So lazy but...

Options
OK, I know this is way lazy and bad but sometimes I find I just can't be bothered to log every single day. I know everyone says you should but sometimes it is just a real chore. Is that really bad?? I don't got a smart phone so i can't really do it as i go and it is sometimes a pain to write it all up at the end of the day.. plus i eat loads so lots to write, haha. Any ideas?xxxx

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    When you decide you want it bad enough, you'll make the effort to do it.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    When you decide you want it bad enough, you'll make the effort to do it.

I agree completely
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    laziness is what got you to the point you are at now, no? So why wouldn't you want to fight it? Fight for what you want to be. Nobody can do it for you.
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When you want to lose weight badly enough, and want to be successful, it's not a chore. If you're too lazy to log your food, this probably isn't the best site for you. I'm assuming since you're too lazy to log, you're probably too lazy to exercise. Weight loss and health will come when you decide being lazy isn't reaping any benefits, and that if you want to see change you're going to have to put forth this thing called work. I don't think many of us "like" having to plug in every little thing that goes in our mouths....

Sorry for being blunt. But quite frankly, if you're not willing to put forth a little effort, you're never going to see results.
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    When you want to lose weight badly enough, and want to be successful, it's not a chore. If you're too lazy to log your food, this probably isn't the best site for you. I'm assuming since you're too lazy to log, you're probably too lazy to exercise. Weight loss and health will come when you decide being lazy isn't reaping any benefits, and that if you want to see change you're going to have to put forth this thing called work. I don't think many of us "like" having to plug in every little thing that goes in our mouths....

Sorry for being blunt. But quite frankly, if you're not willing to put forth a little effort, you're never going to see results.

that is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very presumptious of you. I visit the gym weekly for curcuit training, and the swimming pool also weekly and do walking and dancing to work out. I am VERY good about my exercise.

This DEFINITELY is the site for me, because it helps me get advice, so i don't understand why no one seems to be giving me any about this.

I am here to lose weight, not to show off about how great my diet was each day.

I can't beleive you said that. I excerise very good, better than most people i bet.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I sat there spinning my wheels hating that I was overweight for a few years. Finally, I got sick of being fat and actually did something about it. As others have stated, when you are ready to lose the weight, you will do it. If you are too lazy to bother to try, then you aren't mentally ready for it yet.
  • joselo2
    Options
    I think you all be misread my message. I didn't say I can't be bothered to lose weight (that I now have lost nealry 2 and half stone proves it!!!) I said I can't be bothered to LOG. Dieting is more important that telling people about it, i just wanted some advice about habits of logging.xxx
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

that is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very presumptious of you. I visit the gym weekly for curcuit training, and the swimming pool also weekly and do walking and dancing to work out. I am VERY good about my exercise.

This DEFINITELY is the site for me, because it helps me get advice, so i don't understand why no one seems to be giving me any about this.

I can't beleive you said that. I excerise very good, better than most people i bet.

I think the poster was making is that if you are too lazy to post everyday, then it is "likely" you might also use that excuse for exercise as well. The point here is, if you aren't posting, and you are exercising, and you are losing weight, then obviously THAT is working for you, so congrats! If you aren't posting, and you are exercising BUT you AREN'T losing weight, then posting is probably something you should start doing so as to track your caloric intake more closely. I'm not sure, as I think the other posters aren't sure, if you are making a mater of fact statement or a complaint about results by this topic.
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options

It's not about showing off your diet, it's about knowing what you're putting into your body, and having control over your food intake. Nonetheless this thread is not going to end well, because most people on this site are "very very very very very very" dedicated to their new lifestyle and take the logging portion seriously. They really don't appreciate people who openly announce that they're lazy. Because most people on here work their butts off to achieve their goals. Just sayin', you're asking for some backlash....
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I think you all be misread my message. I didn't say I can't be bothered to lose weight (that I now have lost nealry 2 and half stone proves it!!!) I said I can't be bothered to LOG. Dieting is more important that telling people about it, i just wanted some advice about habits of logging.xxx

