Pizza Calories

Options
Relaeh
Relaeh Posts: 102 Member
Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how many calories are in one average slice of sicilian pizza? I give 250-300 cal per slice for regular pizza from a local pizzeria. This is store bought (A&P) product called Via Roma-bought their uncooked sicilian pizza but doesn't give any nutritional info =0(
The database gives one slice 670 cal!! I just can't believe that! HELP!!!!!!

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I would just enter it in as a slice of pan pizza. Very similar...yum I'm jealous! Also adjust depending on the size of the square of sicilian compared to a slice of regular pan pizza.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    I'd certainly buy 670. It's a normal 300 slice plus all that extra dough! I also agree with Courtney and say if you can't find sicilian on the net just use pan.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Chain pizza can run 300 and upwards per slice. By the time you've eaten 1/2 a pizza (4 slices), that's like your entire MFP daily allowance down the drain. Unless you make your own pizza, it's not worth the calories. Def make your own Za. It's tastier, healthier, cheaper, and not very hard to do.
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Regular hand tossed pizza slices even from Pizza Hut are easily 600-800 calories - so it's not a lo-cal item (even a piece!)

But the pizza sounds good - and I am now hungry for something tasty!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    is there a website for the nutritional values?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I'd certainly buy 670. It's a normal 300 slice plus all that extra dough! I also agree with Courtney and say if you can't find sicilian on the net just use pan.

yup, I agree. Double dough and oil and used in the think pizza
  • Relaeh
    Options
    Lol...thanks for all the advice...we eat pizza once a week and it usually fits into my allowance, but we rarely eat sicilian...I only plan on having one slice and a large salad with 0 cal dressing...should be fine. I've just been so good with tracking, I'd like to stay as close to the range as possible....can't wait for dinner!!!
  • Relaeh
    Options
    I tried looking up a web site for via roma...couldn't find jack!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    There are a couple I found on the net - so depending on who makes it and how big the piece is... such as the 2nd one here just says 1 pizza... how big, don't know. :flowerforyou:

Sicilian - Cheese (Pizza Hut)
    Serving Size: 115g; Calories: 290, Total Fat: 13g, Carbs: 31g, Protein: 12g

Sicilian Cheese Pizza (Villa Pizza)
    Serving Size: 1 pizza; Calories: 825, Total Fat: 29g, Carbs: 102g, Protein: 39.7g
  • Relaeh
    Options
    There are a couple I found on the net - so depending on who makes it and how big the piece is... such as the 2nd one here just says 1 pizza... how big, don't know. :flowerforyou:

Sicilian - Cheese (Pizza Hut)
    Serving Size: 115g; Calories: 290, Total Fat: 13g, Carbs: 31g, Protein: 12g

Sicilian Cheese Pizza (Villa Pizza)
    Serving Size: 1 pizza; Calories: 825, Total Fat: 29g, Carbs: 102g, Protein: 39.7g
    WHOA!!! That's a wide range! I'll go with the 290-no more than 400 cal per slice...we have 18in of snow here in NY...I'm going to enjoy this slice for all ;)
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Relaeh,
    Yes, that last posting is a very wide range BUT if you notice the 2nd one listed says :
    1 Pizza (no idea how many slices included in this entire pie) as opposed to the 1st one
    was listing cals for 115 gr, which sounds like 1 slice.
    Just enjoy your dinner it sounds like you've got a good plan.

Edited for spelling
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Lol...thanks for all the advice...we eat pizza once a week and it usually fits into my allowance, but we rarely eat sicilian...I only plan on having one slice and a large salad with 0 cal dressing...should be fine. I've just been so good with tracking, I'd like to stay as close to the range as possible....can't wait for dinner!!!

my trick with 1 slice of thick pie is to use the pizza cutter to make it 5 thin slices..........I make the plate look pretty with huge salad and veggies then put the slices around the edges to look all purdy......:love: