What's your phobia?

Options

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Spiders
    Claustrophobic I am.... big time. I'll freak out on a bus
    Water, if I can see what my feet are touching or I can't see the bottom clearly.... I freak out.
    Bugs.... yeah I really am.... more Plague Beetles & Cockroaches
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Dang you guys are pikers. My fear..being buried alive!!! Waking up and having to scrape, scrape on the inside of the coffin lid..now that's a REAL phobia! Wet socks! I laugh at your wet socks!
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    I'm also deathly afraid of of beetles that fly. one flew through the window on my side of the car, and I unstrapped and did a backflip over my seat into the laps of the people sitting behind me. that was... interesting. everyone was like :huh: ???
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Someone else did a thread about this before. If you do a search you can also find that thread and read the phobias. It went on for pages and pages. I don't have a phobia.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Clowns.

After my brother died, I'm terrified of losing someone who means a lot to me.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Tongues... and random moist heavy breathing.
    Creeps the hell out of me.

At the risk of sounding insensitive, I have a slight fear of amputees.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    People scare me more than anything else :frown: Irrational, impulsive, narcissistic and over-emotional people frighten me because there's absolutely no way to reason with them.

No matter what you do, people like that are always convinced that they're right.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    tight enclosed spaces...got an MRI years ago. I had to get pulled out once cuz i felt like i was gonna have a panic attack or something. My worst nightmare would be to get in a car accident where the car gets crushed up and I'm stuck in a position i can't move in with no space around me. Its freaking me out just thinking about it.

I was on vacay a few weeks ago and went down some open waterslides. Decided to try the enclosed slide. Never again. Was completely dark and i felt a freak attack coming...finally made it out the slide and wouldn't do that again.

A few years back I was on my way home, driving my little car. I got ran over by this drunk dude in a taho. Luckily my seat broke when I came back to it after hitting the steering wheel. I was lying flat when he ran over me. I was stuck in that car for hours. I cant even close the bathroom door now when I use the bathroom. I cant stand for the shower curtain to be completely pulled when I'm in the shower. Small rooms disturb the hell out of me.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Revolving doors... I hate using them.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    snakes, spiders, scorpions, and driving across narrow bridges.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Driving next to big rig trucks. I have gone into complete panic mode doing that.
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Snakes- I turn into a 2 yr. old crying and shaking, the works, whether a picture in a book, rubber snakes, snakes in the reptile house at the zoo, etc.
    Heights- my muscles lock down, can't move.
  • zaidr
    zaidr Posts: 66
    Options
    rides at the fair, after i sw them using duct tape when putting them together (i just started working there)
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    im terrified of bugs.

Not really a phobia but milk creeps me out...i cant watch someone drink a glass of it without feeling sick.
  • crysiebrown
    crysiebrown Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one, or rather gaining the weight back! I'm so paranoid about it that it's become obsessive
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    spiders, water, like swimming pools, and tiny spaces. and heights. im full of phobias huh. the other day i had to get something and had to climb up these wobbly stairs and i almost started crying and hyperventilating.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    The sound of a dog licking/drinking.
    It's the most terrifying thing to me. Ever.
    ugh..its not a phobia for me..just something that angers me. Sounds of people eating..the moist mouth sounds, lip smacking and all that. One girl at work brought carrots in the other night and started chomping on them. I couldn't put my earbuds in fast enough.
    I used to work with this guy that absolutely drove me nuts when he ate. He was such a sloppy eater, making all kinds of borderline obscene noises when he ate. Yuck!
    Aargh! My husband is THE most disgusting eater I have ever met. I love him dearly, but HATE it when he eats - especially wet or juicy food. YUCK!

Pretty much all face noises get to me. Chewing, slurping, smacking, snoring, nose-whistling, sniffling, snorting. They make me angry. Mostly because they're all preventable just by not being disgusting. Chew with your mouth closed, blow your damn nose and roll over.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Spiders, scorpions, centipedes, wasps, bees, small spaces and heights. I think I covered them all. Down here we have giant centipedes that get up to 7 and 8 inches long and 1/2 inch sometimes an inch wide. They are creepy crawly and disgusting. We also have taranchulas. EWE!!!! Makes my skin crawl!! And don't get me started on the scorpions!!
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Birds and other people's feet. I will only touch my feet and my little boy;s feet and when he gets a little bit bigger I won;t be touching his either.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Carnival Rides. I went on one when I was a kid and it rocked back and forth and went upside down. I literally freaked out at the top of my lungs. Never again.