neg test, turned positive next morning?wth?

Options
SO, took prego test, was negative. left it on the bathroom counter and went to bed. next morning it was positive. so i grabbed the one that was in the trash i had taken a couple days ago. It too was now positive. Having symptoms, but the accident we had was very well um, cleaned out. It says don't read results after 10 minutes. Can it just turn positive on its own? that doesnt make sense, but jeeze...so now, if im all knocked up im doomed to be fat forever...crap...

Replies

• goldair23
    goldair23 Posts: 160
    Options
    I can't tell if the last part is a joke or not? But maybe you should go to a doctor for a proper test. x
  • findingKylie
    findingKylie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Go to the doc's!! their tests are much better!! I had 3 neg tests then went to the doc and got positive one in five seconds lol
    And i lost weight while pregnant so dont let it freak you out about your weight!!!
    Congrats by they way ;)
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I know someone that happened to. Took her test, negative, next day it was positive. She was pregnant. Go get a blood test or wait a few days and retest.
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes, the tests turn positive after awhile or at least they can, which is why you shouldn't read it after awhile. But if you are really not sure, go to a doctor.
  • chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    OTC pregnancy tests become invalid after a certain amount of time. The test can't tell if you became pregnant overnight. Go to the doc and good luck :)
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Going to the doctor could help, waiting a week and taking the at home test again may help, and you may be able to call the help line of the brand you bought to ask them if that is supposed to happen or look it up online to see if other people had tests that did the same thing.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I've heard they do that. Also saw it happen in a movie or Tv show.
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You could try the $100 bill test. The hormones released into female urine when a female is pregnant will discolour the special ink which is only used in the $100 bill to a slightly purple tinge. If it stays green you should be fine. It's accuracy is pretty high
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy tests turn positive after a certain period of time.That's why they tell you to check it after 15 minutes or whatever.
  • _Alkaline
    _Alkaline Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You could try the $100 bill test. The hormones released into female urine when a female is pregnant will discolour the special ink which is only used in the $100 bill to a slightly purple tinge. If it stays green you should be fine. It's accuracy is pretty high

This. After finding out from consumer reports that dollar store tests were just as good as drug store ones I was appalled at how crappy drugstore tests must be. Luckily I carry stacks of hundreds around for various reasons (fan, paper airplanes, emergency fire kindling) and now sometimes I use it as a pregnancy test. I don't know what other people use hundreds for but for me they replace cheaply produced tests.
  • shortstuff31117
    shortstuff31117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It's called an evap line. It can show up after the time limit. I wouldn't put too much weight into it. If the witch doesn't come calling, you can take another test. Usually pink dye tests are best, such as First Response....
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    OP when you did the 2nd test, did it turn positive after the correct amount of time?

Whatever the case, I would go to the Doctors for one of their tests.

Regarding "cleaning out", unfortunately that is not a safe method to prevent pregnancy as many have found out in the past.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you leave it out it can end up looking positive. It's not valid. I'd retest just to make sure but this has been my experience
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

This. After finding out from consumer reports that dollar store tests were just as good as drug store ones I was appalled at how crappy drugstore tests must be. Luckily I carry stacks of hundreds around for various reasons (fan, paper airplanes, emergency fire kindling) and now sometimes I use it as a pregnancy test. I don't know what other people use hundreds for but for me they replace cheaply produced tests.

PMSL no pun intended :laugh:
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Buy out CVS, take 'em all.
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    Very funny, you are full of poo, im glad you had fun with that lol ;) im always up for a good laugh too.
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    OK, well i figured as much, thanks everyone. ;)
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Can you send me a few $100's so I have them in stock, in case I ever have sex again? I.won't spend them, I promise.
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

I have just laughed my coffee all over the screen reading that!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

...And people wonder why I refuse to handle cash.