i need help

i need help im havin trouble losin my excess baby fat. about 11 months ago i had my baby and gained a total of 110 pounds during my pregnancy. i went from 170 to 280 and now im down to 225. im tyin to loose my weight the healthy way but now it seems that im stuck at a stand still of 225. ive been excercisin everyday for 1 hour doin the taebo advanced and i stay at a 1800 calorie diet cause i still breastfeed. what do i do to loose this weight ive been doin this it seems like forever and now im stuck and i need help. i want so bad to get down to my begining weight so i can feel good about myself again. will someone please give me some advice on to what to do.

Replies

• natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    i need help im havin trouble losin my excess baby fat. about 11 months ago i had my baby and gained a total of 110 pounds during my pregnancy. i went from 170 to 280 and now im down to 225. im tyin to loose my weight the healthy way but now it seems that im stuck at a stand still of 225. ive been excercisin everyday for 1 hour doin the taebo advanced and i stay at a 1800 calorie diet cause i still breastfeed. what do i do to loose this weight ive been doin this it seems like forever and now im stuck and i need help. i want so bad to get down to my begining weight so i can feel good about myself again. will someone please give me some advice on to what to do.
  • Have you tried walking? It isn't as much fun as taebo, but maybe you need to change up your exercises a little bit. You could get out the stroller and I bet the baby would love to walk. My son used to love it, but he is 4 now, so it is hard to walk at a good pace, that is where my treadmill comes in. Good Luck, I am new at this, so I haven't learned all of the secrets to weight loss yet. If you just don't give up and be patient, it will come. I have always given up in the past and am trying to stick with it this time. I hope someone on here can help you, they always seem to give such good advice. :yawn: Good night
  • I just noticed...it is actually 11:10pm where I am, so I am not as much of an early bird as that may have seemed. :yawn:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    I hit a stand still too. Change your exercise routine a bit. Your body gets used to doing the same thing and hit a plateau.
  • I noticed after my first baby that my body held onto every calorie it could until I quit breastfeeding! I breastfed him for 1 year, and had 20 lbs that just hung on. When I quit, it fell off in 3 months without doing anything! I don't think everyone loses alot of weight just b/c they are breastfeeding, like the experts tell you.
    Good for you for sticking with it, and good luck!
  • Some folks find that if you've plateaued, if you have a splurge day that it kind of kicks you body back into gear again.
  • Hi Natasha,
    How frustrating! I agree with the other girls - I think that you should try to mix it up a little. I like to walk too. I do 2.5 miles every day and most days I try to go really hard but if I'm really sore or something I go easy but make sure I do the walk regardless. Lately I've been adding in some calisthetics when I get home - push ups, sit ups or I use my little 5 lb dumbbells. Maybe you should just try to have fun and keep things interesting? Stick with it. You can do it!

:smile:
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    She means go over your calorie limit or eat something maybe not exactly " healthy or low fat". For some reason this works for me, although I have been having a hard time meeting my minimum 1200 calories per day. Not every day, but on quite a few I find I am only eating around 1,000 and earning an extra 400 - 500 calories from exercise - so I should be eating 1600 - 1700). I lose weight for a while, then really slow down or stop due to metabolism slowing down from insufficient calories. But then I have a pizza night and eat twp pieces of pizza, some wine and maybe even chicken wings ( ooh, very evil :devil: ) and within a day or two I will start losing again. I think any change will sometimes kick start your body - change in diet or exercise. You have to keep changing things up!
  • Hi

I know what works for me and I just ordered a hypnosis lose weight motivation tape. I find that changing my thinking subconciously helps me get motivated, and this for me is the fastest way.
    Karen
  • traumarn
    traumarn Posts: 44 Member
    when i breastfeed my boys i ate like a pig and drank a ton of water. i ate approx 2000 to 2300 cals. i worked out also. maybe your not getting enough cals. has your milk supply decreased? i could not drop 10 pounds for the life of me until after i stopped breastfeeding.