no hope for me...

Options
2»

Replies

• queenbean30
    Options
    im at that 300 pounds now been carrying it for 10+ yrs how did you do it, any tips!!!
  • kryslJackson
    Options
    When you start exercising your body needs more calories. Calories=energy. If you're not eating enough, a workout can be hard to get through. IMHO myfitnesspal's recommended calorie intake for any person I've seen is EXTREMELY low. Especially if you are doing hard workouts. Also, I think you should incorporate weights into you're routine. It's the only thing that will change your metabolism, which is how you lose body fat and keep it off. It's also important to remember that fat is necessary and that you shouldn't be afraid of it....going over in calories is the same no matter what macro nutrient it is. Fat just happens to be the most calorie dense of all the macros. Lastly, remember that one day does not throw you off. Consistency is the only thing that works long run. It's what you do 90% of the time that matters. Just start back up on your routine NOW, don't wait until tomorrow...and if you messed up at dinner just start over at breakfast. Do something good for your body when you feel you messed up like drinking a tall glass of ice water. You haven't screwed up...it takes years to get in bad shape by not working out and eating poorly 90% of the time...it will take the same amount of time in the reverse scenario.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I've seen sunshine...........and I've seen rain....................I've seen weight lost....................and I've seen it gained.............

but I always knew I'd have this discussion ah gain.......................

You are not worthless. You are special. You are having a difficult time. You are beautiful. You are still going in the right direction............I say that because your talking about it. Your title might of been attention seeking/getting...........but at least you had some substance in your "pitch".............I really feel like you just need a pep talk.............here it is. Get back on that tread mill..........go slower.............for longer. Get back on those stairs. Pretend chocolate is waiting for you at the top, if that helps. Just believe, you will achieve!
  • JasonsSoulMate
    JasonsSoulMate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have been new to all this, diet changes, excercising and such.
    I was doing 10 flights of stairs down and up everyday, my treadmill for 5 mins at 5 mph , for a few straight weeks now,
    all the sudden i just cant, today and yesterday i lasted 3 minuites give or take on my treadmill at 4.9 mph, and only done stairs once the other day.....

what is wrong with me....

Then i really messed up and had an awful dinner today,and it was way over and put me over in my fat, by negative 19.
    i feel hopless and useless and stressed and upset, i just want to lose weight,and im trying but, its just hopeless......
    OK stupid question here, is it your time of month or close to it?? That is usually a trigger for what you're going through.... just a thought. Dont' get down on yourself, EVERYONE has days like this even if they don't admit it. Chin up kiddo!!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    perhaps walking on my treadmill for awhile until im better at running is a good idea, could anyone suggest a walking mph rate? like 2mph or 3 or whichever, and for how long, for a good healthy walk.

One of the things that really helped me run was an interval timer. I downloaded a free app for my iPod Touch and it uses my playlists. That way you can just run or walk and don't have to pay attention to a clock or watch. Good luck!