Dance workouts

Options
So, I'm looking to try some dance workouts besides zumba!! Does any one have any suggestions? I really need to focus on my core and switch up my routine a bit, so if anyone does dance workouts and want to share I would appreciate it!

Replies

• nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:

I usually just crank up the Supremes and get my groove on, but I'm thinkin' I need a rejuvenation of my dance workouts as well. I mean, I could listen forever to Diana Ross, but not dance forever. :wink:
  • zekni
    zekni Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Go take a bellydance class! Awesome workout, especially for the arms and core.
  • lalla_217
    Options
    If you have a wii I have a dance work out that is good.
  • EllyG08
    EllyG08 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Try Jazzercise. Great workout, fun routines to current music.
  • mac4069
    mac4069 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Belly dancing will definitley give you a good workout, or maybe take hiphop or swing classes.
    Salsa classes are really good too, and they are wy different from Zumba
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Take. Pole. I have sooo much fun with it!!

Seriously, pole is mostly core (and upper body) work. A good pole will cost you about $300, but it's worth every penny. I've put on about 10 pounds of muscle and lost 3% body fat from doing pole work.

Classes are anywhere from $20-$40 each, and usually 1.5 - 2 hours long.
  • GraceEsther
    GraceEsther Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've never really thought about pole dancing. I guess I've just semiconssciously thought about that as inapropriate..... But I can see how it would be amazing for your core! Thanks for the suggestion!! Salsa, dancing looks so fun!!! I live in a tiny tiny town, so other than country western swing dancing, classes are not available to me.. But thank you all for your suggestions, and I might have to buy a few DVDS and try all these varieties!!
  • nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Oh...wait. I just thought of the most awesome dancing we did in CO at a YMCA camp my brother worked at this summer.

Two words. Cupid Shuffle. :heart: :heart: :heart:

OMGOODNESS! :love: Now I have to go do it. Right now.

P.S. I've ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wanted to try hip hop. Never had a dance studio or gym near me though. :sad:
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Oh...wait. I just thought of the most awesome dancing we did in CO at a YMCA camp my brother worked at this summer.

Two words. Cupid Shuffle. :heart: :heart: :heart:

OMGOODNESS! :love: Now I have to go do it. Right now.

P.S. I've ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wanted to try hip hop. Never had a dance studio or gym near me though. :sad:
    LOL that sounds so cute :-) Love it.
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If you have a xbox, wii, or PS3 you can use "Get up and Dance", "Just Dance 3 (or4)", "Everybody Dance", these are all hip hop style with one or two country or rock in it. I like them because it is a game as to whether or not you can keep up and trying to always get a better score. Multiple people can play at once or just you. Get up and dance has a section for learning the steps. It is all done with Music Videos in the background and dancers in front of it. There is also a Micheal Jackson one. On the DVD there is one I use which is Country Music Line Dancing. I use them all and am very happy with them. I am 56 and let me tell you, I mortify my teenage grandson when he see's his granny gyrating and shakin my booty hip hop style..LOL (but these games are all about 30 and under music)
  • Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Try Rockin' Body...