treadmill desk

Options
2»

Replies

• frankohara777
    Options
    I agree! I've recently taken up the treadmill desk challenge, and I've lost about 5-6 pounds so far. It definitely takes some getting used to though, but I've documented my progress here if anyone is interested.

www.treadmilldeskdiary.com
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Were I to use this I would wind up dead due to my balance problems. I can hardly walk on a treadmill even when holding on.
  • Bellemorte24
    Bellemorte24 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have heard nothing but positive things from people who have used it, keep us posted! <3
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    ^^^ make sure you get used to a treadmill before adding a desk. Ive been using a treadmill for over a year and any small distraction makes me lose my balance without anything else there. I think its a fantastic idea, all desk jobs should be allowed one!
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Walking 6 miles 3x a week at work? Have you thought about wearing ankle weights? That will give you a little bit of a workout??
  • chefsx4
    Options
    Another idea to consider.......

How about a Bosu ball that you could stand on to grade papers? It'd be great to work on your balance and would strengthen your core in the process. It's tough just to keep your balance! Perhaps at a counter or a raised desk?
  • smurlene
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I can't d the bike because it's too shaky for writing on papers. Much to consider!
  • smurlene
    Options
    Nichole...thank you!! I'm going to get ankle weights!!