How much of your daily exercise do you log???

Options

Replies

• Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I log my walks and treadmill but only as 1 calorie burned as I use my TDEE and figure they are already added in but I do like to have it recorded just for the record
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I log everything that is "unusual" for me. For example, do the dishes doesn't get logged. The 5 hours I spent cleaning my house yesterday did.

I log playing with my cat because it reminds me to play with him or he goes bonkers.

I am also set at sedentary. I am still losing weight, so clearly this works just fine for me.
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I only log my workouts at the gym. I wear a heartrate monitor so I know how many calories I have burned.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I followed advice and set my activity level at sedentary and now log any exercise over the usual daily strolling about at work. This works for me very well as some days I do no extra and other days I take an exercise class. I can see the effect this has on my daily needs for calories and I am losing weight so it works for me.
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I only log it if it's not part of my normal daily activities AND if I think I burned a significant amount of calories from it.
    same. every now and then i will work a 12-14 hr shift with one 30 min break (sometimes two if i can sweet talk my manager) and i'm on my feet and running around the ENTIRE time. there is no sittonf and not a whole lot of just standing. i'm constantly in motion. and when i get home on those days im sore as crap. so i usually will "water it down" and log it as 2 or 3 hrs of walking at 2or 2.5mph. although, i'm sure its much more than this i prefer to of err on the side caution when it comes to "uncoventional" exercise
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Half
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    None, never have done.

My exercise is incidental and functional, I don't 'work out'.

I'll spend all day on or around a cricket pitch tomorrow, I've no idea how many calories I'll burn, I know it will be fun though.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I only log my workouts (i.e. gym) since I want to track those. All other activities, such as shopping, cooking, regular walks are part of my daily life, I don't see a reason personally to keep track of those.

Yep Yep Yep!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I generally only log gym workouts, and walking from my commute as exercise. I have my activity level set to "sedentary" since I am a student, so I'm always either sitting in class, or sitting at home reading for class. But I don't log cleaning, cooking, or any other day-to-day activities like that.
  • stinabear13
    Options
    oh today when i logged cleaning under my excersize it was because i couldnt find yardwork in the database. it wasnt just raking, bundling and lifting lots of limbs and wood, moving alot of heavy things around, i just finished the back proch now... all the rest is still a huge eyesore, way more needs to be done.
  • Valm0n
    Valm0n Posts: 88
    Options
    I used to log walks and stairs when I started (work on 6th floor, have to climb 4 times a day, takes me approx. 10 minutes).
    Now I only log my P90 workouts. I consider walking and stairs climbing is part of my "lightly active" lifestyle ^^'
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I set my lifestyle to "sedentary" because I have a deskjob and wear a nike fuel band that gives my calories burned at the end of the day. It's for information purposes only as i eat my minimum calories plus sometimes a bit more as my body feels like it needs it now that I am in my life long goal weight, up or down 2-3 pounds.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    A lot of times I see people logging things such cleaning and walking for five mins as exercise in their diary. I personally only add my calories burned at the gym or duiring workouts and I feel this works best for me. I am just curious how everyone else out there does it and feels about it. So please, lets hear em ya'll!! :) (ps. NO RUDENESS WE ARE ALL HERE FOR THE SAME REASON)

I only log real workouts, or a chore that is as hard as a workout like stacking wood, hiking with a pack, or a brisk walk, digging post holes, stacking bricks, etc. I do lot's of other physical activity, including walking around with 32 lbs of gear on for my job, but I don't feel the need to log all of that, and I don't care about the calorie burn for any of it. If I need some extra food for working out hard I just eat some more. I don't need an inaccurate calorie burn counter to tell my what my body already tells me.
  • lundii
    lundii Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I log everything I do in my sportswear.
    That means... I log my workouts like elliptical trainer, gym, or Insanity.
    Nothing else. Even my walks with the dog are part of my daily life. I don't wear my sport clothes, so I don't log them. ;)
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes people go overboard logging every single thing. I want to see people succeed so if people are just using estimates (like I do) instead of a HRM then I advise them to only log the things that they know for sure matches the intensity specified on the exercise they chose to log. Like, for me, even when I think I'm running an 11 minute pace, I usually log it as though I had run a 12 minute pace because I don't know for sure and I don't want to overeat.
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I only log workouts that I intentionally do. I dance too and I rarely even log dance practice and class time, some of it is instruction and it is hard to track.
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I get a good 20-30 minutes of walking in every day just going to and from class and running errands on campus, but I never log it. I only log my deliberate "I'm going to go exercise" exercise. I figure the stuff I do throughout the day is just a little extra. That way I'm not cheating myself by allowing myself more exercise calories that I shouldn't have.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I only log my workouts....The ones I actually take time out of my day to do and sweat. Otherwise you could call my job a workout. I work with children! 5 kids to one of me and they are 1 year to 18 months. Lets just say I don't sit at work not even at nap time unless I get 15 minutes to eat lunch.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I don't log any activity that didn't require me putting on my workout shoes and strap on my HRM.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Only actual exercise unless it's above and beyond the call of normal. :tongue:

Normal housework? No. Pre-inlaws visiting total house cleaning? Yes.

Planting tulip bulbs? No. Landscaping involving lugging around bags of mulch and pruning shrubbery? Yes.

Sweeping a dusting of snow? No. Shoveling 18" of snow? Yes.