Workout DVD fanatics - please share your routine

Options
Hi all,

I am a busy mom of 3 and working full time and workout DVDs are my only option to keep fit.

I was wondering what DVDs/schedule do all of you workout DVD fanatics use to keep fit. How do you rotate them?

Which DVDs have you have bought and have used over and over? I usually get bored using the same DVD, so I usually rent from library. But I want to start my own collection as well. So just wanted to know what some of your favorite are?

Thanks in advance:flowerforyou:

Replies

• msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Cathe friedrich all the way...before that I used all beachbody Dvd's (turbofire, chalean extreme, p90x) look cathe up on u tube or her website cathe.com you will become a workin out DVD addict!
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reply.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    i've ONLY used home workout DVDs up until now. P90X and other beachbody programs. I'm starting with some Crossfit tomorrow, and rock climbing in the next couple weeks, but for the last few years, it's been P90X, Asylum and the new one, Body Beast
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. Anyone else would like to share?
  • samarlow
    samarlow Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am on my 4th week of Insanity which is an intense cardio workout. Really enjoying the challenge. I have heard good things about Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred. Good luck.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    When I did DVDs I liked the Firm Transfirmer series. That set is probably 7 years old but it's a good one and comes with a workout rotation schedule, many DVDs and an adjustable step.

Edit: I've searched online for the Transfirmer and can't find the whole kit. I got mine at Target years ago.

You may want to check out collagevideo.com. They have long clips of their workout DVDs so you can tell if it's something you'd like. Their DVDs are usually a little more costly than Amazon but they have a great return policy and a great paper catalog they send you if you order from them.
  • Nimiko
    Nimiko Posts: 52
    Options
    I am on my 5th day of 30 Day Shred and I love it! A full workout in 27 minutes! For balance ball really enjoy the Core Secrets DVDs. I also like some random Denise Austin DVDs. You can find all of these on Youtube along with many other great workouts. :)
  • cmacohio1975
    cmacohio1975 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 and the 30 day shred. I also bought her DVD no more trouble zones but haven't done that yet. The 30 day shred and ripped in 30 are aerobic/cardio/strength workouts for 30 mins total including warm up and cool down), they are pretty intense and each disk has multiple levels that you complete anywhere from 7 days to 10 days at a time before moving up to the next level.
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I used Bob Harper's DVD's and just started P90X
  • karabff
    karabff Posts: 98
    Options
    p90x has a dvd called 10 minute trainer-don't let the time fool you it is a tough work out- they suggest you do 2x10-I am on that set now-then I am going to Jullian Michael 30 day shred-then I am doing P90X-then (my final one) will be instanity-I though each tape would take me 3 months but I am moving a bit faster so we shall see-do you have a gym or dance studio were you can bring the family/kids? My girlfriend has 3 an we do a zumba class on Thursday nites at her daughters dance studio an bring the kids-best of luck
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Insanity, P90X, "The Firm" Series, my Pole Dancing instructionals, and any that I have bought at Wal-Mart over the years. I just do whichever ones I feel like doing on a particular day; I also have a treadmill at the house that I use occasionally. Oh, and I have a Pole in my living room too because Pole Fitness is so much fun! I pretty much only work out at home because I am a full-time college student and single mother of 2. :flowerforyou:
  • mica06
    mica06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've done turbo jam and a month and a half of turbo fire.. I am doing 30 day shred now,I'm on day 10 so moving to level two, but it is a really great whole body workout in a short amount of time.
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm on 30 day shred by jillian michalels now, but I'll be done soon. I'm going to start Bob harpers dvds' inside out method. it looks INTENSE and I suspect it's even harder than any jillian michaels dvd which is what i''m excited... AND terrfied for.

edit to add there is a $5 special on his website if you're interested.
  • kallisto208
    Options
    After I finished P90X I was in kind of a rut and one of my friends brought me a stack of all sorts of videos... I found it kind of depends on what you're trying to do... weight lifting, cardio/aerobics, a mix?

I was looking for something more aerobics based at the time to break up my routine, something a little less "work out-ish" and I picked out the "Dance Off the Inches" series - Hip Hop Party and the Latin series.

I'm a horrible dancer with no rhythm whatsoever but these were quick (usually 30-40 minutes) fun, really easy and actually a pretty dang good workout for what they are when doing them every day/every other day alongside some other activities.
  • ritalef
    ritalef Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred faithfully with no noticeable changes.
    Probably won't do it again.
    I've been doing Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds every morning for 30 min. to 1 hour. Great way to
    start the day. I have many and the moves are pretty much the same, but my favourite is 'Walk Slim, 5 really big miles';
    some with stretch band, some with boosts and each mile burns 100 calories. I like this variety.
  • rede2go
    rede2go Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing ChaLean and Insanity. I really like them but the insanity on is exactly that. I hope to see good results. I also really like Jillian Michaels, any of her disks are great! Good luck I hope you find the answers you are looking for.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I use BeachBody's Yoga Booty Ballet and Turbo Jam and Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have done Jillian's 30DS, Ripped in 30, and also enjoy the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism DVDs.

The set I would highly recommend, however, is the Firm Express set. It is 13 DVDs. I have been using them as PART of my weekly workout routine since spring. They helped me hit my goal (and go beyond)...without a doubt! :)