What's your eating plan like?

Options
Just wondering what everyone eats or has a plan, and if so what is it? Trying to figure out what to eat and not get bored. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Marquettedominos
    Marquettedominos Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If your main goal is to loose weight then eat whatever you want as long as you are in a calorie deficit.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If your main goal is to loose weight then eat whatever you want as long as you are in a calorie deficit.

Ditto. When you keep sticking to the same foods (a baked chicken breast and a side of veggies is the go-to with many people), you'll get bored and start hating the way you eat.

I will eat pretty much anything I want. Sometimes it's eggs, sometimes lean meats, sometimes a burger from McDonald's. As long as it fits in your daily plan and you're happy, it will be much easier. That said, having a side of vegetables will be helpful in making you feel fuller at a meal with less calories. And I always keep turkey dogs on hand for when I'm starving. They're not great for you, but have a lot of protein, not too many calories, and taste delicious...

Edited to add: And don't be afraid of carbs. I eat them all the time.
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't mind sharing mine:

Breakfast: 3 slices little big bread squirrel bread French Toast made with egg whites + 2 tbsp syrup + egg whites scrambled

Lunch: protein shake with 1 scoop whey powder (25g protein), 1 banana, 2 TBSP Adams natural peanut butter, ice

Dinner: 1 salmon burger, salad with dressing, mandarin orange

Snacks: 1 apple with 1 tbsp adams peanut butter

Snack: 1 cup grapes, 20 almonds

TOTAL CALORIES: 1580
  • brendaschoenbs
    Options
    At this point I'm just eating what I want but counting. Over time when we do this we tend to (in general) start to choose healthy foods that keep us fuller longer but I am a big believer in everything in moderation for the pure fact that for ME having a set plan, set goals of what I can and can't eat etc... seems to always set me up for failure. When I get too obsessed with it I start to get into the all or nothing thinking frame of mind. I'm sure not everyone is like that but I sure am.

I do try to make sure I have 3 meals and a few snacks a day but even then sometimes it's just not how it happens. I've gained and lost weight on "plans" so this time I'm trying to just keep it simple. Just me though, everyone seems to have their own way that works best for their personality and lifestyle!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    My plan is 4 meals per day, 3 hours apart (8-11-2-after 5) plus a light bedtime snack. No eating between meals, only water. And 1350 calories per day unless I earn more with exercise.
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! anyone else want to share?
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Clean!!

And sugar free

Breakfast is usually oats and fruit with unsweetened almond milk

Lunch is usually a tuna salad with lettuce, bean sprouts, tomatoes, capsicum, chili, carrots

Dinner tonight I had turkey chili which I made

I snack on carrots and strawberries throughout the day. And the occasional sugar-free, 100% grain/rice cracker

It may seem boring because it is repetitive (apart from dinner) but it is easy to prepare the night before and I know exactly what is going into my body
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I eat what I like when I like just slightly less than I used to. Seems to be working so far!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i have lots of yummy food today, so i will share:

breakfast: fat free greek yoghurt, vanilla flavoured mixed seeds (graze box) and a large banana

lunch: wholewheat wrap with tuna mixed with light philadelphia cheese, with baby spinach and cucumber

Dinner: stuffed courgettes (lamb mince with a spicy tomato sauce) with rice

snacks: nectarine, wholewheat crispbreads with a red pepper dip (graze again), and probably a glass of milk before my workout.

all that comes out at about 1700 cals.
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I know not a lot of people agree with this, but I'm on high protein, no carb diet. I try and stick to less than 50g carbs a day.
    I tried the "eat anything you want as long as you stay under your calories a day"... did not work for me. Low carb, high protein is the only thing that has ever worked! I've been doing Dukan diet for ages, Its easy, I'm never hungry, and I've lost a lot of weight. That saying, what type of meal plan are you looking for, because that will also change whatever you eat and what you should include. Good luck
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to share, as long as I don't get the usual 'you're not eating enough'. I feel fine, have plenty of energy and not hungry at all.