If you are are losing doing what you are doing, why do you need advice? The advice is obvious, most people do better when they accurately track their caloric intake, through logging, than those that don't. however, if you are the "outlier", than so be it, and continue doing what works for you.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    honestly when i feel too lazy to log, i just eat the exact same thing i ate the day before. that way i only have to click a button rather than search the database.

this is why i end up eating so many eggs, salads avocados, berries and chicken thighs
  • joselo2
    Options

It's not about showing off your diet, it's about knowing what you're putting into your body, and having control over your food intake. Nonetheless this thread is not going to end well, because most people on this site are "very very very very very very" dedicated to their new lifestyle and take the logging portion seriously. They really don't appreciate people who openly announce that they're lazy. Because most people on here work their butts off to achieve their goals. Just sayin', you're asking for some backlash....

Thank you ubermensch for addressing my actual question. I was just wanting to see if anyone else was like me and didn't log every day. I would say the main thing people here are sometimes is very very very very very very very very very very very very very judgmental and smug, rather thanmotivated. I work (at least!) as hard as anyone else and it make me so upset if people suggest I am letting everyone down or some kind of weak link. Whatver,people work hard but so do I!!!!!!!xxxxx
  • jcparadiso10
    Options
    I just started this program. How did you figure out how many calories to start with? I am 5ft 7in and not real active. What would be the right amount. Anyone know?
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    I don't log s*** and I look great. I eat well and workout regularly. Do what works for you! If your reaching your goals, thats all that matters. If you aren't, then you should probably log everything, everyday.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    okay, to answer the question, make use of the my meals and recipe section to log food you eat regularly.

As for everything else in this thread I have to agree with the others. i have been on your friend list for a while now and quite often see "lazy" type posts from you.

Now you have to do what works for you and if doing what you are doing is working then that is great, keep doing it. The problem comes when what you are doing stops working and at that point you won't have a food diary to look at to find out why things are no longer working.

Use the tools available to you how you want to use them.
  • joselo2
    Options
    honestly when i feel too lazy to log, i just eat the exact same thing i ate the day before. that way i only have to click a button rather than search the database.

this is why i end up eating so many eggs, salads avocados, berries and chicken thighs
    I get that too. Sometimes I hardly see the point in logging if it is exactly the same as the previous day or so very similar! I think the longer I go on, the more instinct i get for what i eat and I kind of know whether i am in my limits or not. Being able to manage my diet like that is what i ultimately aim for, as i don't plan to log forever and ever in my wholelife! Plus i wan to get to a point when i am not so foixated on food (whether that is eating it or dieting!!) and logging kind of makes you fixate on it as you need to think bout it all the time. I see the point of logging but it isn't the be all and end all, it is a tool to use as suits you and it should be stopped to using when it served it perpose that what i thnk really.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    okay, to answer the question, make use of the my meals and recipe section to log food you eat regularly.

As for everything else in this thread I have to agree with the others. i have been on your friend list for a while now and quite often see "lazy" type posts from you.

Now you have to do what works for you and if doing what you are doing is working then that is great, keep doing it. The problem comes when what you are doing stops working and at that point you won't have a food diary to look at to find out why things are no longer working.

Use the tools available to you how you want to use them.

Great advice!
  • joselo2
    Options

You must be mistake me for someone else tio when did i ever say something lazy? I cannot think of a single example.
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    One of the ways I eat less is knowing that I have to log it, and sometimes the food isn't worth the effort of logging. If you want to eat less you should make eating less convenient.
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i dont have a smartphone to log my food as i eat it i gotta be at home with laptop, i try log my breakfast befor i go out then i got a small pad paper and a pen to jot down all i have when i'm out , i update the diary when i come home while i cook dinner

its such an important part of my weightloss work shows me where my mistakes are and helps me learn how to eat well balanced meals, my eating habits have improved so very much over the weeks and i'm still learning , the thing you have to remember this isnt just a diet its a change of our way of life.no one here after all there hard work wants to put the weight back on so it has to be a change for life and what better way to teach us change for the better is our food diarys

you really need to make the time to keep it updated not for us to see but for yourself to see