in-between clothes shopping

Options
2»

Replies

• wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You could also sell your bigger clothes on Ebay to get some of your money back.
  • walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips. I did shop at Goodwill and bought a New York and Company winter pea coat for 5.99 in a size 8:smile: and another dress that I can use alone or with a short casual jacket or add a scarf for versatility. It was kind of fun shopping at Goodwill, sort of like a treasure hunt!
  • kaylanlynnNW
    kaylanlynnNW Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love Ross dress for less and catos super cheap
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm spoiled rotten and prefer Gap for clothes, but I decided that after spending $70 on a pair of jeans that I was only able to wear for one month that I wasn't going to spoil myself until I hit my goal weight. I have been using Salvation Army, local consignment shops, and eBay to clothe myself. There are a lot of gently used clothes out there, you just have to look. :-)
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i just wrote a blog about this. My daughter works at Walmart (she's 16), so I can get some cheap but ok looking clothes for work. I buy them tight and by the time they are loose, they've fallen apart anyway. :)
  • NYAnnie33
    NYAnnie33 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice. My go to place is Tjmaxx. You can spend as little or as much as you want and walk away with brand name clothes. Also when buying pants look for ones with belt loops. Those can last you another size at least. Congrats on your loss and good luck on your journey!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I am officially on the Salvation Army, Goodwill, Thriftstore and ebay band wagon. I am at goal size, and just bought a new Ralph Lauren suit, wool, for like 75% off at TJMAxx.. then I got a brand new with tags Austin Reed suit (Wool) from ebay for like 90% off.

I would also urge everyone who has to buy a "nice conservative office wardrobe" to check out Project 333. I can't tell you how well it fits with the discipline of getting and staying fit.

I went from busting out of size US Women Size 14's to size 8 or 6. How I wish wrap skirts were in style and available! Not to mention the 4 changes in bra sizes. Do more with less on the clothes buying front.. and by the way, all my too big nice clothes went Goodwill in Houston, my suits went to "Dress for Success" and my housekeeper has a daughter just out of college who was able to wear a few things. I am not going to have those big size clothes around to "grow" back into.
  • kaymarie78
    Options
    I won't buy anything unless it's on sale right now...Walmart, Target, TJ Maxx, Citi Trends and Old Navy are all great places for finding cheap clothes. I also love belts! Great for shirts that are little too big...I love the look of belted shirts!
  • byrnette
    byrnette Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's a great problem to have isn't it. Just get rid of the big clothes....I am going to have to visit consignment except I have sisters who love my cast-offs. And I love casting off!

Word to the wise....even when you hot your goal weight...don't go bezerk!

I have a gorgeous white suit I bought to celebrate that is hanging on me.

After doing Insanity, I feel like everything has shifted (again) and my waist is now much smaller...my butt disappeared so even though I have only lost a few pounds, everything is shifting. I am taking a bunch of (black) pants to the tailor to see what happens and then I am going to just do more with less until I finish insanity...it's like icing on the cake!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Its Goodwill for me also. When i first started losing weight i bought a pair of jeans at a dept. store for 25 dollars and only wore them for a month. Good money down the drain. So i started shopping at goodwill and couldn't believe the nice clothes you can buy cheap. Especially when they are 1/2 price. Brand name jeans for 3 dollars!
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    As many have mentioned you better start getting your life in a thrift store. I went from a size 22/24 now I'm down to some 12's and 14/16..no way in world I would be able to go to a normal store while I'm still losing. I refuse to look sloppy and unpolished wearing baggy clothes. Tailors cost too much to me or at least in my area.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores, definitely!

Another thing I have been doing is buying dresses that tie. You can make them tighter as you lose, and they are more flattering than baggy slacks. :)
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    We have a place called Savers that carries a lot of used clothing. Similar to Goodwill which is good too.

Savers! I looooooove Savers!
  • Katiedid717
    Katiedid717 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, still losing but I like to look nice for work. I went to Walmart and bought a couple of George brand pencil skirts ($12-16 each). I haven't really needed new tops yet, but I've been checking Walmart, Target, and Old Navy for when the basics go on sale.

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!