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - sandwich usually on wholemeal bread, 2 slices and usually chicken with some light mayo and rocket (no butter)

Dinner - usually between 250-450 calories

Snacks - banana, 2 satsumas, kiwi, red seedless grapes, nectarine (usually about 5-6 bits)

Water - 8-10 glasses

Exercise - 900cal 5days a week

I have my fruit spread throughout the day along with the water which prevents me from feeling hungry.

Calories eaten usually about 900-1000
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to share, as long as I don't get the usual 'you're not eating enough'. I feel fine, have plenty of energy and not hungry at all.

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - sandwich usually on wholemeal bread, 2 slices and usually chicken with some light mayo and rocket (no butter)

Dinner - usually between 250-450 calories

Snacks - banana, 2 satsumas, kiwi, red seedless grapes, nectarine (usually about 5-6 bits)

Water - 8-10 glasses

Exercise - 900cal 5days a week

I have my fruit spread throughout the day along with the water which prevents me from feeling hungry.

Calories eaten usually about 900-1000

You post advice like that and you're going to get plenty of the usual 'you're not eating enough'. You eat 900cals and burn off 900cals. Smart move.
  • runbelrun
    runbelrun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you to add me as a friend and you can view my eating diary, I have lost 7 kilos and in about 5 weeks, I just try and spread out my calories for the day, so about 300-350 calories for main meals and 100 - 150 for snacks...depending on how much exercise I've done that day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You post advice like that and you're going to get plenty of the usual 'you're not eating enough'. You eat 900cals and burn off 900cals. Smart move.

some people like their body to burn muscle for energy instead of fat...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    < 2300mg of sodium and at least 500 cals less than I burn daily.

Food is fair game. I do have the same breakfast because I'm not much for eating in the morning.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My eating plan is very simple: Everything with measure and in balance. Which is why I think it works :-) I am not denying myself anything, I just limit the amount I eat/drink of it and fit it into my daily allowance. I happily go out for a three course meal if I have saved up a few calories during the day and know I will exercise the next and I pick something that will satisfy but not kill the hard work of the week.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I focus on protein, veggies and fruit. I also drink wine and enjoy dark chocolate.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    'You post advice like that and you're going to get plenty of the usual 'you're not eating enough'. You eat 900cals and burn off 900cals. Smart move.'

It's not advice, she asked other peoples plans, this is what I do. I've been set a low calorie goal of 1300 by mfp, I try to eat it but if I'm not hungry I'm not going to eat. I don't eat back my exercise, some people do some people don't. Fat is going down muscle not been reduced as weights are included.

It's a strict diet yes I admit that
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am trying to break up with food. I consume as little of the things I love as I can. I have a blue green algae protein shake in the morning, an egg white scramble at lunch time. Dinner I get more creative but it is still very far from the pizza and cheese steaks I'd like to be eating. Food is Fuel NOT friend. :)
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually:

* 200 calories for breakfast (this morning was 400, but that's because I'm starting to see how I can push the limits and also because my lunch is less than usual!!). This is usually oats porridge, but lately I've been having cereal and other things too.
    * 600 calories for lunch (this is often a sandwich bought from a shop, or a meal deal if the sandwich is a bit less calories - e.g. sandwich + a packet of pretzels or light snacks).
    * 700 to 800 calories for dinner. This usually consists of around 80g (uncooked weight) of carbs, some protein and the rest is veggies (unless of course I'm doing a microwave meal).

If I want to have wine with dinner, I bargain on 500 calories (yes, that's a bottle!!!), so I might either have a little bit of a lighter lunch or a lighter dinner and possibly do a bit of extra walking for the day (walk to the tube stop instead of taking the bus).

If I am not having wine, the remainder of calories go into snacks and fruit - I always have Babybel cheese, Snack a Jacks and Sunbites around. And if I was really good during the day and depending on how many snacks I had, I will have a Kinder Bueno (or half if I don't have enough calories).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!