exercising in makeup?

Options
1235»

Replies

• T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Take a few seconds and wash your face people!! coming from work is not an excuse, you can bring wipes, or use the gyms bathroom, soap and water. I can just picture the nasty sweaty foundation just caking and clogging pores. Eww.

Seriously? I don't wear that much makeup. I wear a very light powder foundation that I put on at the beginning of the day and don't remove until my post-workout shower. Even if I sweat, there's no caking involved. Maybe you should invest in better foundation.

If I noticed breakouts, I would probably put more effort into removing my makeup before working out. But I don't have that problem, so I don't waste my time/money.

Well then do tell, where do you get this magical non-pore clogging unicorn fart make up. Because it's is IMPOSSIBLE to wear something on your skin and it not go into your pores while exercising and sweating. it takes no effort to wash your face, that's pure laziness, seriously takes less than a minute.

How is it your business what someone else wears on their face, again? Oh... it's not. Get over it. Stop calling people lazy for not taking an extra step that is not necessary for them.

As I stated before, I couldn't give not one *kitten* what you or anyone else does with their skin or bodies. I stated my opinion and obviously people have a problem with the fact that I enjoy clean skin. and for the record it is lazy whether you admit it or not, it's like saying you won't take a shower because your just going to get dirty again tomorrow. Disgusting.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I try to hit the gym in the morning, so I'm not usually wearing any make-up at all. I don't really wear much make-up anyway, but if I did, I would probably wash my face before I sweated all over.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    If it's the weekend, I don't apply makeup before the gym. But during the week when I go after work, I just leave it. But yes, I always end up with foundation o my towel and smudged eye-liner and shadow lol
  • T34418l3angel
    Options
    Well then do tell, where do you get this magical non-pore clogging unicorn fart make up. Because it's is IMPOSSIBLE to wear something on your skin and it not go into your pores while exercising and sweating. it takes no effort to wash your face, that's pure laziness, seriously takes less than a minute.

I wear Nutregena cover up, give it a try. I'm sorry you get zits if you workout without washing your face beforehand. But I must repeat, I do not. I do not lie to random strangers on the internet about it either. There is no reason for me to wash my makeup off before I workout. I usually even have the time to, but the thought doesn't even cross my mind.

And why do you assume I have or get zits?? I never said you did and if you look at my pics I have none and never have been prone to them. Clogged dirty pores is not the same as zits. Seriously don't know why you took my opinion as a personal attack lol but obviously it got to you
  • gnr123
    gnr123 Posts: 173
    Options
    If I am running on street then no if I am at the gym then yes because I am vain haha
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I wear full face when I go in, because its the end of the day. Generally, I end up sweating it all off, because I tend to leave drenched. So much so that only the eyeliner remains. If you're concerned about pore cloggage look for make-up that is non comedogenic. At home, just make sure you wash your face with your regular cleanser and exfoliate to get rid of excess dead skin cells which can contribute to trapping makeup in pores, and then follow up with a moisturizer. If you're concerned about milia (white heads) I would also suggest trying a mild chemical exfoliant like an AHA or BHA gel for extra problem areas. Hope that helps! :)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Take a few seconds and wash your face people!! coming from work is not an excuse, you can bring wipes, or use the gyms bathroom, soap and water. I can just picture the nasty sweaty foundation just caking and clogging pores. Eww.

Seriously? I don't wear that much makeup. I wear a very light powder foundation that I put on at the beginning of the day and don't remove until my post-workout shower. Even if I sweat, there's no caking involved. Maybe you should invest in better foundation.

If I noticed breakouts, I would probably put more effort into removing my makeup before working out. But I don't have that problem, so I don't waste my time/money.

How is it your business what someone else wears on their face, again? Oh... it's not. Get over it. Stop calling people lazy for not taking an extra step that is not necessary for them.

As I stated before, I couldn't give not one *kitten* what you or anyone else does with their skin or bodies. I stated my opinion and obviously people have a problem with the fact that I enjoy clean skin. and for the record it is lazy whether you admit it or not, it's like saying you won't take a shower because your just going to get dirty again tomorrow. Disgusting.

Actually your original post *was* pretty much directed at people and basically said that you actually DO care what strangers do to their bodies. I really don't see any place in the post that said "I enjoy clear skin. If you don't want to take your make up off that's your prerogative. I however like to wash before I workout".:flowerforyou:
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Wow.. people seem to get really passionate about this subject. I don't bother removing my makeup if I already have some applied before heading to the gym. I also don't have issues with it sweating off or smudging because of primers/setting sprays.

