What's the best crustless pumpkin pie recipe?

Options
BARBnKS
BARBnKS Posts: 84 Member
Looking for the best tasting low calorie crustless pumpkin pie recipe without using artificial sweetener.

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Bisquick has an impossible pumpkin pie recipe. 215 calories. I make a lot of these impossible pies because they're really easy.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/impossibly-easy-pumpkin-pie/c0eab3d9-06a3-4829-9125-7581f1d96315

ETA: My mom has been making this for Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember.
  • BARBnKS
    BARBnKS Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sounds good but would like a recipe with less calories.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    You could try subbing with fat free evaporated milk and egg substitute. That's all I got! :smile:
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Bisquick has an impossible pumpkin pie recipe. 215 calories. I make a lot of these impossible pies because they're really easy.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/impossibly-easy-pumpkin-pie/c0eab3d9-06a3-4829-9125-7581f1d96315

ETA: My mom has been making this for Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember.

Yum! I've been looking for a crustless recipe -- thanks for sharing :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    There's another crustless pumpkin pie on their site with less calories, but that's probably because it serves 8 instead of 6. That's an easy way to cut the calories, cutting it in smaller pieces.
  • teresa_c
    Options
    hi! you can use the libby's pumpkin pie recipe and just cut the sugar in half and use nonfat/lowfat evap milk and egg white or substitute and no crust and get the calories way down from the original. It will still work, it just won't be as sweet, sweet, sweet.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    besteverbaking.com has a section for libby's that has a (I believe) a Best Ever Crustless Pumpkin Pie. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Edit: my bad, it's verybestbaking.com and it's Crustless Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie. 170 calories for 1/8 a pie:
    http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/141287/crustless-libbys-famous-pumpkin-pie/detail.aspx
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    ETA: Oops, technically it's not crustless but the graham crackers don't make much of a crust since they sort of get soaked into the filling and it's really low cal anyway

Pumpkin Cheesecake – Weight Watchers
    From WW New Complete Cookbook

Makes 6 servings

9 graham crackers (2 ½” squares) made into crumbs
    1 cup low-fat (1%) cottage cheese
    ¾ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
    ¾ cup egg substitute
    ½ cup sugar
    1 tsp ground ginger
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    ½ tsp ground nutmeg
    ½ tsp cinnamon
    1/8 tsp salt
    One 15 oz can pumpkin puree

Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 9” glass pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the bottom of the pie plate.

In a food processor or blender, combine the cottage cheese and ricotta; process until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl; stir all remaining ingredients except pumpkin.
    Reserve ¼ cup of the batter.
    Add the pumpkin to the batter; stir until blended.
    Scrape the batter into the pie plate, and then drizzle the reserved batter in 3 concentric circles over the pumpkin batter. With a knife, lightly draw a line through the batter from the center toward the outer edge; about 2” from that line lightly draw the knife through the batter from the outer edge toward the center. Repeat around the pie, alternating directions to make what looks like a spider web.

Bake 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely on rack. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.

Per serving: 218 calories, 4 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat,
    11 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 33 g total carbohydrate,
    1 g dietary fiber, 12 g protein, 138 mg calcium

Momentum Points per serving: 3 (no idea how many points plus)
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just made one last night that I eat for breakfast -

1 15 oz can pumpkin
    1 container light silken tofu
    1/2 c milk (I used unsweetened almond)
    spices to your taste (I used pumpkin pie spice about 1 tbsp but I like it very flavorful)
    sweetner (stevia/splenda/etc) if you want - to taste
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)

put in food processor/blender until smooth. bake 350 in a glass pie dish for 1 hr until firm. Will firm up overnight in the fridge. I eat 1/2 the pie for breakfast and it's about 240 cal and 30g protein.
  • teresa_c
    Options
    I made the Libby's Pumpkin Pie recipe (that's on the pumpkin puree can) today using the following:

1/2 cup egg white in place of 2 eggs

3/4 cup Splenda granulated (not the blend, there's no sugar in it at all, but it measures cup for cup to sugar)

fat free evaporated milk

and left out the crust

and it is pretty good! I may play around with the spices next time. I followed the baking instructions from the can but took about 5 minutes off the baking time.

For 1/8 of pie the nutrion info worked out to the following (via MFP recipe builder):
    59.2 calories
    12.5 carbs
    2.4 fiber
    7.8 sugars
    4.2 protein
    .2 fat
    197.5 sodium
  • 79smudge
    79smudge Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • mconway79
    mconway79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ingredients:
    1/2 c. pumpkin puree
    1/4 c. egg whites (from an egg or carton)
    Sweetener
    Cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
    Directions:

Mix together all the ingredients. If you prefer a flan-like texture, add more pumpkin; if you prefer a cake-like texture, add more egg whites. Microwave for two minutes. Use a mix of Greek yogurt, hazelnut cream cheese, and pumpkin pie spice for the icing. Top with toasted pecans.
    Makes one serving.

That is the original recipe. I found the texture was off so I added 1 table spoons 1% milk and I also put it in my chopper to puree it. I used 1 tsp of the pumpkin pie spice and I used 1 packed table spoon of brown sugar. You would have to experiment with sweetener to see how much you would need. My kids have nut allergies so I omitted the pecans. I topped with low fat Nutrawhip
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    1. Get a can of pumpkin puree and a spoon.

2. That's it.
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options

1 15 oz can pumpkin
    spices to your taste (I used pumpkin pie spice about 1 tbsp but I like it very flavorful)

put in food processor/blender until smooth. bake 350 in a glass pie dish for 1 hr until firm. Will firm up overnight in the fridge. I eat 1/2 the pie for breakfast and it's about 240 cal and 30g protein.

This sounds awesome..I am going to give this one a try.
  • fayefern
    fayefern Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • tangoterry
    tangoterry Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options

1 15 oz can pumpkin

Any word on how many ounces or grams this container of light silken tofu is?
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    There's a yummy looking one on chocolatecoveredkatie.com