Mama back on track challenge,any takers?

Options

Replies

• I need to get back in shape . I am down to 158 and 5'2. my goal is 130 by February!!! I need lots of motivation that I already have. Any suggestions on speeding up this process????
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    SW 236.2
    CW 231.8

Wow! 4.4 lbs? I had to weigh myself three times before I believed it... I know the next 100 lbs isn't going to fall off like this, but what a motivating start!

That was my warmup week... this week I start going to the gym 5 days a week and incorporate some circuit training. (Honestly I'm a little nervous about the circuit training class, but I'm going for it anyway...)

I'm going to keep trying out the yummy recipes I've gotten off the forums here, try to incorporate more veggies and limit myself to one drink every night this coming week... hopefully that will help keep the lbs coming off!

Everyone looks like they're doing great, whether y'all lost a chunk or not you're sticking with it. Keep up the awesome work! =D
    So proud of you,that's great!! Yeskeep doing it and the weight will surely come off!!!
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    I need to get back in shape . I am down to 158 and 5'2. my goal is 130 by February!!! I need lots of motivation that I already have. Any suggestions on speeding up this process????
    Move more,eat better,and drink a lot of water!!!!! You can do it!!!
  • MrsInclan
    MrsInclan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 27 and a single mom and student. I have lost 80+ lbs since December but the loss has really slowed down the last several months. I'd like to get to the 100 lb mark by the end of the year but I don't think that's realistic now. I would like to try to at least get down to about 170, so 15 more pounds. I started 30 Day Shred today and am going to keep walking and running as well. I really need to focus on tracking, eating better and drinking more water too. I'm up a few pounds from just the other day. Starting weight today is 184.8. I'm getting nervous with the holiday's coming up. I really want to stay on track and see some more results
  • drgirl1023
    drgirl1023 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! New to this challenge but so looking foward to it. Since I had my son I have lost about 45 pounds but I want to lose another 40 pounds. It is hard for me to lose weight. I am hoping that this challenge will help me get to my goals.

CW: 170pds
    GW: 130pds.
  • SJiqbal
    SJiqbal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm sad, fellow mamas. I unfortunately didn't lose any weight this week. I don't get it, I'm eating a lot less, not even eating any chocolate now but I can't seem to see a difference. I really hope I start seeing some progress in the coming days or I fear the worst..... Forfeiture :(

On the plus side, I didn't gain any. Well done all of u soon to be slinky slim ladies ;)
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    SW- 163# (oct 2011)
    CW- 152#
    Todays wt 10/22/12 151.4# =)
  • destinee1103
    destinee1103 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I think number will start dropping soo just make sure u keep it up :)
  • dodgegirl1979
    dodgegirl1979 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    count me in i would love to be part of this i really need the support and i am looking forward to a healthy me. i have been at this for year now and its just a roller coaster.
    sw 240
    cw233
    gw175
    my goals for this 30 days are at least 5 pounds but more would be nice.
    add me if any one wants to be part of my support group and ill try and help you out as much as i can.
  • Cjoseph03
    Cjoseph03 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in late, but I love this. I'm totally in!

Mom to a 11, 10 and 8 year old. I have 80lbs to loose and I really need to step up my game. I gained 80lbs with my last pregnancy and have remained at this weight since then (Yes, I know...he's 8!). I work night shift RN at a hospital an hour from home. Sleep is limited much less time to exercise. Since I work 3-4 nights a week, my goal will fluctuate with my schedule. My goals are:

1) LOG EVERYTHING!
    2) Exercise 3-4x's per week
    3) Loose 5-8 lbs in 4 weeks.

I was doing awesome on MFP, went on vaca and just didn't come back. Starting fresh! Please feel free to add me!
  • MeMeg10
    MeMeg10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Check in for the week...didn't lose, but didn't gain. Managed to login everyday and also get my exercise in. Happy with that and looking forward to a loss next week (sometimes goes in spurts for me). Great work everyone!
  • em376
    em376 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm checking in for the week. I'm down 2 pounds (in my first week on MFP)! I am so excited about that! Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I am UP 2 pounds. BOOOOOOO me. I really need to get in gear. I have not been working on it. Lazy me. :sad:

BUT I can and I will!!:bigsmile:

Congrats to all who were successful this week. I am proud of you!:smooched:

Deb
  • a465875
    Options
    I'm glad that I came across this challenge becasue I'm in desprearte need of starting over. I am 30 year old mother of two beautiful boys and am ready to llok my best. I currently weigh 190 lbs and my goal is to get down to 165, therefore I must lose 25lbs to look the way I desire. My goal is to work out 2x/week fr 30 minutes and plan my meals for the day the night before. I want to start of slow so that I do not burn out and give up.

I look forward to losing weight with all of you guys....
  • casswash2400
    casswash2400 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me, I seem to go hard then slack which always shows on my weigh-ins. I'm a 31 year old very active more of five kids, three teenagers, 1 toddler, and a 5month old infant. Finding the time for myself it a fight its self. But I truly need to do it.

Goals:
    1. Cut back on my sugar intake.
    2. Exercise at least 5 days per week.
    3. Start interacting weights into my workout at least 3 days per week.
    4. Stop eating past 8:00pm
    5. Eat lot and lots of healthy snacks....
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    Hi! I'm 27 and a single mom and student. I have lost 80+ lbs since December but the loss has really slowed down the last several months. I'd like to get to the 100 lb mark by the end of the year but I don't think that's realistic now. I would like to try to at least get down to about 170, so 15 more pounds. I started 30 Day Shred today and am going to keep walking and running as well. I really need to focus on tracking, eating better and drinking more water too. I'm up a few pounds from just the other day. Starting weight today is 184.8. I'm getting nervous with the holiday's coming up. I really want to stay on track and see some more results
    I can totally relate.im super nervous about the holidays also.but just see how far you have come,and focus on that.For a whole yr i got too comfortable with where i was at,i thought i lost 60 lbs,i deserve a break,but im still not happy because im not at goal weight.So just dont stop,i finally knew that i had to keep going,and even though i did gain 10 lbs,i noticed it for sure.so now that the holidays are right around the corner,i cant gain anymore.
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    I'm sad, fellow mamas. I unfortunately didn't lose any weight this week. I don't get it, I'm eating a lot less, not even eating any chocolate now but I can't seem to see a difference. I really hope I start seeing some progress in the coming days or I fear the worst..... Forfeiture :(

On the plus side, I didn't gain any. Well done all of u soon to be slinky slim ladies ;)
    Dont be sad,did you take any mesurements? sometimes the scale wont sgow,but will with inches!!
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    ok,for those just starting,welcome aboard,and good luck with your journey!!! To those that didnt lose anything,please dont give up,its the first week and you have worked too hard to give up,just keep pushing,maybe change it up a lil,drink more water,most importantly,be real with yourself,if you dont want to log your food here,put it on a journal at home,just to see how it looks on paper..Yall are all doing so great becuase you are still here and fighting to stay fit and healthy!!! Keep it up!!!
  • monicabuc1
    monicabuc1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Would like to join this challenge! Need all the motivation I can get. The scale is climbing up, need it to go down.

******GOALS******
    1. Log daily for 30 days straight!! Food & exercise.
    2. Exercise 3 to 4 times a week.
    3. Incorporate weekday habits during the weekend. I really get off track Friday night through Sunday.

Please feel free to add me!!! :smile:

Where there's a will, there's a way!!!
  • venturaroo
    venturaroo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Monday 10/22/12 1st weigh in post:

Starting weight 238.2

Today's weight 234

Loss of : 4.2 lbs

Goal for the week: Water, water and more water. Also burn 3,500 calories in exercise.