Binging

Options
I went shopping yesterday, and for once I didn't run to the sweets.
I spent a lot of time shopping for veggies and fruits (and enjoyed it).
Unfortunately the sweets were right next to produce section, and my husband picked out blueberry loaf cake and potato chips.
When we came home yesterday, after sticking to my diet, I binged out on the blueberry loaf cake (ate 5 or 6 slices) and felt terrible today but started all over and I feel I did awesome.
However, just a few seconds ago I reached for my skinny cow chocolate dreamy cluster (mind you I choose those instead of the chocolate donuts sitting next to them) - and I am proud to say I only ate one out of the six in the package and then reached for my carrot sticks instead.
I even stopped my husband for binge eating tonight - when he reached for the potato chips I suggested he ate carrot sticks instead.
We even went on a walk.
So I feel accomplished today.

I don't know, there is just something with me and binge eating at night time. I need to get over it.

Replies

• GreyEyes21
    GreyEyes21 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Every night I eat strawberries with sweetener and 3 SMALL pieces of chocolate, it helps me from over eating sweets and keeps me satisfied, if you completely take things out that you crave you will end up binging a lot. I suggest allowing yourself something you like in a small amount every few days at least. BUT good job on going for the carrots :D BIG step!
  • PrettyGirlPayton
    PrettyGirlPayton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know this is what's hindering my weight loss. I have gotten better. but still got a long way to go.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    You just need a bit of time to get used to your new eating habits. As long as you get back on the wagon when you fall off, you will be ok. Don't get discouraged, and don't give up over 1 or 2 or 1000 times when you slip up.