What's your phobia?

Options
12346»

Replies

• BTheGreatest
    Options
    Ichthyophobia = Fear of Fish!! They creep me the hell out lol!! I pick up snakes, rats, spiders, roaches, centipedes etc, but I freak with fish!! No idea why grew up near the ocean!!
  • BTheGreatest
    Options
    Really deep water than I cannot see in. I live in Texas and we have lots of lakes and I will NOT get in the water because you can't see anything. I know there are no sharks or anything, but my mind conjures up crazy images of what could be lurking down there. When I've been to Hawaii I didn't mind getting in the ocean and snorkeling because it's really clear and you can see well. If I can see clearly, I have no fear at all. But if I had to jump ship in water I couldn't see in, I would absolutely freak the hell out. Definitely my biggest fear.

This TOO!!
  • Cookie30458
    Options
    Heights!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Being fat. It scares the hell out of me and keeps me honest in my tracking/exercising.
  • chunkysmurfette
    Options
    I have a phobia of antibitoics...They have made me deathly sick in the past and im allergic too so many...I wont take them even if i need too..
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    moths.. I will take down anyone/thing in my path to get away from those!! even to the point where I've sat outside in the dark waiting for a friend to drive 20 minutes to come get a moth out of my loungeroom.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    The back of the toilet. The tank part. My whole life they have terrified me... and its no diff now. I will NOT lift the back ... I don't care what I have to do. When the maint. men come to check the back of the toilet I refuse to go in there with them and if they try to show me something, I will only look through the crack of the bathroom door, as far away as possible.

And spiders. lol
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Fear of Elevators, zombies, and OB-GYNs

:laugh:
  • chemalurgy
    chemalurgy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Germs. I caught hepatitis (while 8 months pregnant) from eating a salad in a restaurant because the chef didn't wash his hands properly. Now I'm very careful to keep my hands clean and away from my face and food. It really ticks me off when women either don't flush, leave urine on a toilet seat or leave without washing their hands; especially employees.

Other than that I'm not afraid of anything.
  • Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Another one... I live in mn (duh) but I'm deathly afraid of sharks......sometimes I won't swim inlaces connected to the Mississippi river because in minnie ha ha falls (in Minneapolis) the caught a shark... Oh and then also in kalamazoo Michigan when a guy was ice fishing he caught a shark.

They are all coming for me.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    spiders and belly buttons !!
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    fear of drowning.
    I don't fear water or being in the water but I can't go in past my neck.
  • Ro0kin
    Ro0kin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    most food
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    My phobia is a weird one. I am afraid of random children who pop out of no were in the dark. I know its strange but think about it. If a random person walks into your house you know they are trying to rob you and you would go into fight or flight (Fight for me). But if a random child just emerges out of nowhere in your home....well you know its demonic and / or some sort of Ghost Child. So this is the reason I do not spend nights at friends houses who have children....I am afraid if they pop out of nowhere (i am not use to that) that I would not hesitate to kick them in the face and running like a little girl
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    SPIDERS!!!

If anybody here lives in Australia, well you will know we get some BIG ones over here! :frown:

My phobia is so extreme that I have panic attacks whenever I'm even remotely close to one. My boyfriend once made me cry just by pretending he had a spider in his hands.
  • I have a fear of crowded public transportation. If I get on a bus and after a few stops fills up with people I panic. I'm not sure if it's the fear of strangers touching me or not being able to get off in a hurry.. or maybe both . Never knew how bad it was until I moved from my small home town to Ottawa Can. I will be getting a bike this coming spring for getting back and forth to work.
  • k2charmed4u
    Options
    I have a fear of diving in deep open water with not knowing what's around me and not being able to see far infront of me. Snorkelling in clear shallow water is ok.

I used to be afraid of spiders and would run from the room but i'm better now I can at least catch them in a glass. I leave it to the hubby to get rid of it. :happy:

The prospect of ghosts and things like that freaks me out quite a bit. Never used to believe in that sort of thing until I moved in with my husband. His first wife died of cancer in the living room of our house and a lot of freaky stuff goes on. The most recent being the hubby forgot about his wedding anniversary from his first wife for the first time since she died 7 years ago. As a result 2 pint glasses (that were completely stable on a wall speaker) fell off and smashed on his head the day of their wedding anniversary. They only fell 3 inches but he ended up in A&E the next day with severe concussion as he was throwing up everywhere with a constant headache and feeling dizzy! After that he took flowers to her grave to apologise all has been quiet since.

Oh and Heights. If I go down an escalator in a shopping mall and there is no solid wall either side it freaks me out because I can see how far I can fall! My husband has to stand in front of me so I can hold him and face forwards. Its the same with the stairwell at work that we have to use in fire drills. 13 floors up with one bannister that runs around the middle so you have to use it and I can see 13 floors down :sick: I end up walking next to the wall with my arm brushing it so I don't feel as though i'll fall. :sad:
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My biggest fear is heights. When I was a kid I was forced to jump off a diving board for swimming lessons. I have not touched that diving board ever since! Also, my mom dragged me on a roller coaster ride after I begged to just sit on a bench and wait for her and my siblings to get off when they were done the ride. She wouldn't have that so I had to go on.

People just standing on top of a staircase. I always think they're going to fall! If they're moving down, fine, at least they're moving. When one of my kids just stands on top of the staircase, I either make them go down or I'll go in front of them. Very protective over kids on stairs. I fell down some steps when I was pregnant with one of my babies and I've also witnessed my toddler take a serious tumble down a flight of steps. FREAKED me OUT! Still does. When I babysit, the young'uns are forbidden on my steps! LOL
  • farfoorah
    farfoorah Posts: 168
    Options
    Being kidnapped or raped while I'm on my hour long runs, lucky for me I'm a black belt in kicking *kitten*, hair pulling and screaming....

YouTube-CSIMiami-Endless2.gif
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Snakes