Should I aim for my daily calorie goal, or my new allowance

Options
My calorie goal per day is 1200. So am I supposed to aim for that, even on days when I exercise? Or if it gives me allowance to eat more because I exercised...should I be ok eating that amount? Will I still lose weight if I eat the extra calories they let me eat? Or should I keep it at 1200 everyday no matter what.

I guess I'm just a little unclear what I need to be doing to reach my maximum weight loss potential.

Replies

• nataliesaunders2470
    Options
    Hi, I presume you mean the 1200 is the figure you've been given by this site? Well if you exercise too, that's additional. So...today my allowance was 1200, but I also exercised for 20 minutes on my bike which made my total calorific allowance 1422. Thing is that I've found is that I'm really hungry on the days that I exercise, so if you want to stick to 1200 every day - turn those extra calories that you've burned on the bike into a treat. Maybe a small chocolate bar or something, and then it will always balance itself out....if that makes sense! xx
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If you look at the beginning of the forum there is a bunch of posts that say things like "newbies please read me" That explains all those questions that come up at the beginning of using the site.

The short answer is yes, you are supposed to eat them!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes, Yes to eating your exercise calories or you will put your body into starvation mode and then you won't lose any weight. Also, your body needs the extra calories to us to recover form the exercising and build lean muscle.