Tall ladies with over 100lbs to lose.....

Options
Hello Ladies,

What is your daily calorie goal and do you do much exercise?

I've changed my cals from 1480 to 1600 and don't really do exercise as such as having to concerntrate on knee strengthing at the moment not calorie burn.

Thanks

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    1700 for me and I'm 6ft tall. I started by walking - a short distance at first, then after a time up to 4 miles. For me, consistency with the calories was most important. I weigh all my food on a food scale. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to terribly overestimate portions!
  • purplenewYork1989
    Options
    im 5 ft 8 and id like to lose just under 100 pounds, i raised my cal goal from 1200 to 1800 on the first day and have lost 10 pounds in just over a week, i did no exercise, just cut my portions down extremely!
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    5'10" with about 90 lbs to lose.
    Lift heavy 3x per week for 60 minutes
    Cardio 5x per week for 20-30 minutes
    Min calorie intake 1850
    Min protein intake 140 grams
    More protein and more food in general on lifting days.
    On average my daily calorie intake is probably about 2200
    I've lost 8 lbs this month so far and feel great.
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies, I find it really helpful to see how my calories and exercise compares with others of a similar build and goal....I'm still trying to get my head around eating more than I think I should and being able to lose weight.
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11'' and am just under 100lbs from my ultimate goal. I was eating 1600 plus exercise calories, but I just recently changed my goal to eating around 1800 daily to keep my calories more consistent. It's only been 2 days so I don't know if it's made a difference yet, but I'm hoping the change will get me out of this rut I've been in for the last few weeks.
  • mabelbabel1
    Options
    bump

Wanted to edit my original post...but can't so will add to this one to say I am 5'10.
  • 50kgtoofat
    50kgtoofat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am just under 6ft and I have my daily calories at 1410 however I eat back my exercise calories, this seems to motivate me to work out. Also I have it set at sedentary as I basically sit on my backside all day! I find that setting it at the MFP assigned for my first month (2lb a week) has worked for me however I can see myself increasing this when something in my life changes.

I am also not fussed if I eat over my calories as it will still be a lot less calories than I used to eat!

I just had a look and I probably average about 1800 per day and boy do I enjoy them!
  • mabelbabel1
    Options
    bump
  • mabelbabel1
    Options
    Anymore tall ladies out there?!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"10 and had 121 lbs to lose when I first started - now at 89 lb to go.

I eat between 2000 - 2100 cals a day.

I walk every day for 40 mins at 3mph. I also do some light strength training in the Body Max classes at my gym. Just about to start 30 Day Shred,

I lose every week without fail. Often 2lb, sometimes 1lb.
  • mabelbabel1
    Options
    bump
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I no longer have over 100 pounds to lose, but I've been there. I am 5'11" and currently 216 pounds. I want to lose 41 more pounds to get to my goal of 175 pounds. I eat around 2100 calories per day. I have the Body Media Fit, so I base my intake off of what I burn on a daily basis.
  • brvzfan13
    brvzfan13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump for later read... interesting I need this information! :-)
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5".... Had 100 pounds to lose when I started a year ago...now just 27 pounds to go!

I exercise at least every other day...usually 5 times a week...but mostly just walking. I try to walk a minimum of 15 miles a week. I biked some over the summer.

I generally eat less than 1500 calories a day, but I have MFP set at 1300...(1.5 lb a week loss) and I average a pound a week. I eat about half my exercise calories back (I am always under my weekly goal by a few hundred or more calories). I do know that my metabolism is lower than most people but it took a solid 6 months of strict weighing, measuring, tracking, bodybugging....and the I knew I just don't use as many calories as other women my size. So setting MFP at 1.5 lb loss...means just one pound for me. Oh well. better than nothing. :)
  • mabelbabel1
    Options
    bump
  • TinaCleg
    Options
    I'm 5'9", but I eat 1200 calories a day. My weekends are probably more. I think calculated I should not eat more than 1500. I want to lose another 20 lbs.
  • PrettyGirlsOnFire
    PrettyGirlsOnFire Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and started with almost 90 lbs to lose. Now I still have 35 to go and have my calorie goal set at 2,000. I started at at 1600 calories/day and was only losing about 2-3lbs a month. I started to notice my biggest losses (1.5-3lbs in a single week!) were on weeks where I had lots of "splurges" and was averaging around 2,000 calories/day.

I started reading New Rules for Lifting for Women and then stumbled across this thread about BMR and TDEE: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

January through July I wasn't exercising regularly, now I'm heavy lifting/circuit training 3 days a week and doing light cardio (walking or dancing) 2-3 times a week.
  • yelldan22
    yelldan22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and have about 150 lbs to lose. My calorie intake is set to 1940 and I will eat some of my work out calories back sometimes. Joining a gym today to start working out again.
  • mabelbabel1
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies again....it's really interesting to hear how you all do things.
  • mabelbabel1
    Options
    bump