Compliments Anyone????

Options
Since losing a few pounds or more......what has been the best, funniest or sweetest compliment you have received?

Go ahead and pat yourself on the back darn it....you deserve it!!!

Replies

• CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I couldn't help but laugh when someone said "You've lost so much weight I can see it from the side now!"
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    There is an older Cowboy guy at the gym that refers to me as "The Rockstar". I kinda like that :)

And a lady at church saw me after not seeing me for a while and she said, "Oh my goodness, you're half of yourself!"
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I think the sweetest is when someone says you're an inspiration. I never thought I would be an inspiration to anyone. I am glad I could help others continue to go to the gym and watch what they are eating.
  • jday53405
    Options
    I had a friend that I didn't see in awhile ask if they cut me in half, that was pretty cool.
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I constantly get asked how are you losing so much weight? When I tell them eating right and exercising regularly, they give me a weird look, like they don't believe that could be working, haha, I guess its our secret, eh?
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of jealous co-workers so I don't really get compliments, just looks.

My family's reponse after not seeing me for a while was "You looked great before, but I know how hard you worked for your weight. So you look good." Not sure how to take that. They are all significantly overweight and sit around and do nothing (not even work) all day.

My daughter said I looked pretty in my new clothes though. :) That makes me feel good.
  • kwithcmt
    Options
    My Brother is away at college, and he never usually notices things, but he came home one week, looked at me, and said, "Kristen, you're gorgeous! You've lost weight!"

C8
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Someone called me "skinny" I had to turn around to see who they were talking to.....and it was ME.....I will be skinny when i hit goal!!!! Wait to people see me then!!
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My son came in our room the other morning. My leg was hanging out over the side of the bed. He patted my leg and said "mama, I like you legs." He's 2.5.
  • Crunchytxmama
    Options
    Oh, I thought of a funny one. We went from Texas to Georgia to visit family for Christmas. My cousin's husband is a quiet, country kind of guy, and my cousin said that when I got out of earshot he said, "They went and left half of Shirelle in Texas." :laugh:
  • tansyf
    tansyf Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This was actually before weight loss, but was still very very flattered and actually had to Google it, had absolutely no idea what it meant!!! I was called a MILF.........:-) xxxx
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I've been getting a lot of "You're wasting away" or "You're disappearing" comments the last couple of weeks. These comments are funny to me because at 214 pounds, I do believe I still have a rather significant presence. :laugh:
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I got called 'Skinny Minnie' the other day by a coworker. I stil have a long way to go, but it sure beats the 'Are you pregnant?' comment I got at Christmastime!!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I second, that being an inspiration to someone warms my heart :) Also, one of my MFP friends commented on my breaking 100 today, & said I was the Goddess! Thank was pretty awesome!

And I'm not sure if getting called a "skinny B" is a compliment...but a lot of my acquaintances have been shouting that out! I don't think I'll ever categorize myself as skinny, it's so weird to me!
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    My son came in our room the other morning. My leg was hanging out over the side of the bed. He patted my leg and said "mama, I like you legs." He's 2.5.

i LOVE that!!!

the best comment i've received is from my smart-*kitten* husband that said "you look good...i love my women skinny".........MEN!!!!!!
  • nevillejohnb
    Options
    My funny one was at work....when i walked in the office this lady said ummmmm....you looking all distracting....lawd!!!!

LMAO...that was the best.

Great stories from all....congrats on the weight lost!!!
  • kilburni
    Options
    Now that I'm out of school I don't get to see as much of my friends so when we threw a party for everyone last weekend I had one (slightly intoxicated) friend tackle me into a couch tickling me and repeating "you're so skinnyyyyyy." That one felt good! haha
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I was in the lunchroom at work heating up my lunch and a co-worker of mine shout out "EAT SOME BACON Woman!!!!" I couldn't help but laugh cuz I thought it was so funny.

I've also had a few people say that I am an inspiration to them and like some of you I've been called a Skinny Minnie.
  • Crunchytxmama
    Options
    I was in the lunchroom at work heating up my lunch and a co-worker of mine shout out "EAT SOME BACON Woman!!!!" I couldn't help but laugh cuz I thought it was so funny.

I've also had a few people say that I am an inspiration to them and like some of you I've been called a Skinny Minnie.
    That's funny! :laugh:
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I made my doctor cry. She was pretty proud.