Down 70lbs w/pic halfway to goal ^_^

Options
Hi My name is Diana and I'm half way to my goal. Yay! Down 70lbs and never looking back. I reached my low point when I hit 270 and found myself getting really tired so fast and not wanting to do anything. Then one day I see this commercial about wight loss surgery and its covered by insurance. I don't think to much about it until I see it again. So I looked it up first and did some research first. I see that this company is referring to Lap-Band Surgery. I study it like crazy and join the community where people have had it (Lapbandtalk) so I can read everything and everyone's experiences on it to see if this is the right thing for me. After many failed diet attempts I was willing to go this extreme to become healthy. I called 1800-get-thin and set up a date to go in and start the process. I went in beginning of January to begin my journey. During that time until my surgery in April I went through a series of tests, sleep studies, and had to relearn how to have a relationship with food. I was taught to make better choices and completely get ready for a lifestyle change. This amount of time between the first day to surgery greatly transition myself to where I am now and where I want to be in the near future.

This was the best decision for myself to help me become the healthy me I can see inside. I have been going to yoga and running more and making better choices in the foods I cook and when eating out. Sometimes its challenging when visiting relatives and the one way they know how to show love is by trying to make me eat everything they have lol. They are learning with me, understand my limitations, and have their full support! They even joke with me about every pound I lose they find lol.

I've always wanted to post here but never thought it would come lol. I'm still only half way to my goal but wanted to share this great loss so far as it means so much to me. I am feeling great, more energy, and over all happier inside and out.

Feel free to friend me if you would like a buddy to cheer each other on! Put a message in the request with a quick note about yourself. I don't accept blank requests ^_^

-Di ^_^

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3u04x8dx7u62xh/403062_2403769255764_192954618_n.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!