Pros and Cons of being Single:)

Options
Some days i really love being single, then other days not so much.. just wondered if anyone else felt that way.

pros- do what i want when i want (without having to talk it over with someone)
The remote is always mine lol
if i dont feel like getting dressed one day, it's no biggie
when i hear couples arguing, i like that i dont have to deal with that

cons- i miss the companionship (even more than sex lol)
cuddles
i miss not having a confidant
i miss having someone to cook for etc...
and yes, the sex.. kinda miss that:)

Replies

• SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    agree with all of the above...but since I am very newly single, I am feeling right now the pros out weigh the cons!!! :-)
  • Madelinew22
    Options
    the thought of being single scares me lol, im so awkward with new ppl and me and my fiance go out and hes always the icebreaker to meet ppl.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Pro - Get to do more stuff
    Con - You run out of batteries faster
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    pro- no one is snoring next to you
    con- no one is next to you.

pro- the remote is all your's
    con- there is no one to laugh with

pro- You can cook anything you want
    con- no one to enjoy it with
  • emfischer90
    emfischer90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I totally feel the same way. I have been single for awhile now and although I have thoroughly enjoyed the pros and freedom from obligations and limitations I have recently grown to despise all the cons. The lack of companionship (that my dog can't supply) has really hit me.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Not to be a downer, but I'm married and the remote is all mine. I usually TELL my husband where I'm going, but I certainly don't ASK him if I can go. I cook anything I want and he always eats it. And there are days I spend all day in my jammies.

Those are all pros of being married in my opinion, but you just have to be with the right guy.
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Out of my 19 years as an adult, I have been single about 13 of them and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros:

No drama
    No man taking up my hot water, throwing towels on the floor, snoring next to me
    Having a few drinks and inappropriately making out with a friend - totally okay.
    No one eating my food, sitting on my couch, trying to drive my awesome Jeep
    Don't have to worry about buying them Christmas, birthday, anniversary, whatever presents
    Can be totally selfish with my time and do whatever I want, with whom ever I want, whenever I want
    Don't have someone trying to read your text messages and thumb through your phone
    You don't have to hide your diary.
    If I don't want to shave my legs, etc all week, I don't have to hear someone complaining about it.

Cons:

Sometimes, it would be nice to have a few drinks and make out with someone appropriately : )
    Someone to hold you when you are sick or take you to the doctor
    Someone to work together with to achieve common goals

So, although that sounds a little sad - I am almost always VERY happy!!
  • emilyerose
    Options
    One pro is that I can listen to whatever I want in the car!!
    Another pro is that "What's for dinner?" is always asked and answered by me.
    Finally, I can sit up till 3 snorting at retarded political spoofs on YouTube with nobody telling me to shut up and get some sleep.

BUT. There are cons. I just like to think that there's a time and place for everything, and there is certainly a time to be single (and live it up while you're at it, BTW), but there's a time for the compromise and companionship of another human sharing your history with you. I'm kinda ready for the second part of that analysis. ;P
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    pro - freedom
    con - no security

as is life