depends on when I go. Lunch hour, before work, after shopping, etc. I never think about it.
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Those facial cleansing cloths that lather when you add water to them are wonderful to keep in your gym bag just for this purpose. I happen to like Olay, but there are others.

*I don't like the ones that are already wet--they don't work anywhere near as well and also overdry your skin*

Great tip, thanks. I didn't know about the dry foaming-with-water variety.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Why do you care? It's her skin.You want to wash your face go for it.

I DON'T care, I stated my opinion on the topic and she got all defensive and replied. Why do YOU care?
  • ednawhistle
    ednawhistle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    heck NO! i dont know why females would want their eyes burning from sweat in there and cant wipe it off cause the eyeliner will run everywhere, I agree with a previous poster, its not a beauty pageant and or the club. I wear chapstick if i need it or a tinted lip balm and thats it, I dont want to have to worry about any makeup going anywhere, I dont think that the "quality" of makeup has anything to do with it I use Dinair airbrush makeup and Bare Minerals, these two are by no means Cheap makeup and they still feel ugly on my skin if i sweat. I cant imagine working out with makeup on. Its just ridiculous to me
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I work out in the evening so I usually go in with full war paint on my face. It would be pretty tough on my skin to wash both before and after so I wait until after only. I sweat- a lot- and I blot rather than rub. And you know what else - I'll go to the grocery store straight from a workout with my soaking wet hair and make-up streaked face.
  • camicat1975
    camicat1975 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't even go out to check the mail without makeup on. If the barn needs painting, paint it! :)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

I wear Nutregena cover up, give it a try. I'm sorry you get zits if you workout without washing your face beforehand. But I must repeat, I do not. I do not lie to random strangers on the internet about it either. There is no reason for me to wash my makeup off before I workout. I usually even have the time to, but the thought doesn't even cross my mind.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup to the gym I go first thing in the morning. When I used to go during the day or evening, I would already have makeup on my face from the day and I didn't really see any reason to wash it off. just an extra step. I wash it after.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options

How is it your business what someone else wears on their face, again? Oh... it's not. Get over it. Stop calling people lazy for not taking an extra step that is not necessary for them.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    It actually does take more than a minute to remove makeup.

It is better to workout in make up than to not work out at all. My Zumba class starts at 4:30, and I get off work at 4:30... so that means I clock out at 4:25 and run to change and get down the hall for Zumba. The sooner I clock out from work, the less money I make and the less work I get done. That's not lazy. That's just the way it works.

We can't be perfect, and yes, I have a ton of zits. I'd rather have zits than metabolic issues from skipping workouts because I felt like I had to be perfect before showing up.