what do you like listening to while working out?

Options
I used to listen to up beat music and stuff while walking and exercising but now I've started listening to books on CD and it doesn't seem like I've walked that far then I look down at the treadmill's mile counter says I've already walked like a mile. I have decided it is the best way for me to do my workouts because I'm so focused on what is being read instead of the work part of the work out and it seems like time just flies by. Does anyone else do this and get the same results? Or do you have any other tricks to keep exercising more fun rather than work?

Replies

• SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I love the workout stations on Pandora.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My three go to songs for when I feel like giving up:

"Carry On My Wayward Son" - Kansas
    "I Am The Doctor" - Series 5 Doctor Who Soundtrack
    "Fever Dream" - 300 Motion Picture Soundtrack

But listening to audiobooks is a great idea because you feel like going until the end of the chapter, but then you want to know what happens next if the chapter ends in a cliffhanger.
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Those are really good songs. I did not know that Doctor Who had a sound track tho. Love the Doctor. And yes that is exactly why I like listening to the audiobooks because I have to know what happens next. :)
  • RunionX4
    Options
    I didn't know that Pandora had a "workout" station. I'll have to check that out. Thanks
  • mirthfuldragon
    mirthfuldragon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of podcasts; Decoder Ring Theatre (http://decoderringtheatre.com/) has a ton of free, old time radio-style shows, which have long plot arcs. There's over 150 episodes, so it's a minimum of 75 hours to get through them, which can keep your mind occupied for a long while. If you're into detective stories or Batman-style crime fighting, it is good stuff, but light-hearted enough to give you a chuckle.
  • RunionX4
    Options
    That is really cool. I'll have to check that out. My husband will enjoy those too.
  • justmyalias
    justmyalias Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love the workout stations on Pandora.

oooooh...
    i did not know these existed!
    tx for the info...