30 DAY SHRED GAINING WEIGHT???

Options
So, I'm on day 5 of level 1 of the 30 DS by Jillian Michaels. I've heard from others in the past that they initially gain with it. I haven't gained, but I've stayed at the same weight so far. Can anyone tell me when I'll start to see the pounds drop once my body starts adapting? After the first week maybe? I'm loving it and don't plan on quitting it, but I just want to know when to expect to see a loss :)

Replies

• Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I can honestly tell you I did not lose a single pound while doing 30 day shred! However, I did lose plenty of inches. So make sure to also pay attention to body composition rather than just the scale. Good luck!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Pay good attention to how your clothes fit, (looser jeans, belt, shirts, etc.)

You might not lose any weight, but gain muscle.. and tone, which makes you look like you lost weight. No one sees the scale but you =)
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    bump
  • The_New_Christina
    Options
    anyone else have similar experiences with 30DS?
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've noticed an odd thing. My wedding ring gets tighter when I do the 30DS. I can do cardio workouts without a problem and still wear my ring but now, as I'm on day 6 of 30DS, I've had to take off my ring. Maybe it's muscle building up? All I know is it makes my hand up to my elbow tingle.
  • The_New_Christina
    Options
    I don't feel any different yet, except for the scale stopped moving :) well and that I have more energy
  • The_New_Christina
    Options
    bump
  • danam82
    danam82 Posts: 30
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight while doing the 30 DS. I did lose some inches however. I also gained muscle tone, energy, and flexibility. My clothes fit looser, and even my hubby said I looked smaller. I think the best part is, it got me in the habit of working out consistently.