Help! I'm having an "empty" day.

Options
I have stuck to my calories so far today and have planned out what I'm going to eat and how much I'm going to exercise, but I still feel like my stomach is empty... no matter how much I eat. There are also some donuts in the breakroom here and I really want to go eat a bunch of those sugary, nasty things... but I know I shouldn't. I already ate my lunch sandwich... To avoid this feeling of being hungry, should I just go ahead and eat my afternoon snacks now and hope that the full feeling will carry through til dinner??

Argh!

Replies

• acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Water - pound about two 20oz glasses of water and then sip on water throughout the day. IT's what I do when I'm overly hungry.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Drink more water! When I am hungry I chug down some water and that usually helps. Sometimes what we *think* is hunger is actully thirst/dehydration.

Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    Drink a cup or two of cold water --- it helps fill you up without eating anything! :) Good luck!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Big glass of water....and if you can, a walk. Good luck!
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    water water water water...fight the urge to eat...it will get easier with time but you need to show it who is boss.

You diary looks good so keep doing what you are doing.

HINT: Add a little more protein high foods to your diet...they digest slower so you don't get hungry so fast....
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    water changes nothing for me, if it works for you then great but if not just stay strong. You're feeling hungry because you know them donuts are there... put them out your mind. BE STRONG!
  • abbie72003
    abbie72003 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    water....and when you're sick of that, tea :)
  • leanne171717
    Options
    Go get a pack of gum and count the calories. Drink at least 20 oz of water all at one time. Don't eat your snack until snack time. Do get some celery sticks and baby carrots to have on haand for days like today. Don't give up!

LeAnne
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling! Stay away from the donuts. They have nothing to offer and you will probably feel bad and regret it later.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    In case no one has mentioned this yet... water. DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!! With a side of... water. Cheers :drinker:
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Water water water! That always works for me, along with busying myself and trying to avoid the fact that there is a huge, delicious looking sour cream pudding pound cake right behind my head on the counter. I'm a nanny and this family always has tons of sweets that are very hard to resist, but I do it. It's not easy, but so worth it in the end. And if I can afford it, I treat myself to a small piece of whatever is the flavor of the week here on my weigh in day. :)

BUT DRINK THAT WATER!
  • ellemoncada
    Options
    Thanks everybody - I am drinking water now and will switch to tea when I get tired of water. Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I did give in and eat half a donut this morning, so I will just think about how I enjoyed that instead of lusting after the goopy, icing-coated, calorie-laden, bloat-inducing garbage left over from this morning. I think if I can just push through until 1pm, I'll feel okay to wait until 2:30/3:00 for my banana and granola.

A co-worker also suggested chewing gum, so I'm going to do that as well. Thanks again, everyone!!
  • LeidaPrimal
    LeidaPrimal Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What's your afternoon snack? Sandwich is not a great satiety food since it has a lot of bread. If your snack something like eggs and butter, or a can of salmon or sardines, eat it to compensate for sugar/grain hunger. If that's nuts, trail mix, a piece of fruit, I suggest you get sardines, eggs etc i.e a combo of fat and protein. If you do donuts you will likely be curled up on the floor at 2-4 pm window with starvation and low energy fit.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I haven't felt extreme hunger since I changed my macros and raised my protein and fat levels and lowered my carbs. I also eat 4 - 6 times a day, NOT for any metabolism mumbo jumbo but because I don't get hungry that way.
  • kissedbytheocean
    kissedbytheocean Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Water never does it for me, so if I'm having a hungry day, I just eat a little more. Try to make it healthy, but still eat if you're hungry. Your body is obviously trying to tell you something!
  • Niki_Fawn
    Niki_Fawn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if this is good advice but coffee helps me stay full also. Just a cup, no cream. I also keep frozen grapes in the freezer, I suck on them when I have sweet cravings or to keep me until meal time. I don't have many, since they are frozen, 1-4 last a long way.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I keep almonds at my desk. 100 calories of almonds to get me through the morning makes a big difference, and I'd MUCH rather be happy and productive and 100 calories over at the end of the day than miserable, because I know that being miserable will eventually result in eating junk food.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    start with a couple of big glasses of cold water and take a walk.

I keep almonds in my desk too - chew slowly and enjoy them. Good for those 'tapeworm' days :)
  • freedski1
    freedski1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i brush my teeth and use mouth wash to fight the afternoon cookie monster...
  • mercymarque
    Options
    Water is the key.. pack some nuts but be careful how many you have. Raw fruits and veggies are nice snack too. What do you have for breakfast? You want to have protein with every meal. I usually have toast with two tablespoons of peanut butter or almond butter and oatmeal. I full till lunch with that.