Joined a while ago, didn't do well.. giving it another go.

Options
Hi there. I joined MFP a while ago, but didn't end up sticking with it. Now I am getting to the point where I am sick of gaining weight and want to give it another go. I want to lose approx 20-30lbs. Feel free to add me and we can do it together!!
<3 Erica

Replies

• KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Way to go Erica! Let help support each other. Anyone feel free to add!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! Here are some words of wisdom

1 Make sure that you stay focus on your goals no matter how small they may be.
    2 Surround yourself with other MFPers who are goal oriented and dedicated.
    3 Stay dedicated no matter what.
    4 You will not lose a bazzilion pounds right away. Everything takes time so be patient.
    5 DO NOT get caught up in the MFP Drama. It is very easy to get caught up with the High school....correction..with the Junior HighSchool Drama.
    6 Make sure you take the right amount of Calories. Do not fall for this 1200 calorie a day crap. If you ware going to work hard for the body that you want then you must feed it to sustain it.
    7 Stay within your calorie range every day. If you take in 1800 calories a day....make sure you take in 1800 calories even if its a workout day or not
    8 Drink plenty of water....More than the recommended 8 glasses
    9 Take some multivitamins and some fish oils. They will help.
    10 Get a dry erase calendar board and have your work outs planned out for the month. NEVER go to the gym with out a plan of action. Go to Body Building.com for workout ideas

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, hope you stick around this time :)

It's been an amazing support system for me and I hope it will be for you.
  • owski17
    owski17 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
    I was in the same boat, but once you get the hang of calorie counting on here it comes easy and I acually found myself obbsessed with it haha. Hope you can stick with it this time, goood luck!!
  • er03bald
    er03bald Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That all sounds like great advice. Thanks everyone! :heart: :heart: :heart: