This one is for the girls

Options
OKAY!!! I want to know how you all get through your time of the month? Well at least without eating everything that remotely resembles food? I can adjust and get by, no problems on any given day.
But when it comes to the first 2 days of my cycle...GOOD LORD!!! :angry:
It's like my brain has been taken over or something.
My husband thinks I'm insane. He stands back and doesn't utter a word (he knows better because I could claim temporary insanity), but I know in his mind he thinks I use it as an excuse to go NUTS!!! God I wish for one day he could know how it feels...just ONE DAY!!! :grumble:
All I can say is it's been a HARD day! My back hurts, my head hurts, I have puffy hand and feet, cramps, blurry vision, wanting to eat NON stop, tired...ggggeeeezzzz what else can I add to the list LOL! :laugh:
Sometimes....
I HATE BEING A GIRL!!!!! :explode:
Kelly :flowerforyou: HAHAHHAH!!!!

Replies

• CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    OKAY!!! I want to know how you all get through your time of the month? Well at least without eating everything that remotely resembles food? I can adjust and get by, no problems on any given day.
    But when it comes to the first 2 days of my cycle...GOOD LORD!!! :angry:
    It's like my brain has been taken over or something.
    My husband thinks I'm insane. He stands back and doesn't utter a word (he knows better because I could claim temporary insanity), but I know in his mind he thinks I use it as an excuse to go NUTS!!! God I wish for one day he could know how it feels...just ONE DAY!!! :grumble:
    All I can say is it's been a HARD day! My back hurts, my head hurts, I have puffy hand and feet, cramps, blurry vision, wanting to eat NON stop, tired...ggggeeeezzzz what else can I add to the list LOL! :laugh:
    Sometimes....
    I HATE BEING A GIRL!!!!! :explode:
    Kelly :flowerforyou: HAHAHHAH!!!!
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't know. If anyone else has the answer, let us know. Actually, I don't get raving. I get food cravings about twice a year, light cramps for about 8 hours and then I'm doing the hurry up and get over this so I can get laid. Serious build up of those hormones. Occassionally I will have a bad one and then I am stuck. But honey, they say vitamins B (can't remember which) will help. Otherwise, we're here for you.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, boy do I ever! I just let myself give in to temptation for whatever it is I crave and move on with being good. I don't beat myself up over it. Usually when you really crave something, it is your body telling you that you need something from that food (although, I'm not sure what my body needs from a doughnut or a piece of pie?!) Sometimes I have whole days like this. Just let yourself give in a little and then move on and then pat yourself on the back that at least you didn't eat the WHOLE large pizza.:laugh: Or did you???? HMMMM:ohwell:
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    I take vitamin B injections weekly :smile:
    My cramps are light, but annoying as hell :grumble: It's my lower back that HURTS the most!
    All this only lasts the first 2 days....THANK GOD!!!
    If you wear an instead you can have sex without the mess :bigsmile:
    Sorry if I offend anyone by talking sex talk LOL! :tongue:
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    I hear ya, boy do I ever! I just let myself give in to temptation for whatever it is I crave and move on with being good. I don't beat myself up over it. Usually when you really crave something, it is your body telling you that you need something from that food (although, I'm not sure what my body needs from a doughnut or a piece of pie?!) Sometimes I have whole days like this. Just let yourself give in a little and then move on and then pat yourself on the back that at least you didn't eat the WHOLE large pizza.:laugh: Or did you???? HMMMM:ohwell:

No not pizza, but I could of cleaned out the whole candy draw at work today though. The candy draw I have been so good about avoiding for a month now...ya since my last cycle LOL :tongue:
    I know I need to just relax and hopefully tomorrow I will be able to control things better.
    This time last month I drug my poor husband into my "MENSTRUAL MISERY" and made stop his gym workout and go for a bike ride with me. It ended up being the worse ride I've had in a long long time.
    He had to keep slowing down waiting for me...the whole 20 miles! Oops I actually felt bad I made him go :tongue:
    Ok time to go eat my third dinner :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • damselfly25
    damselfly25 Posts: 59
    Options
    I say eat...it's one day a month and it's for a good reason. As long as you don't let it spill into the next day...it's not like it's going to ruin your perfect waistline for life. You have to live your life and unfortunately for us female types that includes our monthly "friend"...yuck!

The only things else I can suggest is, if you can, double up on your exercise for the day. That way you won't feel so bad eating the extras and it supposedly helps with the cramping and bloating...At least it helps me if I can push through the first few minutes.
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    I say eat...it's one day a month and it's for a good reason. As long as you don't let it spill into the next day...it's not like it's going to ruin your perfect waistline for life. You have to live your life and unfortunately for us female types that includes our monthly "friend"...yuck!

The only things else I can suggest is, if you can, double up on your exercise for the day. That way you won't feel so bad eating the extras and it supposedly helps with the cramping and bloating...At least it helps me if I can push through the first few minutes.

I know it's good to workout for the cramps, but I would rather sleep through them hahhhaha! :laugh:
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Exercise is good for cramps. One of the kids I taught had bad cramps and looked at me with death eyes when I told her we were going ahead with the riding lesson. 10 minutes later they were gone. I will say "feed the beast". What other time do we need comfort food like then. No offense re: sex. I'm just glad that most people's minds are as far in the gutter as mine is.
  • CyclingDiva
    Options
    For the most part I usually have my best workouts when it's that time, but I can't ride my bike.
    The bending forward makes things WORSE!!! That is why my husband had to endure a horrible bike ride with me last time hahahha :bigsmile:
    But running, stairmaster, eliptical and expecially swimming feels awesome :smile:
    I'm so restless today. I had to come home before my kids took off to the cabin so I never got my workout in at all...not a good day for that to happen! I'll get some good workouts in the next few days though. I'm SO looking forward to it :tongue:
    Kel~ :flowerforyou: