Kitchen Scale recommendations?

Options
My kitchen scale broke today -- feels like a death to me! I weigh everything these days... I actually changed my dinner plans to accommodate not being able to properly measure the pasta.

So now I am in the market for a new scale. My current one measures in LB, KG, ML and FL OZ. It looks like a lot of scales these days don't use ML, which is a bummer (and I live in the US!!) A lot of liquids have ML serving sizes listed (plus I like to use the 5ml = 1 teaspoon, 15 ml = 1 tablespoon mentality when I measure liquids for baking)

So does anyone have a good scale recommendation that includes a ml measurement function?

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Mine just died, too. Can ANYBODY recommend a kitchen scale that will last more than a couple of months?!
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have a Salter, digital scale. It is over 5 years old, measures ml/oz/lbs/kg and I love the 'zero' function. You can add containers, ingredients and just zero in between without dumping stuff out. Don't remember where I got it but I think I ordered it online......Never broke down, only needs battery replacement every now and again
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I bought an Ozeri Zenith stainless scale on Amazon for $33. A couple of times it's said low battery, but then it "fixes" itself. Two months, and so far so good, but I don't get the feeling it will last that long. If it lasts a year, I'll call it good.
    I consider the scale essential now; no more guessing at portion sizes.
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I bought a digital scale at Target for $29.99. I don't remember the brand as they only had two available in the store I shop at. Mine is still going strong 6 months later.
  • Debutante55
    Debutante55 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a small kitchen scale made by Starfrit that I just LOVE. I've had it for many years so I can't remember exactly how much I paid, but it wasn't much. It is super-easy to use and you can measure in imperial pounds/ounces or metric kg/grams. Also, you can zero-balance it once you put your plate on it, and it takes only one 9V battery that lasts forever. If mine ever breaks I'll try to buy one exactly like it again.