friends and motivation needed.

Well alittle about my journey i used to be 340lbs. currently 180ish i have been stuck at this plataeu fro a month now weighing between 178 and 185??? Need more friends and push!! I currently have a back injury and can not workout except walk and even that causes pain!!

I look forward to help you all through your journey!! I post a lot and comment alot on the news feed :)

Replies

• bettyclv
    bettyclv Posts: 31 Member
    Congratulations on you weight loss, and lifestyle change, I have been on this rollercoaster journey for sometime now. But I am not giving up, I have lost 26 pounds since Nov of last year, had a set back or two in June and May of this year and it kind of threw me off my journey. I started back on my journey this past Saturday and working out for the first time in three months today. You are an inspiration to me, because when it comes to dealing with pain physically on a daily bases I clearly understand the struggle. It is very painful for me to walk do to degenerative arthritis in my joints all over my body, and now with the present condition of gout in my left big toe, which is very very painful, im now on meds for that and the pain there has subsided. I lack motivation when it comes to going for walks, for exercise, but I do seated aerobics and toning with weights and that works well for me. But I do need to walk more, maybe if I had a partner to walk with it would motivate me more, but I need to do it on my own, if I start on my own, then I will be more than likely to stick with it, but if I start out with counting on someone else, when they decide not to walk then I will sooner or later stop also. So Im still working on that mentally. It is said by my nutritionist that when you reach a platue in your loseing, you need to up your workouts, with a bit more intensity, and you need to cut back on your calorie intake a bit more until your weight loss kicks back in gear. From my experience this does help a lot, to get it going again. So maybe you should walk for a longer period of time than your usual, or may try a little more incline walking. Since you are working out you may need to up your dosage on pain meds to work with your activity level. Check with your doctor on pain management, that is what I had to do in order to be able to function. When I am not as active I will cut back on my calorie intake and watch the fat and sodium intake more, this helps also. On this note, you have come to far to look back now, you have made great success and you can do it.
  • Hi There
    feel free to add me :)
    regards,
  • Krystal7786
    Krystal7786 Posts: 103 Member
    Thanks!!!
    Congratulations on you weight loss, and lifestyle change, I have been on this rollercoaster journey for sometime now. But I am not giving up, I have lost 26 pounds since Nov of last year, had a set back or two in June and May of this year and it kind of threw me off my journey. I started back on my journey this past Saturday and working out for the first time in three months today. You are an inspiration to me, because when it comes to dealing with pain physically on a daily bases I clearly understand the struggle. It is very painful for me to walk do to degenerative arthritis in my joints all over my body, and now with the present condition of gout in my left big toe, which is very very painful, im now on meds for that and the pain there has subsided. I lack motivation when it comes to going for walks, for exercise, but I do seated aerobics and toning with weights and that works well for me. But I do need to walk more, maybe if I had a partner to walk with it would motivate me more, but I need to do it on my own, if I start on my own, then I will be more than likely to stick with it, but if I start out with counting on someone else, when they decide not to walk then I will sooner or later stop also. So Im still working on that mentally. It is said by my nutritionist that when you reach a platue in your loseing, you need to up your workouts, with a bit more intensity, and you need to cut back on your calorie intake a bit more until your weight loss kicks back in gear. From my experience this does help a lot, to get it going again. So maybe you should walk for a longer period of time than your usual, or may try a little more incline walking. Since you are working out you may need to up your dosage on pain meds to work with your activity level. Check with your doctor on pain management, that is what I had to do in order to be able to function. When I am not as active I will cut back on my calorie intake and watch the fat and sodium intake more, this helps also. On this note, you have come to far to look back now, you have made great success and you can do it.
  • hockeydad725
    hockeydad725 Posts: 86 Member
    Feel Free to add me, I too was in the plateau rut. I just recently changed up my workouts and refocused my eating habits, seem to be headed in the right direction now.