Fat Kid turned Trainer, looking to help!

Options

Replies

• lliizzaayyy
    Options
    Do you know anything about insulin resistance? I was diagnosed a while ago and i've tried to eat all different foods and exercise but i still can't lose any weight, if anything i gain it. I've been told that a low GI diet would be good for me but i have no idea where to start or how many calories i should be consuming!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    i will add you ..i dont have any questions right now but i am pretty sure i would have a few very soon :) thanks!!
  • jlburns2005
    jlburns2005 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    First of all, Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to help us. That is so awesome of you and very sweet. :flowerforyou:
    I do have a little problem I need help with. I'm pretty bummed actually about some things.

I'm a 40 year old single mother of 3 kids. I work full time and of course you probably know when I get home it's another full time job. I MAKE time for walking/jogging because to be honest...It relaxes me and helps me unwind. I actually have walked 11 miles in a day. ((I actually do that once a week it seems!)) But on other days I always walk at LEAST 3 miles. I have to force myself sometimes to NOT walk/jog so I can give my body a little bit of a rest. My problem is however, EVERY single time I reach 229 lbs, my scale wants to stop. I swear it just stops or it goes up like it did today. I'm very upset over it. I actually deleted my account a few months back because I was stuck at 230 lbs for over 3 months. I'm at the same spot again....230. Two days ago I was at 228....now I'm back UP to 230. I want to scream...seriously. I don't want to do this for 2 or 3 months where I can't lose anything.

I eat around 1,450 a day. Actually, I try really hard to eat a little more than that because people keep telling me to EAT. Well ... I'm not hungry! I have to struggle to eat that 1,450 a day! There are times I will just stuff my face even though I don't feel like eating because people keep telling me to eat.... so I eat when I'm not hungry! I hate that....why eat when you aren't hungry? Seriously? I don't get that concept really.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point. I walk/jog 5 times a day, I stay around 1,500 calories....((I don't go over that because I'm just not hungry!)) and I'm getting frustrated. Any advice?

Oh, and I don't drink pop (never really cared for pop) or juice, and I'm not huge into sweets so that isn't a problem either for me.
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    And a pal on here reminded me that it takes 3,500 calories to gain a lb....so I'm not sure what the heck is going on if I ate right on track, never went over on my calories and still have that gain. It is driving me insane to say the least.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    in your opinion, whats the best cardio?? what do you do?? and what do you think about cardio first thing in the morning, on an emprty stomach??
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello, Thanks for the offering I am adding you as well. I am still on the process of figuring out a lot of stuff, so definitely someone that has been there and done it is always helpful. ;-)
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    Thanks so much for offering. I'm also adding you if thats ok. I want to start weight lifting soon, and I'm going to have questions.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news Kent. Good luck in your future and well done on becoming the Fit kid.
  • scrach
    scrach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for this! What's your opinion on fasting? I've heard differing stories - wouldn't mind a professional opinion! Thanks again .
  • curliegirl
    Options
    bump
  • Carmenbraun55
    Carmenbraun55 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • diinva
    diinva Posts: 57
    Options
    bump - thanks!
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being so willing to help us out! I’m 5’4” female and I weight 127 lb. I am pretty happy with my size but I am still very “jiggly” for lack of a better term. From what I can see, this would be considered skinny fat?? I wear a size 4 but I would not be comfortable in a bikini. I’m still trying to lose about 8 more pounds, but how can I become more fit and toned? I don’t have access to a gym and the cardio I do doesn’t help. Is there a workout routine I could do? I have heard good things about P90x but I think that might be too intense for a beginner…
  • embracingmycurves
    embracingmycurves Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • bpyoyo
    bpyoyo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Congrats on your personal transformation and thank you very much for giving back to the MFP community. I'll be adding you on FR.

My question is what do you consider minimum caloric intake. I'm 35 y/o female, 5'4", 154 lbs on 14 different meds, 3 of which cause appetite suppression and one known to cause weight gain. I have struggled with restricting since college. Jan - Sept of this yr I was averaging 600 cal a day, was not at all hungry, no exercise, and was losing 1 - 2 lbs a week. I was hospitalized in Jan and told I had to maintain 1100 cal to avoid toxicity from my meds. MFP has me at 1320 and I struggle to eat that many calories a day and feel overly full/nauseous and frequently have to take zofran to deal with the nausea. When i am doing well, I do 55 min of yoga 3 - 5 days a week. And then MFP "congratulates me" with more calories to eat. My psychiatrist said 1000 cal is perfectly acceptable, but that confuses me having been warned about toxicity and MFP's target for me.

If you need more specifics, PM me and I'll be happy to provide them.
  • CLD79
    CLD79 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dsmcgrail
    Options
    Really cool thing to do to give back. Gonna add you just in case I think of something!
  • laylasmommy67
    laylasmommy67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

WTF are net calories...lol

and do I really need to eat my exercise calories back?

I have been eating 1200ish calories a day, hit the gym for an hour or so 6 days a week, and stopped losing completely...Do I need to eat more, I have a hard time eating the 1200 calories as is (my problem is not eating enough, then binge eating a few times a week..)