Quick, packable lunch ideas needed!

Options
13»

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I normally save a lunch sized portion of my dinner the night before if I can. Then it's just a healthy microwave meal. :-)
  • da_llama
    da_llama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I never have time, so I make an extra portion of dinner the night before and just take that, take a flask of soup (especially in winter), or if youre fed up of sandwiches then try wraps. I take some salad, sliced meat and 2 deli wraps and have them. They feel better than sandwiches i think :)
  • tpelotte
    tpelotte Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    How about the frozen single or double servings of veggies? Much better nutritionally than the frozen meals, and cheaper. Today I'm having a double serving of Harvest Veggies (green beans, red peppers, and potatoes) with a container of cottage cheese and an apple.

I'll also make my own Lunchable with deli sliced turkey, laughing cow, and pretzels or Special K cracker crisps.
  • Hogscliffe
    Hogscliffe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    a mixed salad, lettuce, baby tomatoes, cucumber diced, butter beans or kidney bean- help with filling you up
    then top with bacon back chopped up with balsamic vinager or tuna or chicken cooked in herbs cubed, or strong cheese- cubed but definately weighed as it is v high in cal but gives fab flavour, gorgonzola, ducletta, stilton etc

really simple to prepare:)
  • kbooth
    kbooth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I pack lunches for my husband and daughter...here are some ideas from what I pack them. :)

Tuna fish pitas
    Chicken salad roll ups (roll ups with burrito shells)
    Ham and cheese sandwich on Arnold's sandwich thins (100 calorie)
    Peanut butter and jelly roll up
    Salsa and chips
    Fruit (sometimes fresh, sometimes canned)
    Veggies (usually send along ranch for dipping for the kids)
    Salads (put a squirt of salad dressing in a snack sized ziplock to be applied when ready to eat)
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    On Sundays I try to cook up some chicken breasts (skinless - boneless) and put them individual containers so they are ready to go the whole week - can put on salads or steam up some veggies for a side! I try to do alot of preplanning on Sunday - so my lunches are good to go for the week! I also plan on my dinners - sometimes I will make extra so there is enough for lunch the next day!

This is what I do as well...I find that it keeps me on track and that way I have no excuses to use the cafeteria at work. I also bring Greek Yogurt with fruit or cottage cheese with veggies.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I always make more for dinner that is need for 2 people and then I put the leftovers in Tupperware and freeze them and take it to work so everything is already made up. Some times we (my boyfriend and I) will take Saturday to make several meals so we are stocked up for the week and for the week on lunches. I rarely eat out or bring just a sandwich.
    Preparation is the key! :wink:
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Make your food the night before.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I always make more for dinner that is need for 2 people and then I put the leftovers in Tupperware and freeze them and take it to work so everything is already made up. Some times we (my boyfriend and I) will take Saturday to make several meals so we are stocked up for the week and for the week on lunches. I rarely eat out or bring just a sandwich.
    Preparation is the key! :wink:
    Today i have chicken breast, broccoli & potatoes, tomorrow I think homemade turkey pot pie. I also spend a lot of time putting in my recipes into MFP so I get an accurate calorie count on things I make regularly .
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My packed lunch today consists of:
    - one snack size Greek Yogurt
    - 12g almonds
    - 10g cashews
    - 2 plain rice cakes with 1 tbs peanut butter and quarter of a sliced banana on each (other half of the banana went to my man's lunch below)
    - 100g peeled mini carrots
    - 100 g sliced cucumber
    - 30g feta cheese
    - 25g spinach
    (really you can use whatever snackin veggies/salad accessories that particular person will eat)
    - half a cliff bar

My bf's packed lunch is the higher-cal version of mine:
    - millet-chia bread (gluten free) with the PB & Bananas instead of rice cakes
    - flavored rice cakes (rather than just plain) to snack on
    - leftovers from last nights protein-filled dinner instead of the salad
    - same snacks but in higher quanities (50g of almonds, cashews and peanuts, etc.)
    - some added things include the Ensure or Boost nutritional drinks, the motts flavored apple sauces

Also the healthy choices frozen meals are more nutritional than most of the other ones you can find if you are really in a pinch.
    leftovers or quick easy salads are your best friends otherwise. =)
  • LuckyMe381
    LuckyMe381 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    lunchable, peanut butter sandwich, starkist lunch packs, slim fast...all very quick and filling
  • kristengraham
    kristengraham Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • determined136
    Options
    I make a big batch of turkey chili and free it in 1 cup portions. Pop it in my lunch. It keeps everything cold and is a great source of protein and low in calories. Message me if you want the recipe