If I could turn back time...

Options
If you could turn back time, or if you could time travel to some event, some weekend, some lost love in your past, where would you go back to and why? What would you hope to change or do differently if you had this one time chance to go back?

Replies

• dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I would go back to the age of 14 and never have picked up a cigarette! Not that I would ever want to re-live all of those youthful years but I truely wish I had never started smoking to be as cool as my best friend that was 3 years older than me.....bad choice looking back at it for sure!
  • HisEminence
    Options
    I hear that!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I'd go back to my first day in 7th grade. I'd apply myself, stay away from cigarettes drugs and men, & go to medical school.
  • HisEminence
    Options
    In that order???:)
  • targetweighless
    targetweighless Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would go back to age 18 and never married that young instead I would of went to college and learned to be my own person. Don't mean I don't love my family just saying I started way to young.
  • HisEminence
    Options
    If only we could turn back time, or get into H.G. Wells Time machine...:)
  • anniemac_98
    anniemac_98 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There are so many things I would change if I could, but ultimately if I changed anything I wouldn't have my kids. No change is worth that.
  • lveh8lve
    lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'd go back and smack some sense into myself before I married my ex-husband and tell myself to apply myself to my career more!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    May 2011.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I would go back to 1976 and not run away from home. Worst two weeks of my life.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    There are so many things I would change if I could, but ultimately if I changed anything I wouldn't have my kids. No change is worth that.

I agree ....... my first marriage ended badly ...... but I have a wonderful daughter from it :heart: (and a wonderful 2nd husband :heart: )
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt change anything - good or bad all of it has made me who I am today and I like who I am now - but I would go back and offer my younger self a bit of advise - if there's an easy way and a hard way to do something - dont push for the harder way. Once in a while - just try the easier way.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I would turn time back to when I was 12 yrs old. I would have paid more attention in school and went to college right after high school and focused on my education rather than on what my friends were doing. All the $ I could have been making now..SMH:grumble:
  • MayFartDuringSquats
    Options
    I'd go back to last Friday and buy a different set of lottery numbers.
  • natalovesmusic
    natalovesmusic Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When I was thirteen and had a huge crush on this boy. I was so naive I texted him all the time and then he told people I stalked him D: I'm still embarrassed but it was a lesson learned... I'm debating.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    what kind of time travel are we talking here? one timeline? parallel?

id go back only a few weeks and win a big lottery. i wouldnt go far back in time and change any historic event due to the butterfly effect.
  • GCrew1502
    Options
    I would go back to my friend's 21st birthday party. Tell her that she could have 'that' guy over there and I am sure my future would have been so different. 25 years later and after divorcing the p****, my life has just begun! Yes, I would change that and never have married him. I still would have had my kids but to someone much nicer!

I hid behind food for all those years (due to a toxic marriage) and now, I am going through the butterfly effect and releasing who I was all those years ago. The real me has been in hibernation and now, I am losing the weight, am more confident and I love who I am and who I am becoming! Hard work and determination...

It's my turn to SHINE! :)))
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt change anything - good or bad all of it has made me who I am today and I like who I am now - but I would go back and offer my younger self a bit of advise - if there's an easy way and a hard way to do something - dont push for the harder way. Once in a while - just try the easier way.

^This. I couldn't have said it better.
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I would go back to 17 and stay away from my ex-fiance and go away to college. I'd also start caring about my body at that age so it wouldn't be so hard now.
  • ohtobe140
    Options
    October 29, 1992, I should've walked away from those hazel eyes... when he showed me who he was I should've believed him. 20 years later and I am starting over... I should've walked away the very first time he was truly cruel, oh and it was our first date.