What's your phobia?

Options
Minnesota_Nice
Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
I am one of those psychology majors who is fascinated with phobias and how the mind works, what drives a person to do what they do?

Here's my phobia.....

Wet wool socks.... No joke. When I see them in the washer I cry if I touch them and get the shivers.....

Tell me yours!

Replies

• iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    ponds! I used to have nightmares about them all the time... eewwww
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    SPIDERS...something about the webs and the eight hairy legs....ewwww so distrubing
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Wearing wet or dirty socks. Creeps me right the hell out
  • francesiax
    Options
    Birds, except for ducks and penguins.... lol I'm so strange
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Airplanes
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Fire. As silly as it may sound, I do NOT want to be cremated.
  • jflint86
    jflint86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I used to have a phobia of throwing up...kind of still do, but I'm working on it. I pretty much go into panic mode when my stomach gets upset for any reason. I'm terrified of it. Or at least used to be. I'm in therapy ;)
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Very low ceilings and the tiny doors in the handball court.:noway:
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Lilapsophobia - aka fear of tornadoes. I literally start shaking and having a panic attack if one could happen.
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    slugs there sick and horrible and every time I see one my hand gets twitchy for the salt pot!

its from the time I brought my son home from the hospital and I had to sleep downstairs woke up in the am and three of the nasty disgusting things had gotten busy whilst I an my son slept. there was slug slim track on my blanket thankfully none near my son in his moses basket. I ended up screaming so loud it woke the husband.....err yeah ever since then I've been anti them LOL!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of dogs. I got chased by one when I was about 8. Luckily it didn't hurt me, but I've been scared ever since. I try hard to be calm for the sake of my kids when a dog comes near us when we're out walking on the seafront or somewhere.
  • jflint86
    Options

YES!!! Me to!!! I used to have nightmares about falling in and all the algae and yuck and not being able to get out...I still have a hard time walking over the bridge at my local nature center because it's all...gross down there and I used to imagine myself falling in when I was little. *shudders*
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Snakes, worms, bees :noway:
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    tight enclosed spaces...got an MRI years ago. I had to get pulled out once cuz i felt like i was gonna have a panic attack or something. My worst nightmare would be to get in a car accident where the car gets crushed up and I'm stuck in a position i can't move in with no space around me. Its freaking me out just thinking about it.

I was on vacay a few weeks ago and went down some open waterslides. Decided to try the enclosed slide. Never again. Was completely dark and i felt a freak attack coming...finally made it out the slide and wouldn't do that again.
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options

YES!!! Me to!!! I used to have nightmares about falling in and all the algae and yuck and not being able to get out...I still have a hard time walking over the bridge at my local nature center because it's all...gross down there and I used to imagine myself falling in when I was little. *shudders*

YES!! and the larva that gets in your hair, and you can't get out, and the scum is so thick it's like you just get sucked in. and of course, you can't get out!
  • Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Omg! I feel for all of you!!

Another phobia of mine is people being upset with me..... I can't handle it and if any of you get mad at me I will hide in a closet and die!
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    Gamophobia (prounced 'ga-me-PHO-bia', from the Greek 'gamo' meaning 'marriage') is the fear of getting married or being in a relationship; this individual fears commitment.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Shows on cooking channel and TLC about phobias and obsessions. I literaly run out of the room screaming and crying. Once I jumped out a three story window. Oh yea and cooking bacon naked.
  • jflint86
    Options
    Omg! I feel for all of you!!

Another phobia of mine is people being upset with me..... I can't handle it and if any of you get mad at me I will hide in a closet and die!

Lol, I feel you...if you're being serious, that is. I'm a people pleaser...along with avoiding scummy ponds and throwing up. I'm making quite an impression of myself, aren't I?
  • jflint86
    Options
    Shows on cooking channel and TLC about phobias and obsessions. I literaly run out of the room screaming and crying. Once I jumped out a three story window.

Are you for real?