Weird question but...

Options

Replies

• HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I most often cry when I feel empathy - especially in films - leaking and stress relief I guess
    Personal loss - the death of someone close to me makes me sob with heartbreaking sadness

The weird thing is I have empathy too, I hurt for people, I just don't really cry?
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    I'm not a crier either. The only place I cry is my therapist office. Oh.... And blue valentine and Timothy Greene. Those two movies tore me up. Lol
    I get urges too when I'm stressed but just don't do it.

I think you're actually meant to cry or sth in your therapist office so that's good ;)
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    I think that we're all probably wired differently. I cry really easily, even at adverts. I guess that I'm just really over sensitive. Sometimes I wish that I didn't cry so easily as it's not always appropriate but I really cannot control it. However, it does always tend to be at sad, moving or poignant things; I don't tend to cry when happy!

I agree with that, I think we're just all very different! I was just a bit worried because my friends kept saying "it's a bit weird though" so... lol
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I cry when utterly exhausted, or super pissed off, or super stressed out...seriously at the drop of a hat...just burst into tears.... :sad:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I don't often cry over real life things, except when I miscarried and when my cat and my dog died. Never over someone else dying. I just feel dead inside, no emotion....

When watching movies or TV I cry every time an animal dies but not people...I cry over happy emotional things on TV too, like a reunion of a parent and a kidnapped child or something...

I have been known to cry over a breakup when I was younger, and sometimes I cry when I am extremely frustrated/pissed off.

Once I woke up crying hysterically but could not remember the dream...
  • gazelleintraining
    Options
    I think most of that is linked to your empathy? That's not a bad thing or being a "wuss" I think :)

You know, I never thought about it that way. I like that. Thanks!
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    I think most of that is linked to your empathy? That's not a bad thing or being a "wuss" I think :)

You know, I never thought about it that way. I like that. Thanks!

You are very welcome! :)
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    I don't often cry over real life things, except when I miscarried and when my cat and my dog died. Never over someone else dying. I just feel dead inside, no emotion....

When watching movies or TV I cry every time an animal dies but not people...I cry over happy emotional things on TV too, like a reunion of a parent and a kidnapped child or something...

I have been known to cry over a breakup when I was younger, and sometimes I cry when I am extremely frustrated/pissed off.

Once I woke up crying hysterically but could not remember the dream...

Had the same experience with a dream... That was weird.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    The first 10 minutes of 'Up.' Damn you, Pixar! You should have warned us! *shakes fist at sky*
  • roguestates
    Options
    usually in anger or frustration, which is frustrating.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Whenever I hear "In the Arms of an Angel" (Sarah McLaughlin).

A number of movies - "Never Ending Story", or "City of Angels", or "In Cold Blood" - yes, I cry when Perry Smith hangs..

@pudadough - 'Up" makes me tear up every time I watch it. Pixar made a wonderful movie there..

...and my sister RIDICULES me when I cry at funerals. :noway:
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm emotional when I am tired and when I am sick. Otherwise, when someone makes me angry I lose my religion on them, and I'm good after that.
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Eric Clapton's song Tears in Heaven
  • don666car
    don666car Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I CRY WHEN THE PATRIOTS LOSE NOT THE REDSOX THO BECAUSE I WOULD BE CRYING ALL THE TIME LOL
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Sometimes alcohol

Yup. I'm an emotional drunk, too. Add in being tired AND drinking? I'm a mess. lol.
  • HurricaneElaine
    Options
    I'm crying now, listening to the coyotes wailing across the street in the woods. Creepy and weird and strange.If I lived in Arizona or any other south-western states, it might not bother me. Here, it's weird.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm pretty weird because I never cry when I'm sad or upset or hurt but tiredness can make me bawl like a baby if the day is particularly long (no other reason needed).

My friends thought it was all very bizarre because crying is usually associated with sadness and negative emotions for most people (I get it, I mean I'm not stupid, but can't a person cry for other reasons too?)

Am I really that strange or do other people react like that? I really want to know :)

This used to be me, I would roll my eyes at sappy stuff and just get more annoyed than sad.. Then I lost somebody that I loved and after that I think I understood what it meant to hurt, feel sadness, and also cry..

Personally I don't have a hard time crying because I haven't been through hard times. If you knew me, you would know that is FAR from the truth. I've been through a lot, things people should never have to go through in their lifetime. I still have a hard time crying during movies or whatever. I can feel for people, I do feel for people, but I also have a hard time crying. I don't think the relation you are saying is REALLY true, not for everyone anyway.
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    no...cause i cry when im tired...or super hungry as well
  • HurricaneElaine
    Options
    i just don't know that why when I actually DO cry, my eyes hurt like the ****ens!! I was diagnosed with glaucoma back in 2000 - and some years later, told that I'm OK. My eyes still sting like mad when I cry.
  • RDawn7
    RDawn7 Posts: 38
    Options
    Generally I'm not a cryer. If I cry it will be because I'm undergoing a severe amount of stress.