Lean Cuisines: What do you think of them?

Options
13»

Replies

• beedeevee
    beedeevee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When they're on sale, I'll buy a few. Just had a 4/$10 special at my local market so I purchased 8.

They're good for a pinch, but the sodium is indeed high. Still, MFP says I'm within my sodium restrictions for the day, but on the days I eat them, I'm conscious of my other salt consumption.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I use them for when I work 7p-7a sometimes. I think they are a good alternative to what is usually available to a college student. I'm guessing you may live in a dorm and not have regular kitchen access? If that's the case, they are certainly better than the Ramen noodles, delivery pizza, fast food, and canned goods many college students eat. Most college cafeterias don't offer the healthiest options either. I like to add the un-salted veggie singles in the freezer section to the main meal...except Kashi's Mayan Harvest Bake which is delicious and unusual. I love the Kashi meals, the Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers, and quite a few of the lean cuisines. I don't use them often as I enjoy cooking and like to prepare most of my own meals. I bought 2 of my favorite flavor Cafe Steamer's today:happy: The people who talk about making homemade meals to control sodium must not add any salt because 1/4 tsp has 500 gms of sodium, most of the frozen entrees are close to that number. A home cook that adds 1 tsp of salt to a recipe that serves 4 is putting 500 gms of sodium in each serving.
    http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/foodnut/09354.html
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have lost a lot of weight eating them. :)
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Not to mention...1 LC generally has less sodium than 1 serving of cottage cheese.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    They're a back up for me but not a regular feature on my menu.
  • keirajl
    keirajl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I eat them everyday for lunch at work. Everyday at work my co-workers are always like "Your food smells so good!!!!". I usually go for the SmartOnes (I think they taste better) but sometimes will buy the Lean Cuisines if they are cheaper. I could eat the SmartOnes Enchilada Suiza everyday forever, they are sooooo good!! I also really like the Rigatoni with Chicken and Broccoli. And the desserts are actually pretty good too!!!!! I'm thinking about trying out the breakfasts soon too.