Fitbit zip, Fitbit ultra, or Nike Fuel band

Options
Has anyone used any of these tools? I'm looking into purchasing one, but wanted to get some insight from others that have used them. I did read some reviews online but really didn't find anything concrete that lead me to believe one was the better option.

Thanks

Replies

• Touchdown73
    Touchdown73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Here's a good review that compares all of them.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/mobile-gadgeteer/life-tracking-tools-for-a-better-healthier-you-fuelband-fitbit-up-compared/5587

I've purchased the Ultra and have been very happy with it. However, the ZIP has come out since I purchased mine and if I had to do it again I would probably do that.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • khelm31
    khelm31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input. From what I can tell, the big difference between the ultra and zip is that the ultra tracks sleep. Do you find the sleep tracking as beneficial?
  • Gadget_Trish
    Gadget_Trish Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had the Nike Fuel Band an it broke in months. I am buying the new fitbit one at best buy with an extended warranty this week.
  • monie51
    monie51 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit zip and the fit bit aria scale. I love them both. My zip and scale auto updatesto MFP so I don't have to post anything as it applies to weight or excercise.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If you want the stairs, sleep and stopwAtch facility which ultra has but zip doesn't, wait for the launch if the One. This syncs with iPhone 4S upwards and ipad 3. It's also sweat resistant.
  • mag2906
    mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input. From what I can tell, the big difference between the ultra and zip is that the ultra tracks sleep. Do you find the sleep tracking as beneficial?

I got ultra just recently and find sleep tracking quite useful. I struggle to get enough sleep (too busy!) and it's good to get that weekly average from fitbit so I can push myself to go to bed earlier.
    Also if you are planning on getting zip, mind that it operates on replaceable battery which means more costs down the road.
    I got ultra since it's the only fitbit you can get from amazon.ca right now (I'm in Canada). Also ultra is currently on sale on most websites selling it (still 99.95 on fitibit.com unfortunately - you could try amazon).