Water Flavorings...

Options
Yeah yeah...I know....you needs lots and lots of h2o, and if you are like me and have a VERY slow digestive tract,you need even more.....my problem is, as much as I love some good water, I also get very bored with it! My question to all you lovely people is, what are you thoughts on adding those flavor packets, or MIO to you water? Let me know! :)

Replies

• Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Nuun electrolyte tablets.
  • Phoenyxlove
    Phoenyxlove Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love mio, especially the purple one! I'm kind of addicted to it I think. Lol it really satisfies my sweet tooth too!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of Mio!! I think I should own stock in it. I like all the flavors, exept the tea. I think the tea flavor sucks.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I use them. The artificial sweeteners havent killed me yet. Besides, it's a good way to get in water if you're having trouble in that department and don't have issues with artificial sweeteners. They make some with trivia though too. Don't let people tell you adding something to water doesn't count as "water". That's silly. Of course it does, it's not like crystal light suddenly changes water to wood.
  • LiqueLique89
    LiqueLique89 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light packets :smile:
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    When I get tired of just water, I add in a glass of tea for the day. I also sometimes add lemon to water, just enough of a taste change to help.
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan any more. They're kind of expensive, and I found that the sweetness had me craving sweets more than usual. Also, I had some digestive issues that I think were connected the them, although I seem to be in the minority there.

I prefer to add a slice of lemon, lime, or cucumber to my water ... or a cinnamon stick (not only tasty, but cinnamon is supposed to kick up the metabolism).
  • CocoaTreat
    CocoaTreat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I add 4 slices of lemon and a 1/4 cupf rasberries to my water jug in the morning. The fruit flavor last for 64-72oz of water. Try it sometimes.
  • RzRzRzR
    RzRzRzR Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A squirt of lime juice from those plastic lime-shaped bottles does me fine.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    just like with anything you should use those flavorings in moderation...

if you want to flavor your water get a pitcher and add some lemons or other fruits or your likings to the water refrigerate and you you will have flavored water
  • alatoyajones
    alatoyajones Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use them but I make sure I have about 3 to 4 bottles of non flavored water before the flavored.
  • RzRzRzR
    RzRzRzR Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just got some cantaloupe flavored drink mix at one of the Mexican bodegas. It does have some sugar but the flavor is very strong so I'm watering it down a bit.

I prefer real fruit juice as a mix-in when I'm craving something more than water.