My skin is VERY clear and people often ask me what I'm doing to keep it so clear.. it's certainly not achieved by freaking out or putting other people down for wearing makeup to the gym. It's not going to kill anybody.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    If I go to the gym straight after work, I don't bother removing my makeup. Whats the point when I'm just going to shower after working out?
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If I went straight from work then I'd leave it on if I already had it on (I don't always wear make up to work though). If I went home first, I'd usually take any make up I had on, off.

Occasionally I put it on before I go if I think I look like **** - Yes, I have put make up on before the gym! :noway: Usually concealer/bit of foundation under my eyes and a little mascara. As I'm not really a make-up person, it's not because I'm trying to attract attention, or that I'm massively insecure or anything like what many people like to assume. I actually prefer to not to wear make up at all, in any setting except nights out. In the gym situation it's nearly always because I literally look like death warmed up! (I work crazy hours and some days I don't get enough sleep) and to me there's a massive difference between that, and regular bare faced, which I like.

I don't really sweat a lot (not on my face anyway) so that's not really an issue.
  • alliejoberry
    Options
    I usually only wear light make-up anyway, so I try to wear it to the gym (since I look really bad without). A little foundation and some lip color, maybe some blush, make me look more presentable. If nothing else, then at least the foundation.
  • Kaydana123
    Kaydana123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I try to just wear moisturiser when I go to the gym. I put loads of make up on after my shower though!

I saw a woman yesterday in the changing room putting her hair in an elaborate updo complete with loads of hairspray BEFORE working out......

That COULD have been for practical reasons. I always wear my hair in an elaborate looking updo for working out because my hair is long enough that a ponytail or braid doesn't keep it out of the way and a bun starts to come loose by the time I'm done. One of my elaborate looking braided updos on the other hand will stay exactly where I put it for as long as I want it to, no matter what I'm doing.
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    I've only ever went to the gym with makeup once. As soon as I started sweating, my eyeliner ran all into my eyes and it burned so bad I had to stop and run to the bathroom to rinse it out.

Never did that again.

Agreed
  • T34418l3angel
    Options

Actually your original post *was* pretty much directed at people and basically said that you actually DO care what strangers do to their bodies. I really don't see any place in the post that said "I enjoy clear skin. If you don't want to take your make up off that's your prerogative. I however like to wash before I workout".:flowerforyou:

Lol I love how you think you can reword it, if I wanted to say it that way I would. this thread is a serious joke and I seriously don't give a *kitten* about peoples nasty habits. but for sh*ts and giggles let me rephrase my statement "I love having the confidence to not wear make up to the gym. I also love not having nasty clogged pores. if I do have make up on, I take the few minutes it takes to take it off because I am at the gym to work out, not to try and stay looking cute."
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I try to just wear moisturiser when I go to the gym. I put loads of make up on after my shower though!

I saw a woman yesterday in the changing room putting her hair in an elaborate updo complete with loads of hairspray BEFORE working out......

That COULD have been for practical reasons. I always wear my hair in an elaborate looking updo for working out because my hair is long enough that a ponytail or braid doesn't keep it out of the way and a bun starts to come loose by the time I'm done. One of my elaborate looking braided updos on the other hand will stay exactly where I put it for as long as I want it to, no matter what I'm doing.

I hadn't thought of that, good point.
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow.. people seem to get really passionate about this subject.

Who knew!!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    iv always exercised before putting on make up if im going to wear it. But then i did tend to go to the gym at 5am....
    x
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I sweat A LOT when I work out. However, I still wear all my makeup. I work out in the morning and leave on my eye makeup from the previous day. It doesn't run at all. I don't wear foundation/skin makeup because I don't need to.
  • KayLgee
    KayLgee Posts: 139
    Options
    T34418l3angel -

Whatever you do is fine and your choice but telling people they are nasty for not doing what you do is ignorant. If you don't care then why bother to express your opinion in a negative sense.

I generally work out in the morning so no makeup but I do classes after work and I just about get there in time if I rush, I don't take my makeup off but when I get home I shower and deep cleanse my skin which actually takes a lot longer than 1 minute if you are throughly cleaning your skin.

What matters more is that you have a clean face and a good moisturiser to repair your skin over night, much more important than taking it off for gym. People have priorities and we are all here to get fit.