What's your phobia?

Options

Replies

• frank_1125
    Options
    I am very clausterphobic and also afraid of heights.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Clowns, those costumed people at theme parks, spiders (cuz they are super gross and creepy)
  • ILYJRBJNB
    Options
    People or things (necklaces, my hair, blankets etc.) touching the front of my neck....I freak out. Also seeing someone touching the front of their or someone else's makes me cringe...even right now its freaking me out. Its always followed by a compulsion to lower my chin or cover my neck with my hands, *as long as* my hands grip it firmly and not a light touch. Ive even wondered if its an OCD type thing...it affects me every day and has since I was 12. I feel like its the weirdest thing in the world and when people know about it they taunt me and it makes me seriously upset! :(
  • jeffryjirraf
    jeffryjirraf Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My final year dissertation. It is making me wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night. What is worse is that unlike a spider, which will scamper away, my thesis will sit on my desk as bold as brass.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Spiders!!!! Eeek so yucky and creepy!!

And I have a huge fear of drowning - I rarely go in the water at the beach if it's wavey
  • Peaches516
    Peaches516 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bugs. I hate it when people say, "But it's just a ladybug!" It's still a freaking bug!

I got home from work earlier this week and was about to unlock the front door when a spider suddenly dropped down in front of me. It was blocking my path through the door, so I rang the doorbell for my boyfriend to come down to let me in. He thought I had been mugged, because I was just standing there crying my eyes out. Haha!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Ornithophobia.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    spiders -
    snakes do not bother me, but a tiny little spider will make me hurt myself
  • ThatMrs99
    Options
    Okay, so I'm scared of big things - being close to them and looking up at them :ohwell: I can't be close to a cell phone tower, tall buildings, cruise ships, airplanes, etc. If I'm not looking up at them I'm cool - like I can walk around downtown no problem, but I just can't stand next to a tall *kitten* building and look up *shrugs*
    I also get freaked out by pictures of the Grand Canyon or seeing it on television lol!
    I'm a weirdo!:indifferent:
    I'm also afraid of heights.:wink:
  • stinkpurty
    Options
    SNAKES!!

Also, being trapped and unable to move.

Also, SNAKES!!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Mine will always and forever be spiders. Big one's little one's I don't care I hate spiders.
  • bioniccheese
    Options
    Apologies for being a bit morbid here, but death.
  • ThatMrs99
    Options
    The sound of a dog licking/drinking.
    It's the most terrifying thing to me. Ever.

ugh..its not a phobia for me..just something that angers me. Sounds of people eating..the moist mouth sounds, lip smacking and all that. One girl at work brought carrots in the other night and started chomping on them. I couldn't put my earbuds in fast enough.

I used to work with this guy that absolutely drove me nuts when he ate. He was such a sloppy eater, making all kinds of borderline obscene noises when he ate. Yuck!

Aargh! My husband is THE most disgusting eater I have ever met. I love him dearly, but HATE it when he eats - especially wet or juicy food. YUCK!
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    Mine will always and forever be spiders. Big one's little one's I don't care I hate spiders.
    my friend once passed out because she was home alone with a spider in her house...
  • ThatMrs99
    Options
    Im the exact same. Cant sit with my back to the window. Actually im also very afraid to be home alone and im afraid of the dark. And clowns and reptiles.
    Oh yeah that's another one - not quite a phobia, but I just can't sit with my back to a door or window :noway:
  • goldair23
    goldair23 Posts: 160
    Options
    Tissues & thin paper especially when wet. Can't handle it. Makes me feel physically sick.
    And heights, even the thought of being on a tall building gives me a minor panic attack, needless to say I HATE flying! x
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    underground parking lots!!
  • ThatMrs99
    Options
    Okay last one - maggots :noway:
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I guess in general, extreme heights or situations where my control over something happening is effectively zero - like air travel, if something happens there really is nothing I can do about it.

The thought of drowning and the dark also freak me out.
  • lovelyshannon
    Options
    Apiphobia. I am completely terrified of bees, and wasps, hornets, etc. It's embarrassing really.