What's the most weight anyone's gained on a vacation?

Options
Last year, my wife and I went on an 18 day cruise and we both really pigged out. But hey, it's vacation, you're allowed to stuff yourself if you want to right?. When we came back, we were shocked to find my weight up 25 pounds and hers up 31 pounds! These are just the fat, we gave it a few days for the water weight to go away. Nicole did say something about her pants being tighter than usual.

So, what's the most weight any of you have ever gained on a vacation

Replies

• funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Gained 10 pounds in 7 days at Disney World. I was eating 3 meals, 3 desserts, and 2 snacks a day. Hahaha. :) It went away within a few days back to the healthy routine. :)
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Last year, my wife and I went on an 18 day cruise and we both really pigged out. But hey, it's vacation, you're allowed to stuff yourself if you want to right?. When we came back, we were shocked to find my weight up 25 pounds and hers up 31 pounds! These are just the fat, we gave it a few days for the water weight to go away. Nicole did say something about her pants being tighter than usual.

That seems.. extreme, but you were vacationing for 18 days. I went to the Bahamas for a week and gained two lbs, but that was primarily water weight and I lost it within the week of being back. I ate and drank more than usual while on vacation, but never really "pigged" out to excess but once.
  • Stancey
    Options
    13 lbs. in a weekend... :-(
  • brober12
    Options

That seems.. extreme, but you were vacationing for 18 days. I went to the Bahamas for a week and gained two lbs, but that was primarily water weight and I lost it within the week of being back. I ate and drank more than usual while on vacation, but never really "pigged" out to excess but once.

We thought it was pretty extreme two, but if you look at it, Nicole only gained just under 2 pounds per day. We didn't intentionally pig out, but there were so many buffets and different types of food, you just had to try everything. But, that mentality came back to bite both of us in our now larger butts.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I actually lost four pounds on our last vacation. /shrug

I don't see any need to cram my face with garbage I wouldn't normally eat, just because I am not at home.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Crazy I've always lost weight on vacations. I always wanna look good when we go out so I wind up eating less during the day so I won't look bloated.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I spent 10 days on vacation this summer. Three days in Seattle followed by a 7 day Alaskan cruise. Didn't gain a thing during those 10 days.

However, we went to Charleston for 5 days and I gain 2.5 lbs! Let's just say there were healthier choices on the cruise!:laugh:
  • brober12
    Options
    13 lbs. in a weekend... :-(

Wow. How did you manage that?
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    10-15 pounds on a 2 week camping trip. Damn you chips, hot dogs and beer!!
  • Dreamer1311
    Dreamer1311 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    6lbs on a 5 days cruise :laugh:
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a week long cruise 2 weeks ago. I gained 4 lbs but within 3 days it was all gone so i know it was water weight. No gain, woo hoo.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Thank you for the confirmation that I do not want to go on a cruise.

We just got back from two weeks in Paris and Italy and ate everything we wanted but both lost a couple pounds from all the walking!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    17.6 pounds in six days.
  • jooonesy
    jooonesy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I remember gaining about 15 pounds (on the scale) 1 week in Miami. But I think it was more than just diet... I think the humidity and high sodium intake is what really caused the issue.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I have never gained weight on a holiday, but then when I am away especially if I know the area I walk everywhere
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I tend to lose weight on vacation. Likely because I don't take "relaxing," leisurely type vacations. Usually sightseeing, and running around w/ a tight schedule trying to fit everything in. I've been warned, I should never take a cruise, because it is all about the food. LOL
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I always lose weight while on vacation! I don't have time to sit around and stuff my face like I usually do, i'm always walking everywhere.
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I gained 4 pounds in a week on my vacation in Key West. After a few days back on MFP, I lost three of those pounds, so I guess the net gain was only 1 pound. Not too bad considering many desserts and lots of alcohol!
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a vacation coming up and I plan on gaining. Yep, going to an all inclusive resort. I will be drinking all day and eating pasta and hamburgers, chips and ice cream and cinnamon rolls. Midnight buffet too. I do plan on working out for an hour each day doing various of cardio and lifting. Also, at night hanging out in the nightclub dancing. I hope to have lost 20 pounds before i go and hopefully put on 5 or less lbs while I am there. I plan on getting back to my routine when I return home.

I am actually looking forward to indulging and yet scared of the outcome. I will be away for 9 days. It is out of the country and no access to MFP. : (
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    10 lbs in as many days, but I do think some of that was water. This past vacation I tried harder-- hubby and I were gone 3 weeks and I was only up about 2 pounds after water weight.