Cheat Meal At The Melting Pot

Options
Well today marks my first full month at MFP. I have been on track with my goals overall, and 5 lbs down so far. I weigh in on Sundays, so that is tomorrow, and I really want to see another pound gone. Well, tonight I am planning dinner with my daughter at the Melting Pot. I am a little nervous, the nutrition information isn't available. In the database here it has a meal for two , with one serving at 1400 cals, yikes!!

I have not cheated once all month, so I am hoping it is okay this once. I certainly do not want to sabotage my progress though.
I will not be having desert, and will go for the vinegrette dressing on the salad. But skip the bread and cheese?? That would take all the fun out of it for sure.

I am going to try to burn 2-300 cals before going, maybe I should burn that many afterwards to? Or should I just relax and let myself go way over for a day. How far over is okay?? My goal is 1280 cals a day, and I have already eaten a few hundred of them.

The veggie , bread , and cheese is my favorite part of the meal, I generally only have a few bits of fish and shrimp in the veggie broth. So I have no idea just how many cals this is going to come to, but surely it is putting me way over for the day.

Am I ok, or should I bust my butt to burn off what I can today??

Replies

• noseovertail
    Options
    Personally i would work out a little bit before I went and then not worry about going a bit over. Don't kill yourself working out though, and have fun!
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Bust your butt to do a workout, then stick with the vegetable dippers. At least until desert. Then ask for a plate of strawberries to go in the chocolate. This will help to manage how many calories you blow, but won't entirely eliminate how much you cheat.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Also... since the one serving is 1400 ask for a container and take 1/2 home. :flowerforyou:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    we are going there march 16th. i can't wait! they are extending their 5280 week special for the entire month. :)

we are going to have:
    First Course
    •Boston Lager Cheddar Cheese Fondue - Aged cheddar cheese blended with Samuel Adams Boston Lager, tabasco, Worcestershire Sauce and chopped chives

Second Course
    Your Salad Selection (choose one):
    •Caesar Salad
    •House Salad
    •California Salad

Third Course
    •An entree that includes filet mignon, shrimp, teriyaki sirloin, boneless breast of chicken, and salmon

Fourth Course
    •Flaming Turtle - Milk chocolate, caramel and chopped pecans, flambéed tableside

i say workout before and then 'slurge', but that's just me. have fun with your daughter!
    dawn
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    we are going there march 16th. i can't wait! they are extending their 5280 week special for the entire month. :)

we are going to have:
    First Course
    •Boston Lager Cheddar Cheese Fondue - Aged cheddar cheese blended with Samuel Adams Boston Lager, tabasco, Worcestershire Sauce and chopped chives

Second Course
    Your Salad Selection (choose one):
    •Caesar Salad
    •House Salad
    •California Salad

Third Course
    •An entree that includes filet mignon, shrimp, teriyaki sirloin, boneless breast of chicken, and salmon

Fourth Course
    •Flaming Turtle - Milk chocolate, caramel and chopped pecans, flambéed tableside

i say workout before and then 'slurge', but that's just me. have fun with your daughter!
    dawn

Thats funny because that identical to what we plan to have, only skipping the dessert bit.
    My favorite bit for sure is the first course.

I did just burn off a couple hundred calories, not much, but I do not have time for more now. It is my first cheat meal so i won't worry too much about it. I figure I am due for an indulgence. Her too, she is getting tired of my sensible home-cooking, lol.
    :drinker:

It is pricey too, but I am paying for it with a bonus I earned from work.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone!
  • mhesterruns
    Options
    I think that if yo have been on target for the month that one day will not affect you too much. You may be up a little in the mornign no matter how much you work out. The thing to remember is that you are being careful about what you are eating and conscious of your calorie intake, so do n't worry about it enjoy the evening and eat what looks good stopping when you feel full. If skip the desert though you deserve saint hood!
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If it was me, I would go really light on cal's all day, work out before, then drink 2 full glasses of water when you get there, before you eat anything. You might be surprised at the amount you actually eat (especially if you keep drinking water throughout the meal). Then, I would not worry about it, eat what I wanted and then make up for the the rest of the week by maybe exercising a little more than normal each day. I bet you will be right back on track next week. Have fun!!!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    MMMM , that was a treat! My tummy is shocked for sure tho', what a gut bomb!

I wish I knew how many calories it all was, I really have a hard time believing it was 1400, but no way to know. I put it in at 1120
    cals in my food diary, and it has only left me about 30 over for the day. Surely I won't want another bite of anything the rest of the evening. What is the worst culprit there I think is the yummy cheesy dipping goodies they have there. Delicious! :drinker:

And I did skip dessert! Really wasn't feeling like it I was so full by the end of the meal.

Best of it all was the time with the daughter who was very happy to be there, feeling more relaxed and chatty then I have seen her in while. So that was the best treat of all.