What inspires u and keeps u on track?

Options
2»

Replies

• mica06
    mica06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey! Looking for some inspiration here. Just had baby #3 and I'm ready to get my body fit again! Just seems like there isn't enough time in the day to get a solid workout in let alone cook real meals. I'm feeling motivated, but need some direction and inspiration. What changes have you made either in diet, workout, schedules, etc, to be successful on your wl journey? What inspired you!?:happy:

Honestly I was tired of feeling tired and fat and not being to fit into my cute clothes. Being a young mother of two myself I found it hard to exercise and eat healthy but I finally got myself into a pretty good routine. I exercise when my youngest child takes his nap between 11 and 12 and I do the 30 day shred which is only about 20 minutes so not long at all. As far as food wise I eat about every 3 hrs and measure everything I eat and log it. Well good luck and I'm sure you will get into a routine and be successfull. Add me if u want.
  • KerrieJane86
    KerrieJane86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
  • msno1978
    msno1978 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    get addicted to this site i love it. it's turned me into a health nut .
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    not turning into my parents. they are inactive and make poor food choices. one of them eats way too little - and what he does eat is processed foods. one eats way too much - especially chocolate and fast food. i am 30 with two kids, and i don't want to lose the self control i had before i put on the baby weight. now it's gone and i feel great. and hopefully i can be an example to my family that it is possible to make good choices, be informed about the science of food and weight loss, and live well.
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Being a single mom to my 5 year old daughter. She tells me that when she grows up she wants to be strong like me, and then she flexes her little pint-sized muscles. :heart:
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    the unhappiness that I know was a result of my body. It was enough motivation for me.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    It may sound strange, but there's a colleague at work that I DON'T want to turn into. We've both had our knees replaced, but she never did the exercises except for the first few weeks after surgery, and 3 yrs later is gaining weight rather than losing, and it looks like it's very painful for her to walk.

I want my new knees to last a very long time so I'm continuing to exercise (8 months out from surgery) and lose weight. Every time I see her at work it gives me motivation to stick to my plan.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    What inspires me is that I am being held accountable by others. My immediate family (mom, boyfriend, dad, brother, etc) know that I am trying to accomplish something. I don't usually put my goals out there for everyone because there's that fear of not reaching them, but these people are very important to me and I think it's good for them to know what I am working so hard to achieve. I do not want to let anyone down and I don't want to be a failure. Also, trying new clothes on is a motivating factor for me. Lately I have had trouble finding things in stores because they don't carry a smaller size. For someone who hates shopping and has had a constant battle in the past with being overweight and having crying episodes in the dressing room, this is a huge thing for me.
  • MeccaLoves2Sleep
    MeccaLoves2Sleep Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    MidgetGidget---I like your pic. That is so true!!!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    The fact that what I am doing works!
  • suenix24
    suenix24 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What inspired me to stay on track is my progress so far, the before and after posts and my MFP friends. I have my goals and I read them everyday. :)
  • jesloseit23
    jesloseit23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    not turning into my parents. they are inactive and make poor food choices. one of them eats way too little - and what he does eat is processed foods. one eats way too much - especially chocolate and fast food. i am 30 with two kids, and i don't want to lose the self control i had before i put on the baby weight. now it's gone and i feel great. and hopefully i can be an example to my family that it is possible to make good choices, be informed about the science of food and weight loss, and live well.

This is such a powerful reason! I firmly believe that our eating habits and lifestyle (fitness driven or not) are heavily influenced by our upbringings. Oh my, I could write a book about how I feel about it. Not to say as adults we are forced to eat cr@p bc we did as kids, but it is a constant battle ( for me at least) to undo some of the bad snack choices my mom gave us as kids. I am a definite sugar addict and it's really hard to unlearn or change. I grew up eating healthy meals (my mom cooked a lot of good meals), but the junk food that was at our disposal was insane! Any sugar cereal you can think of, Hostess snacks, Pop Tarts, Doritoes, etc! Ugh! I don't eat that junk often, but when it's in sight, I can't resist having a bit. I'm definitely aware and try to overcome the cravings. I agree with you, it's critical to be examples to our kids so that the vicious cycle is stopped.
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Great job, dude!!!
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I completely understand that!!! Sometimes, what drives you is NOT wanting something!!!
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a like button under each post. So many inspiring stories. I like the comment about each week not being perfect. It's so true! Even if there is a slip up on a day, it doesn't mean to blow the rest of the day with poor eating choices. That is VERY hard for me. If I eat something bad ( like pastries, pizza, etc), I often use it as a free pass to blow the rest of the day bc I feel I've failed so why bother. Anyone else do that? :/

Yup.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/767624-lapse-vs-relapse?hl=lapse++vs+relapse#posts-11408320
  • LNRoss
    LNRoss Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started back on MFP also. I pt different backgrounds on my computer that have inspirational quotes on them, and I have it set like a slide show so I see something different every 10 seconds. Holding yourself accountable is a big key. Don't deny yourself ANY food,just have a small portion, watch out for sodium, drink your water and exercise.Set goals for yourself too. Don't go for perfection go for progress!!
  • needsenergy
    Options
    My biggest issue is I pick while i'm cooking for the kids, then have dinner about 9 at night cause my partner hates eating with the kids. Also have 3 kids and I lost the weight between my 1st and 2nd by dancing around the house all day while I was doing all the jobs that needed to be done. (kids thought it was a laugh and would dance about half the day with me) I would also park in the furtherest bay from the shops ect so I had more walking to do. swapped half my daily coffee's for water and always had an apple in my bag for the 2pm cravings. If I had a bottle of water in the car with me it would always be drunk by the time I got to where I had to which made the drink more water thing easier. This seemed to work well and I lost the 25 kilo's I put on with the pregnancy in about 8 mths. I have a new issue as this time I have PTSD, severe depression and agoraphobia and do not leave the house. I have 0 energy left to put on the exercise tape but I do find that on a good day I can still do the dancing bit while cleaning and sorting the kids ect. 2hrs of dancing while cleaning and getting everything done brings out a pretty good sweat.
  • GetFitCarly
    Options
    My tumblr :)

getfitcarly.tumblr.com