Good Protein Bar

Options
I always seem to be a little low on protein. I would like some ideas for a healthy protein bar that I could use for snacks, if that is possible. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Replies

• divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    beef, turkey, or pork jerky. And boiled eggs are easy. Protein bars are frequently loaded with sugar or sugar substitutes and other garbage.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars...each bar contains 18-32g of protein (depending on what size bar you get), and has less than 4g of sugar. Not bad tasting at all
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    There was a good thread a bit ago where someone compared all the bars....I wish i could remember the name of it for you, because it would probably help!!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars. :)

Forgot to mention, they aren't covered in chocolate they are a pressed bar. They are all 170-210 calories.

have about 18 grams fiber in each one.

20 grams of WHEY/Milk protien. (no soy or other crap)

no artificial sweeteners, no oils. They are low in carbs as well.

Oh... and they taste REALLY good. I like the strawberry cheesecake, coconut cashew, PB&J, and apple pie ones.
  • clew77
    clew77 Posts: 34
    Options
    herbalife protein bars i find really good :)
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    tub of cottage cheese. better for you. more protein. cheaper.
  • jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt Plain Nonfat then add your own fruit if you desire a bit more flavor

Another thing, look into protein shakes. Less added sugar, etc.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    If your looking for something not to expensive then Nature Valley has a protein bar it's peanut butter & chocolate and it's delicious. It has 10 grams of protein.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Yup. They appear to be the best ones I've ever found. They have some really good flavors too.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    SixPackNutritionShack.com

AWESOME low sugar, high protein bars. Dangerously delicious though. Homemade bars.

However, yes, there are many food options for protein as others have related. Alas, you asked about bars.

For a commercial bar - I like Clif Builders bars. 20 g protein. I usually will eat half with some nut butter.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    If your looking for something not to expensive then Nature Valley has a protein bar it's peanut butter & chocolate and it's delicious. It has 10 grams of protein.

This^ Nature Valley has one called "recharge" with 10 grams of protein. Love the dark chocolate cherry flavor.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I bought 5 different kinds the other day to try to start a comparison b/c there are so damn many of them out there and I had NEVER even tried one until that day. So far I have only tried 1 - Pure Protein Bar (really good) - I can't remember all of the numbers but the protein was 21g I believe w/about 16g of carbs - 0 sugar. They were on sale for .79cents - so for the price and they are filling too, these are really good but I have yet to try the ClifBar, Kroger Brand - Simple Truth - These have more protein & less carbs than the others but I am not sure about the taste yet but will update later on.

Not sure if this helped or not but that is what you might want to try - Find them on sale for less than $1 and just buy all different brands/flavors and compare for yourself b/c I might like something that you find disgusting. It's worth a try if you find some you like.

Best of luck!! :happy:

ETA: I just read above what HarlenJen said about the sixpacknutritionshack.com bars and from what I have heard they are beyond delicious and I am planning on ordering some soon myself. Just wanted to add that in there. lol
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I use Nature valley protein bars. I only have 1 a day. I am trying to raise my protein more, though, with peanut butter... milk... chicken... fish... etc....
  • jeannettarodgers
    jeannettarodgers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    www.sixpacknutritionshack.com they are sooooooooooooo good, and healthy all natural organic ingredients. 25 grams of protein per bar, low sugar but taste amazing!
  • babsie11
    babsie11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    good question.. thanks.. got my answer too
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Clif Bars are good but I've been told Met-RX are better, just that it's a ton of protein and calories so it's best to split it in half (and if you can't keep to eating half, go with Clif)
  • nils27
    nils27 Posts: 13
    Options
    wonderslim protein bars are really good. bariatricchoice.com has this and other solutions.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My faves...
    Think thin gluten free protein bars 20G protein, 24 carb 230 calories
    &
    Clif builder protein bars 20 g protein 30g carb 270 calories
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Make your own!

I have and there are tons of Youtube's explaining how. It's easy, cheaper and you can tweak the values & ingredients to what you want/like/need. (IE: in my case, high protein, low carb, no gluten or lactose, decent calories so it could be a meal replacement).

My recipe is in my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/sammniamii/view/my-protein-bars-432076